Seahawks fans petition to ban FOX's Buck, Aikman...

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
from broadcasts.

An online petition is calling for FOX Sports announcing team Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to be banned from calling future Seahawks games.
The petition, posted by Corey Bailey, had over 9,500 signatures as of Wednesday morning. It reads:
“The Seattle Seahawks 12th man are growing increasingly tired of the negative remarks that are consistently made against our team by Fox Sports commentators Troy Aikman & Joe Buck. As nationally televised games, we understand that the commentators need to be sensitive to both the fans of the home and away team. However, Aikman & Buck's comments heavily favor any and all of the Seahawks opponents. Their comments are incredibly critical and degrading. Not only do we respectfully request, the 12th Man DEMANDS that these two commentators be banned from calling any future Seahawks games.”

http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nfl/s ... /75147556/

I grow tired of their commentary from time to time myself, but this, this sounds like something a whiner fan would do.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree that this is lame. I also agree that Buck and Aikman were terrible. Not sure why you would put Aikman on any Dallas game. I don't even blame him really, it would be tough to be impartial during a game. You have a ton of different guys, pick someone else.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like Aikman/Buck games....not so much because of them (maybe in spite of them), but because they often get pretty wide national coverage which ups the chances that more Seahawks fans see the games. There's no chance in the world that they are going to get fired, so in reality all this junk does is ask the network to lessen our coverage. Bad idea all the way around.

edogg23

Reaction score
Hmmmm, this petition kind of makes seahawks fans look like babies.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Don't have an issue with Aikman, I think he does his best not to just talk about the Cowboys, he gives a lot of praise to Sherman and Wilson in the last game. So silly these petitions.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Fans of Super-Bowl-quality teams shouldn't care who's doing the broadcasting.

Maybe that's the problem right there - we're not on that level this year. At least, not yet.

Seafan

Reaction score
edogg23":i88k1ttd said:
Hmmmm, this petition kind of makes seahawks fans look like babies.

Worst. This stupid stunt is going to hurt the 12s.

We've had poorer announcing than that for most of our games.

canfan

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2qzyolsz said:
from broadcasts.

An online petition is calling for FOX Sports announcing team Joe Buck and Troy Aikman to be banned from calling future Seahawks games.
The petition, posted by Corey Bailey, had over 9,500 signatures as of Wednesday morning. It reads:
“The Seattle Seahawks 12th man are growing increasingly tired of the negative remarks that are consistently made against our team by Fox Sports commentators Troy Aikman & Joe Buck. As nationally televised games, we understand that the commentators need to be sensitive to both the fans of the home and away team. However, Aikman & Buck's comments heavily favor any and all of the Seahawks opponents. Their comments are incredibly critical and degrading. Not only do we respectfully request, the 12th Man DEMANDS that these two commentators be banned from calling any future Seahawks games.”

http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nfl/s ... /75147556/

I grow tired of their commentary from time to time myself, but this, this sounds like something a whiner fan would do.

Poor Buck..He didn't even do the last broadcast! And seriously, how could anybody watch the seahawks this year and not comment on the erratic performance of the offense? Especially a former QB like Aikman. But yeah, lets blame the commentators for the product on the field. Turn off the volume if you don't like it. Now that Pam Oliver isn't part of the #1 crew, I have no problem with anything these guys say.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Hopefully this isn't in response to last weeks game, since Buck wasn't even there. It's silly enough without adding that level of stupid to it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Aikman lives in the past. Buck was forever tarnished by Moss's moon over Packer nation.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Ridiculous. How sensitive are fans about sports commentary? "Incredibly critical and degrading?" Really? They felt "degraded" by criticisms of their team?

rideaducati

Reaction score
I thought it was funny how both Aikman and Brennaman seemed to be openly rooting for the Cowboys. They would only give praise to a Seahawk player when it was OBVIOUS that something good was done, but would praise the Cowboys players for doing nothing. It was nauseating and amusing at the same time.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2399fnf6 said:
I thought it was funny how both Aikman and Brennaman seemed to be openly rooting for the Cowboys. They would only give praise to a Seahawk player when it was OBVIOUS that something good was done, but would praise the Cowboys players for doing nothing. It was nauseating and amusing at the same time.

I think this is pretty much true. It was noticeable.

That being said, I wouldn't start some petition about it.

Vetamur

Reaction score
rideaducati":ruh3fdgi said:

Same hear.. at one point when Seattle got a field goal Aikman commented how it was awful to just get a field goal, that you need TDs to win games. Dallas then scored a field goal and Aikman talked about how wonderful it was that Dallas answered and got 3.... So, its horrible if Seattle settles for a FG but awesome if the Cowboys do it. Gotcha, Troy.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Joe and Troy consider any moment when they're not covering GB, NO, or the NFC East as a moment wasted, but they're not THAT biased against the Seahawks. They had quite a good time covering the SEA-SF matchup two years ago.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Barthawk":2wgpmlo0 said:
Tim Ryan, Mike Martz, and Dick Stockton were much worse.. Stockton couldn't pronounce Olindo Mare to save his life
Martz may be the worst color guy I've ever heard in 52 seasons of watching the NFL. Seriously.

A shame Dan Fouts works for CBS so we get very few of his games cuz I really like him (we had him for Cincy this year IIRC). Buck and Aikman suck but this petition is juvenile.