Seahawks re-sign Rubin

Ozzy

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1tyfbth3 said:
Rubin is good but not great. For a 3T, he didn't provide much push or pass rush up the middle. Seahawks need to find a guy that provides a consistent interior pressure - Rubin isn't that. Nonetheless, he's a good guy to have in rotation.
They don't need him to generate a pass rush. He plugs a gap and stops the run which allows the other guys to be more creative. It's a cheaper way to generate pressure. Clark and Hill will need to step up and I think the staff is confident they will.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Good move, now let's see if Mebane gets the type of money he thinks he can get or if he comes back on the cheap.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Biggest no-brainer move of this FA period. I doubt it'll be more than 4 million APY though otherwise it'd be a bit of an overpay.

Gametime

Reaction score
Rubin was one of the guys that you don't typically notice because he is the anchor allowing other guys to make the flashy play. Without that anchor at the 3 tech it can throw off the entire DL scheme and affect the LB ability to play free and close the windows that open.

GREAT signing. Blue collar work horse. Gotta have it. I would love to see Mebane but in a more rotational role. Keep that man fresh and ready to bring the inside pressure.

1 down and ?? to go. :) :thirishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm happy with this re-signing 'Tuba' Rubin is a solid ,hustling interior DLineman. The Hawks will have offered hm a fair deal.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I hope they get Bane and Lane done somehow too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/707187432719032320[/tweet]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Nice, I like this move. Front-loading kind of points towards a relatively quiet FA period, which I'm cool with.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
3 year $12 million is great value for Rubin. Although his $6 million cap hit in 2016 pretty much confirms we're not going after a lot of outside FAs. It seems like the tactic will be to keep as many of our FAs as we can, spend some money on key positions if things don't work out with our own FAs (for example if Mebane doesn't sign we'll probably get an outside vet FA for a few million) and load up the rest through the draft.

sutz

Reaction score
Overseasfan":cqucrmr7 said:
3 year $12 million is great value for Rubin. Although his $6 million cap hit in 2016 pretty much confirms we're not going after a lot of outside FAs. It seems like the tactic will be to keep as many of our FAs as we can, spend some money on key positions if things don't work out with our own FAs (for example if Mebane doesn't sign we'll probably get an outside vet FA for a few million) and load up the rest through the draft.
Saying he gets $6 mill doesn't mean that is his cap hit. ;)

McGruff

Reaction score
LolaRox":2b8s07pr said:

Guessing the bonus is around 3 million, and the first year hit is around 3 million.

sutz

Reaction score
McGruff":ynw55j52 said:
LolaRox":ynw55j52 said:

Guessing the bonus is around 3 million, and the first year hit is around 3 million.
I'm thinking $3-4 mill at most. Sounds like a good deal.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Good news, but I'm just gonna hold off on celebrating too hard. Rubin is good for us, but he isn't really a difference maker.