Seahawks fans petition to ban FOX's Buck, Aikman...

byau

Reaction score
heh

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TroyAikman/status/661974798310903808[/tweet]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Do these fans understand that banning Buck/Aikman would essentially ban the Seahawks from having any nationally televised afternoon games?

Someone needs to start a petition against this petition.

kpak76

Reaction score
I'm not surprised this happened. We live in one of the most liberal (communist) part of the country. People around here expected everything to be censored. People grow up feeling entitled and that their "feelings" are what matters to them the most. Logic and civil rights mean nothing to these people. Only thing important to these idiots is that their feelings don't get hurt.

/rant off

Aikmans response was classic.

blue 22

Reaction score
This is f'n stupid and lame. Bunch of baby back beyotchs IMO

taz291819

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3iv9ayd4 said:
Don't have an issue with Aikman, I think he does his best not to just talk about the Cowboys, he gives a lot of praise to Sherman and Wilson in the last game. So silly these petitions.

I agree, don't have a problem with Aikman. He's going to be a homer a little bit, but that's to be expected. He is no where near as bad as when they have Mike Martz call the Rams/Seahawks games.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Joe Buck is fine. Troy Aikmen just loves to talk about the Cowboys. I don't mind Buck, but Aikmen is annoying. However I don't care enough to actually sign a petition to get him removed. This is silly. Lets go back to making fun of Bevell and Wilson.

drdiags

Reaction score
Packers fan co-worker talked about how Packers fans don't like Buck and Aikman doing their games. I didn't see why. Sure they get high and mighty on things but they have replaced Madden and Summerall as the voice of big NFC games.

I wish some fans would grow a pair and cut out some of the melodrama but I guess it is like hearing someone criticize your child from the stands. Your natural reaction is to protect. This is sports, just put them on mute if they are that disturbing to you.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":2z8vfx9m said:
Ridiculous. How sensitive are fans about sports commentary? "Incredibly critical and degrading?" Really? They felt "degraded" by criticisms of their team?
What's really boggling my mind, is where the hell did this joker find 5,499 other snivelers to put their Sig. on that petty petition? :141847_bnono:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aikman says good things about the Hawks all the time. This petition is lame and just is one more thing that makes Seahawk fans look bad.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Petition is plain corny. I was much more annoyed by the 750 shots of "Cowboy greats" thru the game.
We get it already :roll:

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2unzezs8 said:
Aikman says good things about the Hawks all the time. This petition is lame and just is one more thing that makes Seahawk fans look bad.

Agree, Aikman I think goes out of his way not to sound like a Dallas homer(which must be hard as look at what he did there). Buck I think is one of the good ones.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I do think it's a little dicey having Aikman call a Cowboys game (or any former player who played all or a significant amount of their career with a team). That said, I don't have a problem with Buck and Aikman. Pretty sure we had a thread on this a year or two ago, but are there any broadcasters people don't hate? Seriously.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'll be honest, as a Seahawk fan, I find a lot of Hawk fans annoying. And this kind of backs it up. Like who cares. Is Joe Buck and Aikmen so bad that you have to create a petition? Mute your TV or turn on the radio and listen to the local broadcast.

IMO, I'd rather listen to Buck or Aikmen than homer Warren Moon.

And I have no problem if they were critical of the Hawks during the broadcast. We nearly lost to a bad football team that hasn't won a game in over a month.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kpak76":26iq3cur said:
I'm not surprised this happened. We live in one of the most liberal (communist) part of the country. People around here expected everything to be censored. People grow up feeling entitled and that their "feelings" are what matters to them the most. Logic and civil rights mean nothing to these people. Only thing important to these idiots is that their feelings don't get hurt.

/rant off

Aikmans response was classic.

Your criticisms of our geographical area, political leanings, and generational mindset are stereotypical, hurtful and insensitive. Many people would be emotionally scarred reading such words.

Mods, please delete kpak76's abusive post before it does any more damage.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I actually like Aikman quite a bit. I think he is pretty damned unbiased in fact. Especially when calling games with the Cowboys. Seems to me he is pretty straight up and tells it like it is and is pretty damn informative of our team from doing so many of our games over the past few seasons. I've never understood all the whining over this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3v91x3b7 said:
I'll be honest, as a Seahawk fan, I find a lot of Hawk fans annoying. And this kind of backs it up. Like who cares. Is Joe Buck and Aikmen so bad that you have to create a petition? Mute your TV or turn on the radio and listen to the local broadcast.

And I have no problem if they were critical of the Hawks during the broadcast. We nearly lost to a bad football team that hasn't won a game in over a month.

My thoughts exactly

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3v4r0oaf said:
Hawk-Lock":3v4r0oaf said:

My thoughts exactly

I've said it before, there's no fan base that annoys me more.

I actually really like Aikman's latest commercial about dwelling/not dwelling in the past. As for being a homer, I think he could be a lot worse.

marko358

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to deleting this thread in order for this embarrassing petition to get less coverage and exposure.