Seahawks sign Dion Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Nash72 --

Yeah, agreed about LT (both tackles, really), but who were these FA tackles who weren't going to command long-term money? If you're thinking about Whitworth that's who I'm thinking of too and I can see the argument for it, but even he got a monster deal three year deal (which could be a two year 23 mil deal with only 2 mil in dead money) and he's already 35. I can DEFINITELY see the argument for him though.

In any case, it's all this context which is why I think the Hawks are talking about putting Luke Joeckel at LT even though he already massively flamed out there on a bad Jags o-line (even before shredding up his knee really badly last year), and Ifedi at RT even though he looked overwhelmed at RG last year.

I just think at that position group the Hawks found themselves at a pretty nasty place this off-season, without a clear path out.

As for the line more generally, yeah, I don't want to discount how bad it is overall. It is bad for sure. I just think those bad players also found themselves in a situation that made them somehow look even worse. They're totally whiffing on blocks because they're bad players, but they're also giving up sacks b/c of how Wilson plays, and some runs are also getting blown up because the Hawks had young and undesired (at least in terms of when they were drafted) players who were hitting the wrong holes or not really between the tackle runners to begin with (Prossise).

vin.couve12

Reaction score
One thing about Wilson and sacks last year is that the line calls were 100% on him, it was the first year he was responsible for it, and he was learning on the fly. Obviously, he screwed up with said calls quite a bit, but it got better throughout the season. I would expect that he's going to really get that nailed down and continuity is really going to be key along the OL. We need to be done with starting competition by week 2 of the PS so RW and the OL can really start to gel. We've made the same mistakes the past two years playing ring around the rosie with guys trying to play together like they barely know each other's names.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
nash72":2svu3ug4 said:
With a line as bad as ours, its almost a crime that we have left over cap money.

Please point us in the direction of where all these stud FA OL are sitting. Go on.. we'll wait.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mikeak":amjt3uaw said:
Did you guys see this thread linked below? it is a really cool thread discussing the O-line........... having a hard time to see how Dion Jordan is related to Russell Wilson's sack total.......

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136518

IN B4 TOM CABLE GONNA TURN HIM INTO A TACKLE JOKE

Popeyejones

Reaction score
semiahmoo":34n1vkbu said:
Stop picking on the Hawks' O-Line.
These guys are READY...

66fa76ac3fc78186176ce0a1569fcf95

That takes considerable more teamwork and collaborative ability than the Hawks line was able to show last year.

Decent? ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
mikeak":m8hr3o50 said:
CAN WE STICK TO DISCUSSING DION JORDAN?

Dion Jordan is unfortunately not strong enough to break his plastic piss cups and get his drug violations thrown out.

Too bad the Hawks are trying to move Sherman cuz he really coulda taught Jordan something.

Better? ;)

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":edlzxqmd said:
semiahmoo":edlzxqmd said:
Stop picking on the Hawks' O-Line.
These guys are READY...

66fa76ac3fc78186176ce0a1569fcf95

That takes considerable more teamwork and collaborative ability than the Hawks line was able to show last year.

Decent? ;)

YES! :lol: :lol:

mikeak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2vs39a21 said:
mikeak":2vs39a21 said:
CAN WE STICK TO DISCUSSING DION JORDAN?

Dion Jordan is unfortunately not strong enough to break his plastic piss cups and get his drug violations thrown out.

Too bad the Hawks are trying to move Sherman cuz he really coulda taught Jordan something.

Better? ;)

You might be on to something. Per his combine results: http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=10118
he didn't bench press due to shoulder injury. Maybe it affected him during the piss test.........

or it is an intelligence thing :)

nash72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1w96syva said:
nash72":1w96syva said:
With a line as bad as ours, its almost a crime that we have left over cap money.

Please point us in the direction of where all these stud FA OL are sitting. Go on.. we'll wait.

Hey man, I know what your saying but come on. Whitworth was the ideal signing but like Popeye said he's 35 (who cares though). Nsekhe or Kalil would have been nice. Hell, Okung would have been way better than what we have. You have to sign somebody thats better than a bum like Jokel though. Wilson's going to get killed.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
nash72":knime30p said:
Hasselbeck":knime30p said:
nash72":knime30p said:

Hey man, I know what your saying but come on. Whitworth was the ideal signing but like Popeye said he's 35 (who cares though). Nsekhe or Kalil would have been nice. Hell, Okung would have been way better than what we have. You have to sign somebody thats better than a bum like Jokel though. Wilson's going to get killed.

Wilson can't hold up to another season of pummeling like last year, slimmed down/faster version or not.

The residual accumulation of all those injuries/sacks/thumps will take its toll.

I'd hate to see that happen.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":99axhgwy said:
nash72":99axhgwy said:
Hasselbeck":99axhgwy said:
nash72":99axhgwy said:

Wilson can't hold up to another season of pummeling like last year, slimmed down/faster version or not.

The residual accumulation of all those injuries/sacks/thumps will take its toll.

I'd hate to see that happen.
MMXXpQY.gif

chris98251

Reaction score
This thread has gone off topic and attempts to turn it back to Jordon have failed, so since there is no more discussion about Jordon it is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.