Seahawks fans petition to ban FOX's Buck, Aikman...

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Or how about a petition for 12's that want it to be known that they are not a part of this BS?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":ggrb7o4g said:
Hawk-Lock":ggrb7o4g said:
I'll be honest, as a Seahawk fan, I find a lot of Hawk fans annoying. And this kind of backs it up. Like who cares. Is Joe Buck and Aikmen so bad that you have to create a petition? Mute your TV or turn on the radio and listen to the local broadcast.

IMO, I'd rather listen to Buck or Aikmen than homer Warren Moon.

And I have no problem if they were critical of the Hawks during the broadcast. We nearly lost to a bad football team that hasn't won a game in over a month.

My thoughts exactly

Yep.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
All I can say is it could be worse....

We could be subjected to Collinsworth & Theismann!
:pukeface:

pmedic920

Reaction score
kearly":3ajrxyp1 said:
Completely agree.

I think the Buck hate really just comes from his personality of near indifference, but he's the best 'big game' announcer in the NFL right now. Aikman is probably just average in terms of knowledge, but also brings intangible 'big game' atmosphere.

I laughed when somebody attempted to grade announcers and color guys a couple years ago. Granted, some color guys are sharper than others. There's a pretty steep difference in smarts between say, Chris Collinsworth and Dan Dierdorf. Some game announcers are a little more skilled than others as well. But for the most part, the #1 job of a broadcast booth team is to add atmosphere to the games, and the Buck-Aikman combo does as good a job of any in that role.

I also think Buck gets kind of a bum rap unfairly for his persona, but that's a different subject.

After a little more thought.
I guess it really all depends on what each fan focuses on while watching a game. Some people really enjoy pure football analysis, some like to listen to a guy talk good about their team.
Kip, you are an X & O guy, I'm pretty much a cheerleader type fan. It makes perfect sense that you and I would like different types of announcers.

I still think this petition is stupid :{)

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Joe Buck is terrible . So is Mike Tirreco (espn) .

I like when announcers talk about the game we are watching . Who get excited over a crucial play and big hits .

I hate (and this seems like the direction most announcers are going in ) when they just continuously question the coaching or refs. Trying to create subtle storylines and make them more important then the game itself . This to me takes so much away from what the audience is watching . Joe Buck is the king at this.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I like to turn on my SiriusXM radio broadcast of the opponent's radio broadcast and sync it up to the TV. If you want to hear homer broadcasts, listen to those. There is nothing better than listening to Eric Davis or Tim Ryan during a niner game vs the Seahawks. They can't give ANY credit to what the Seahawks do and seem dumbfounded by how bad the niners get beat. I always thought Tim Ryan was a niner fan, but I never thought he was an over-the-top, webzone type of niner fan until he became color commentator on niner broadcasts. I bet he HATED doing Seahawk games with Chris Meyers over the past few years when he was with FOX. I used to think he was pretty good until I heard him go full homer.

The color commentator in Arizona is a HUGE homer and is "disgusted" when Cardinal opponents do something that makes the Cards look bad. I find myself laughing pretty hard listening to that guy. EVERY good thing the Cardinal opponent does is "disgusting". Funny stuff. After the Cards lose their next game, go out of your way to find their radio broadcast and have a good laugh.

The Rams guys are used to losing so they're more reserved and seem genuinely surprised when the rams win. That is funny in itself. They sound like they're just waiting for the Rams to find a way to lose the game.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":ahrg9h8i said:
Some Seattle fans can be ridiculously sensitive.

From what I've noticed, Hawk fans can get extremely defensive if anything negative is said about their team. Personally, I enjoy listening to the main stream media. And most everything they have said about us this year, has been true.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1bc9kjuo said:
I agree that this is lame. I also agree that Buck and Aikman were terrible. Not sure why you would put Aikman on any Dallas game. I don't even blame him really, it would be tough to be impartial during a game. You have a ton of different guys, pick someone else.
I hate to say it but this shows significant ignorance and bias from our fans. Joe Buck wasn't even in the booth last week. He was announcing the World Series. Thom Brennaman was with Aikman on Sunday.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":xtxisy3g said:
austinslater25":xtxisy3g said:
I agree that this is lame. I also agree that Buck and Aikman were terrible. Not sure why you would put Aikman on any Dallas game. I don't even blame him really, it would be tough to be impartial during a game. You have a ton of different guys, pick someone else.
I hate to say it but this shows significant ignorance and bias from our fans. Joe Buck wasn't even in the booth last week. He was announcing the World Series. Thom Brennaman was with Aikman on Sunday.
Now, that being said, the group I was with decided to sync the tv broadcast with the ESPN710 app on my phone and put it thru the surround sound. Steve Raible in surround was pretty fun.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rideaducati":mgdovoo1 said:
I like to turn on my SiriusXM radio broadcast of the opponent's radio broadcast and sync it up to the TV. If you want to hear homer broadcasts, listen to those. There is nothing better than listening to Eric Davis or Tim Ryan during a niner game vs the Seahawks. They can't give ANY credit to what the Seahawks do and seem dumbfounded by how bad the niners get beat. I always thought Tim Ryan was a niner fan, but I never thought he was an over-the-top, webzone type of niner fan until he became color commentator on niner broadcasts. I bet he HATED doing Seahawk games with Chris Meyers over the past few years when he was with FOX. I used to think he was pretty good until I heard him go full homer.

The color commentator in Arizona is a HUGE homer and is "disgusted" when Cardinal opponents do something that makes the Cards look bad. I find myself laughing pretty hard listening to that guy. EVERY good thing the Cardinal opponent does is "disgusting". Funny stuff. After the Cards lose their next game, go out of your way to find their radio broadcast and have a good laugh.

The Rams guys are used to losing so they're more reserved and seem genuinely surprised when the rams win. That is funny in itself. They sound like they're just waiting for the Rams to find a way to lose the game.

Haha that's Ron Wolfley, does morning sports radio here in AZ as well.

He's actually really good at breaking down plays, and he's fun to listen to, but yeah he can be a huge homer at times.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Joe Buck isn't my favorite play by play caller but I don't think he's biased or have anything against the Seahawks. Matter of fact, I like Aikman's color commentary. I don't think he hates all the teams that play his former Cowboys.

Why Hawks fans started this petition is beyond me. If they're mad cause Aikman or Buck said the Hawks aren't playing well as previously did, they arent wrong.

These "angry" fans that signed that petition should be embarrassed, if these fans are upset, they should be upset at our team not Aikman or Buck.

SMH. Get over yourself!

Smellyman

Reaction score
Buck is just so smarmy with a punchable face.

Aikman is fine

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Man, I hope we win forever...but when reality steps in and we fall back a bit, a "thinning of the herd" in regard to some of our fan base will be a silver lining.

Guarantee you that nobody who signed that petition knows of John L Williams or Jacob Green. This has facebook 12 written all over it.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Meh, I guess I'm more interested in watching the game to give a toss about who is calling it. And if I do notice one-sided announcing, it always makes it more fun when our team makes them eat crow.