Seahawks fans petition to ban FOX's Buck, Aikman...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This beyond pathetic. Not only that, it comes off as incredibly stupid, because as somebody mentioned before, Buck didn't even do the last game.

I only notice announcers when the Seahawks aren't playing. I'm usually so into the game that I don't really pay attention to what they're saying.

I wish there was an option to "not sign" this petition so the people who started it know people don't agree with them and should speak for the 12th man or 12s even though I don't consider myself one.

canfan

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1k1t64le said:
This beyond pathetic. Not only that, it comes off as incredibly stupid, because as somebody mentioned before, Buck didn't even do the last game.

I only notice announcers when the Seahawks aren't playing. I'm usually so into the game that I don't really pay attention to what they're saying.

:sarcasm_on: Obviously Buck did not show the proper respect for the Seahawks during his broadcast of the World Series. What a jerk! :sarcasm_off:

DTexHawk

Reaction score
canfan":6bsch81m said:
Seanhawk":6bsch81m said:

:sarcasm_on: Obviously Buck did not show the proper respect for the Seahawks during his broadcast of the World Series. What a jerk! :sarcasm_off:

Classic!

This obviously comes from a generation that got participation awards. They can't function unless everything about them is praised all the time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":36ixu9z9 said:
Joe and Troy consider any moment when they're not covering GB, NO, or the NFC East as a moment wasted, but they're not THAT biased against the Seahawks. They had quite a good time covering the SEA-SF matchup two years ago.

They call every game the same way. It's ironic because Packer fans did the same thing, and yet you perceive them to wax poetic about the Packers.

The crying about Buck/Aikman on Sunday is especially hilarious because it wasn't Joe Buck calling the game AND wtf do people expect Aikman to do when we are limping past a battered Cowboys team on National TV?

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":3by5uuj2 said:
Same hear.. at one point when Seattle got a field goal Aikman commented how it was awful to just get a field goal, that you need TDs to win games. Dallas then scored a field goal and Aikman talked about how wonderful it was that Dallas answered and got 3.... So, its horrible if Seattle settles for a FG but awesome if the Cowboys do it. Gotcha, Troy.

Just for arguments sake, shouldn't an offense with a top 5 QB be held to a higher standard than an offense with a back-up QB?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I have always hated Aikman calling Hawks games. It just seems that he points out every single ticky tack thing that "should have been a penalty" on the Seahawks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
austinslater25":15dqb26q said:
I agree that this is lame. I also agree that Buck and Aikman were terrible. Not sure why you would put Aikman on any Dallas game. I don't even blame him really, it would be tough to be impartial during a game. You have a ton of different guys, pick someone else.

This. I don't have a huge problem with Aikman calling Hawks games. But I honestly can't listen to him calling Hawks games against Dallas. It's just pathetic and transparent.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Highly embarrassing nonsense.

Buck & Aikman two of the best broadcasters in the business.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawks46":h50a593y said:
austinslater25":h50a593y said:
I agree that this is lame. I also agree that Buck and Aikman were terrible. Not sure why you would put Aikman on any Dallas game. I don't even blame him really, it would be tough to be impartial during a game. You have a ton of different guys, pick someone else.

This. I don't have a huge problem with Aikman calling Hawks games. But I honestly can't listen to him calling Hawks games against Dallas. It's just pathetic and transparent.

Insufferable even.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Even Chics get it.
eca93cfd1fe53ed5a24c60f8deccc55e.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
I don't love it but look at it this way... When we kick their asses, they'll be forced to say nice things even if it pains them and that balances the scales a bit for me. Can you imagine if Dilfer had to call that SEA @SF game this season? Would have been torture for him.

Regarding the petition... lame.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
How embarrassing. 9500 signatures? Really? I would have thought one thin skinned person would have tried and got laughed at immediately to shoot it down.

I PRAY that no .net members were not involved in this in any way.

"12's" are already mocked around the league....did we have to give more ammunition to the fire?

Wow. Just Wow.

kearly

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1erxv0se said:
Highly embarrassing nonsense.

Buck & Aikman two of the best broadcasters in the business.

Completely agree.

I think the Buck hate really just comes from his personality of near indifference, but he's the best 'big game' announcer in the NFL right now. Aikman is probably just average in terms of knowledge, but also brings intangible 'big game' atmosphere.

I laughed when somebody attempted to grade announcers and color guys a couple years ago. Granted, some color guys are sharper than others. There's a pretty steep difference in smarts between say, Chris Collinsworth and Dan Dierdorf. Some game announcers are a little more skilled than others as well. But for the most part, the #1 job of a broadcast booth team is to add atmosphere to the games, and the Buck-Aikman combo does as good a job of any in that role.

I also think Buck gets kind of a bum rap unfairly for his persona, but that's a different subject.

Exittium

Reaction score
I dont mind buck. Aikman can get under my skin. At which i just mute the tv and tune in to the radio. Or i tur. It dosn really low. This petition, is ridiculous and childish.

byau

Reaction score
Agree with most, this sounds like a lot of entitled whining.

And to be honest, I've never really had a lot of issues with commentating. Maybe because when I listen to basketball broadcasts on the local stations there is some really REALLY blatant homerism going on with some folks

The national broadcasts, really not so bad.

And that's something coming from a sensitive new age guy like me.

kf3339

Reaction score
This reminds me of that SF Niner fan who wrote that letter into a SF paper complaining about our fans being so loud at our home games and asking the league to tell us fans to be quiet so they could run their plays on offense.

It is the same type of whining fan that I hate. Grow a pair.