Seahawks no. 1 overall in DVOA, top 10 Offense and Defense

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3iszancb said:
NYCoug":3iszancb said:
Wait, why can't people think Bevell is trash and still enjoy the success the Seahawks have had lately? Even Patriots fans have guys on their side that they irrationally sports hate. Sports hate is great, because it doesn't actually matter. I'd rather take my anger out on Darrell Bevell than my future mother-in-law. So long as you don't meet the dude in the parking lot with a shank, it's all good.

Equally, what is wrong with people who don't require any 'hate' in their life calling out those needy few who want to create negativity to fill a void rather than taking it out on the mother in law?

I like my mother-in-law

Largent80

Reaction score
Bevell hates everyone's mother in law, so evidently it's ok to hate him for that as well.

nash72

Reaction score
Lol. Why is it that people are labeled as trying to fill a void in their lives if they cant stand Bevell or anybody else in sports for that matter?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
nash72":1aiy1h73 said:
Lol. Why is it that people are labeled as trying to fill a void in their lives if they cant stand Bevell or anybody else in sports for that matter?

Because that is what was asserted by the person I was responding to.

He essentially said: 'Why can't we trash Bevell if it helps us avoid taking anger out at the mother in law instead?'

I appreciate this doesn't account for everyone who wishes to hammer Bevell on this forum. Some of you are just wholly unrealistic instead (eg the guy who said he'd stop trashing DB when the offense is consistently scoring +40 a game).

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3n6dbsny said:
nash72":3n6dbsny said:

Because that is what was asserted by the person I was responding to.

He essentially said: 'Why can't we trash Bevell if it helps us avoid taking anger out at the mother in law instead?'

I appreciate this doesn't account for everyone who wishes to hammer Bevell on this forum. Some of you are just wholly unrealistic instead (eg the guy who said he'd stop trashing DB when the offense is consistently scoring +40 a game).

The challenge with this topic is the amount of hyperbole thrown around that masquerades as fact about Bevell's poor performance. I glad you're willing to defend the middle ground of realism even if you risk being falsely called a Bevell lover.

hawk45

Reaction score
I hate bevell in the red zone sometimes and on his 2nd and long play actions, but this year he has stayed with a quicker passing game during the early season OL shitshow and that was my major gripe against him in years past. That it took him 8 games to understand the need.
Pete and cable almost certainly had a hand in that also, being reluctant to swerve from their formula as long as Lynch was around.
In past years during the early season OL swoon we'd be lucky if Russ could mount a single decent drive a game when it mattered. I used to joke when we had a drive in the first half that that was all we'd get, and more often than not it'd hold true even against questionable defenses.
This year has been different to me. We are scoring a decent amount when Russ is mobile enough to make up for the typical sub par protection.
To my eyes bevell and the O are just fine when the OL gets its act together.