Seahawks fans petition to ban FOX's Buck, Aikman...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gkp4lm1 said:
hawknation2015":2gkp4lm1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2gkp4lm1 said:
DTexHawk":2gkp4lm1 said:
All teams have fans that are this way.

True, but apparently we're the only fan base delusional and entitled enough to create an idiotic petty petition.

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-ban-phil-s ... onco-games

Ha, leave it to the Broncos whiney fan base.

Funny, cause the Broncos also have a very young fan base, what with the city of Denver exploding right now with young techies. Wonder if there's a correlation between our Millennial fan bases and their spoiled attitude towards this stuff.

Every fan base has their 'likes' and 'dislikes' -- Mike Pereira is one of my dislikes.

The most successful teams also attract the most negativity, hordes of people who watch simply to see those teams fail. The broadcast team has to cater to those people as well.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't get the sense that Aikman is biased toward Dallas in his commentary. If anything, he overcompensates in the other direction. I feel he's never hesitated to criticize any part of that team pretty harshly, especially Romo's play.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wa3rfy4w said:
hawknation2015":wa3rfy4w said:
Sgt. Largent":wa3rfy4w said:
DTexHawk":wa3rfy4w said:
All teams have fans that are this way.

True, but apparently we're the only fan base delusional and entitled enough to create an idiotic petty petition.

https://www.change.org/p/cbs-ban-phil-s ... onco-games

Ha, leave it to the Broncos whiney fan base.

Funny, cause the Broncos also have a very young fan base, what with the city of Denver exploding right now with young techies. Wonder if there's a correlation between our Millennial fan bases and their spoiled attitude towards this stuff.

I want to add that I do think that Broncos' petition had an effect. They played the Seahawks right after that petition, and Phil Simms went out of his way to make that game totally unlistenable for Seahawks' fans, presumably to show that he can sound biased/critical of any team, or at least that was my impression.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
I hate to do this, but I agree with the petition. They were horribly in favor of everything pro Dallas. Of COURSE, the Lockette hit was legal. Of COURSE, the Hill fumble recovery wasn't a fumble. Of COURSE, Willson didn't get in. Aikman specifically I can go the rest of my life without hearing from again. If we got relegated to John Lynch every week I'd be fine with it.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
rideaducati":gb1ip9st said:
I like to turn on my SiriusXM radio broadcast of the opponent's radio broadcast and sync it up to the TV. If you want to hear homer broadcasts, listen to those. There is nothing better than listening to Eric Davis or Tim Ryan during a niner game vs the Seahawks. They can't give ANY credit to what the Seahawks do and seem dumbfounded by how bad the niners get beat. I always thought Tim Ryan was a niner fan, but I never thought he was an over-the-top, webzone type of niner fan until he became color commentator on niner broadcasts. I bet he HATED doing Seahawk games with Chris Meyers over the past few years when he was with FOX. I used to think he was pretty good until I heard him go full homer.

The color commentator in Arizona is a HUGE homer and is "disgusted" when Cardinal opponents do something that makes the Cards look bad. I find myself laughing pretty hard listening to that guy. EVERY good thing the Cardinal opponent does is "disgusting". Funny stuff. After the Cards lose their next game, go out of your way to find their radio broadcast and have a good laugh.

The Rams guys are used to losing so they're more reserved and seem genuinely surprised when the rams win. That is funny in itself. They sound like they're just waiting for the Rams to find a way to lose the game.
I love listening to the opponents broadcast on SiriusXM. It really shows you how "homer" they can be. And as you say - Funny Stuff.

Seattle is very lucky to have a guy like Steve Raible. He is very entertaining and very knowledgeable. The homer part in him is very very fan-like. The first time I heard him I immediately thought of Jon Miller. Before Jon Miller went to ESPN he did radio play-by-play for the Baltimore Orioles. He was more fan-like but very knowledgeable. It made listening to the game on the radio far better than watching it on TV.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MarylandHawk":1gskj9m0 said:
I hate to do this, but I agree with the petition. They were horribly in favor of everything pro Dallas. Of COURSE, the Lockette hit was legal. Of COURSE, the Hill fumble recovery wasn't a fumble. Of COURSE, Willson didn't get in. Aikman specifically I can go the rest of my life without hearing from again. If we got relegated to John Lynch every week I'd be fine with it.

No one blames you for not being an Aikman/Buck fan. Every fan has announcers they like or don't.

But taking it to the next step with a whiny, douchey entitled petition is ridiculous, and so Seattle.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawkpower":hh9zw170 said:
MarylandHawk":hh9zw170 said:

No one blames you for not being an Aikman/Buck fan. Every fan has announcers they like or don't.

But taking it to the next step with a whiny, douchey entitled petition is ridiculous, and so Seattle.

:th2thumbs:

peppersjap

Reaction score
Yes, all the referees hate us and now the broadcasters do too. I love the Seahawks but some time's I am embarrassed to be associated with our "NEW" fan base who somehow think winning in the NFL is an easy thing. We are 4-4 this year because the other teams beat us. We were dealt some questionable calls in the Super Bowl vs Pittsburgh and ever since then we blame the refs for everything. Our fan base can be very obnoxious like I saw this weekend in a Bar in Arlington when 1 fan walks into a Bar that is 90% Cowboy fans and starts into his "Sea" and waiting for the "Hawks". There really is a time and place and I know how annoyed I would be if a Cowboy fan walked into a Bar here and did that. The Seahawk chants at the game are awesome but do we really have to hear them on an airplane, or at a concert or at a Mariner game or any other function that has nothing to do with football. Loud at the stadium is awesome, loud in these other places is just obnoxious!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Any fan who signs something like this isn't a fanatic, they are a lunatic.

Blaze

Reaction score
Like alot of you on this board I've been a Seattle fan since the beginning of time and I laugh when I see/hear all the Anti-Seahawk media stuff, it makes me wanna be a Seahawk Fan that much more!!, but to go out and start a petition because your feelers are hurt a little bit, all I can say is speak for yourself. Somebody needs to take his/her Seahawk Card

jammerhawk

Reaction score
While I really dislike Buck and think Aikman's 'analysis' is often totally biased and frequently simply nonsense, yep I dislike him too, the petition is silly if the originators thought it would have any effect on Fox. It's a PR stunt at best.

djb28

Reaction score
I watch the games, I hear the voices coming out of my TV but I only hear what I want to. I practiced this technique over years with my girlfriend and apply it to most things in life.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Selective listening:

The old joke, "my wife says I don't listen to her, or something like that" .

Thing is, it's hard to ignore the constantly repeated negative commentary consistently coming from this crew.

Why they are regarded as Fox's best crew escapes me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All in all if the play by play is done w/o bias and the commentary is even, then it's all good. That said, I don't like Buck's voice and find it grating, and I always have thought Aikman is biased and his commentary not that insightful.

DyllPickle1

Reaction score
I never pay any attention to the commentators if they say something negative. Sometimes you just have to "Shake it off I shake it off I I " Sorry.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Let's keep on winning, that is the only thing that will not deviate everyone else of thinking about semantics. Commentary or not, we all have a choice to either listen or not to. Most of the time, I am so in the game that I don't listen to anything other than the play, if that.