Seahawks fan rejects $20K, will return famous ball to kearse

-The Glove-

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1beyybcg said:
cool story, Kearse will hook him up with some signed swag, if he really needs dough he can sell that swag easily for some serious coin especially with a letter from the Seahawks of how he obtained the swag.
Is there a more annoying word than "swag"?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1gd580yt said:
tom sawyer":1gd580yt said:
cool story, Kearse will hook him up with some signed swag, if he really needs dough he can sell that swag easily for some serious coin especially with a letter from the Seahawks of how he obtained the swag.

HeatEquation?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":8plqqnt4 said:
-The Glove-":8plqqnt4 said:
tom sawyer":8plqqnt4 said:

HeatEquation?

Bae

That one really boils my egg.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That's stupid as all hell . Take the money it's change to them

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
12thbrah":3tji14ik said:
Glad he returned the ball but he's till a jobless father w/ 2 kids. Why would you turn down $20k?
because it is the right thing to do.

ivotuk

Reaction score
20k might have strings attached, taxes, and if he's getting State assistance, 20k could cause problems as in losing that assistance.

Is not easy being a single male parent. You don't get the assistance that female single parents get, at least not in my experience. I was raising my daughter by myself and applied for help but always got turned down. "There's a 6 month waiting list" but the single mom I knew got assistance immediately.

So I empathize with the guy, if he's getting assistance, he has to avoid any hint of financial gain.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
SonicHawk":7l3lbz42 said:
-The Glove-":7l3lbz42 said:
tom sawyer":7l3lbz42 said:

HeatEquation?

Like last years donkospurt a mod should change his profile name. Suggestions should be given. :stirthepot:

A

Anonymous

HawkMeat":ig51w4t2 said:
SonicHawk":ig51w4t2 said:
-The Glove-":ig51w4t2 said:
tom sawyer":ig51w4t2 said:

HeatEquation?

Like last years donkospurt a mod should change his profile name. Suggestions should be given. :stirthepot:

Well, let's hear some.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1s2a4rjq said:
Kearse wasn't the one offering him 20k. It was a memorabilia dealer. He wanted to make sure the ball got back to Kearse not some dealer

pmedic920

Reaction score
-The Glove-":6q6ken8v said:
hawkfannj":6q6ken8v said:
Kearse wasn't the one offering him 20k. It was a memorabilia dealer. He wanted to make sure the ball got back to Kearse not some dealer

Yep, and that dealer would most likely put it up for action or charged Kearse 5x that amount.

nolachawks

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3cz923xz said:
-The Glove-":3cz923xz said:
tom sawyer":3cz923xz said:

HeatEquation?

Selfie

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Am I the only one that watched the interview and got the impression that he's not "giving" the ball back to Kearse, but is offering to trade it for a free Super Bowl trip? He didn't say he accepted the signed game helmet and jersey - he said Kearse asked him what else he wanted and his answer was to go see the Super Bowl. Yeah, he said he wouldn't give it up to anyone but Kearse, but I think they're still in negotiations.

As for the "single dad" thing - I see that term used commonly when they're not even the custodial parent. They're single, they're dads.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
This guy is a convicted felon who ran a chop shop and traded car parts for guns. He sounds like a real model citizen.

A

Anonymous

Seahawks1983":2czln0z7 said:
This guy is a convicted felon who ran a chop shop and traded car parts for guns. He sounds like a real model citizen.

Did you run a background on this guy?

I'm not seeing that info being advanced.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":vxn7nyuj said:

Creepy and embarrassing. You have far too much time on your hands.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":zlwsa5ji said:
12thbrah":zlwsa5ji said:
Glad he returned the ball but he's till a jobless father w/ 2 kids. Why would you turn down $20k?

Wrong. The dude hasn't provided for his family at all if you look into the story. The "right" thing to do would have been to take the money and give it to his kids while he's serving jail time, instead of collecting Seahawks memorabilia and betting game tickets. There's more important things than sports

scutterhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2gszwg9s said:
YYZHawksFan":2gszwg9s said:
12thbrah":2gszwg9s said:

Wrong. The dude hasn't provided for his family at all if you look into the story. The "right" thing to do would have been to take the money and give it to his kids while he's serving jail time, instead of collecting Seahawks memorabilia and betting game tickets. There's more important things than sports

Wow man, I almost got a tear in my eye after reading this.....ALMOST.
I think what put it over the top for me, was the violin music that I added to the reading it for the second time.