Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson trains with Drew Brees:

Tokadub

Reaction score
John63":1wqosuub said:
seabowl":1wqosuub said:
It’s good to see but not earth shattering stuff as he releases the ball while the receiver is still in view. Cool but tougher on the receiver than the qb.

Hmm so throwing the ball 40-50 yards cross field over a tent were u can't see the wr for most of it, to a spot a few yard by a few yards in a way that is catchable for the wr is no big deal. Lol I am sure if it was another QB you would be singing a different tune.

I gotta agree with the OP, that's not very impressive. I could make that throw not even trolling... it's very simple.

You can literally see the yard lines in the VIDEO? It's 25 yards to the goal line... so don't have to be an Einstein it's like 38 yards or something probably where he caught it...

If you really want a more accurate demonstration of Russell Wilson's skills look how he DESTROYED the 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson... It took me a few minutes to look this one up... I thought Lamar won Rookie of the year... no... he was the FRICKING MVP?!!!!

And Wilson cleanly, clearly, and simply outclasses him in all manners that can be perceived by human eyeballs.

[youtube]d2FQUrPhJDo[/youtube]

Lamar Jackson scored 2... Wilson scored 19?

[youtube]GVnXtfB6xlA[/youtube]

Andrew Luck scored 5 compared to Wilson's 19 in this one...?

[youtube]FnBQ3DZ12JE[/youtube]

Lamar Jackson scored 12 Wilson scored 16 in this one...

So I'm not saying Wilson can't throw but give it some context, he can throw better than MVPs... or prospects that were projected to out perform him... but throwing over a tent is simple.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1sdon07n said:
Flyingsquad23":1sdon07n said:
Rat":1sdon07n said:
Two MVP-less, one-hit wonders.
And yet both more relevant than you...how miserable are you that you feel the need to hate on two of the more admirable players in NFL history. Sad. Maybe if they sexually assaulted people and covered it up like Ohio st you would be impressed.

Why do u get personal to Rat over two players you don't even know? You have talked with him more then them. Do i agree with rat? No. However it is 1 mvp only.

How is insulting Ohio State getting personal?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Most good QBs can throw to a spot. Throwing to a spot while anticipating a receiver’s speed/pace is impressive and something only the top 5 QBs in the league can do consistently. Let alone on the first try. If this was Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady the comments would be different. I remember people gushing years ago when Rodgers threw a pass into a bucket.

Shanegotyou11":1cjc3z98 said:
Flyingsquad23":1cjc3z98 said:
Rat":1cjc3z98 said:
And yet both more relevant than you...how miserable are you that you feel the need to hate on two of the more admirable players in NFL history. Sad. Maybe if they sexually assaulted people and covered it up like Ohio st you would be impressed.

Why do u get personal to Rat over two players you don't even know? You have talked with him more then them. Do i agree with rat? No. However it is 1 mvp only.

Actually, the better question is why are you all so comfortable with these nasty comments towards athletes? Especially athletes great at their craft?

You all get a LOT more worked up when people DEFEND players on here. I could literally say something offensive about Wilson’s daughter and it feels like most of you are more concerned with people defending athletes. I knew the culture of this board had truly hit bottom when people started attacking Ciara.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2a4t9iyo said:
Most good QBs can throw to a spot. Throwing to a spot while anticipating a receiver’s speed/pace is impressive and something only the top 5 QBs in the league can do consistently. Let alone on the first try. If this was Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady the comments would be different. I remember people gushing years ago when Rodgers threw a pass into a bucket.

Shanegotyou11":2a4t9iyo said:
Flyingsquad23":2a4t9iyo said:
Rat":2a4t9iyo said:

Actually, the better question is why are you all so comfortable with these nasty comments towards athletes? Especially athletes great at their craft?

You all get a LOT more worked up when people DEFEND players on here. I could literally say something offensive about Wilson’s daughter and it feels like most of you are more concerned with people defending athletes. I knew the culture of this board had truly hit bottom when people started attacking Ciara.

BINGO great post

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Can't hurt to work with Brees and get some tips. On the subject of Russ training. I saw something on his IG feed that looked he changed trainers this off-season.

toffee

Reaction score
Will Bree come out of retirement now that he has trained and motivated by Russ?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":2leodh1k said:

Only if he's also drinking plenty of Bubble Water.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2c4lncvm said:
toffee":2c4lncvm said:

Plenty of teams can benefit from having Bree as QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
Now I want him to show Russell how to throw over a 7FT high barrier to WR'S in crossing patterns.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":3iltkd5v said:
Sgt. Largent":3iltkd5v said:
toffee":3iltkd5v said:

Plenty of teams can benefit from having Bree as QB.

Only thing standing in the way is the little minor thing about Brees being officially retired, a year left on his NO contract that'd have to be worked out with the Saints and the fact that he just signed a contract with NBC as an analyst.

But yeah, other than all these things, totally plausible.

flv

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1d2cy2td said:
Why is Russ wearing a sports bra? :shock:
There's a shortage of bubble-wrap...and O-Linemen.

:hides:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1sgu1rqd said:
Now I want him to show Russell how to throw over a 7FT high barrier to WR'S in crossing patterns.
:lol: :irishdrinkers:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2fy5139h said:
:lol: :irishdrinkers:

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":21dje11x said:
Throw over is easy for a QB like Russ, working out the timing and trust to throw before the WR made that move may be more challenging.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
toffee":1tbhyzgz said:
chris98251":1tbhyzgz said:
Throw over is easy for a QB like Russ, working out the timing and trust to throw before the WR made that move may be more challenging.

He might be helping Russ read the Defense taking what the D will give you going through the proper reads Calling protection from the line maybe even a little pump fake looking off the number one target . I think this is exactly what Russ needs he's always looking at ways to get better Why not learn from the best instead of someone that has never been a starting QB in the league.