Seahawks State of the Franchise 2022

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m not going to mention certain players that played in a Seahawks uniform last season.

The events with them are over and done with.

2022 draft is done.

Absolutely, love what the front office did!

Waiting for DK to sign an extension!

And I will say for myself, DK, has the potential to be a Seahawks All-Time Great!

If DK keeps working and doesn’t believe he is bigger than the team and doesn’t become a diva (if he isn’t one already), he will be LOVED by fans his entire career.

And, I gotta say, whoever the Game 1 starting QB is, I don’t care! I can’t wait!

I’m fired up for this season!

Keep it positive!

Let‘s go!!!!!!!

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I second your motion!

Wait a minute, that's different political process I think.

Anyway, I love the enthusiasm.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Myself,
I'm starting to realize I am having more excitement than I have had in a long time. Huge Russ fan, with that said I think I have always realized where he struggled with what the team wanted to do. Most of you want to believe we are rebuilding. I do not think that needs to happen; I will call it a retool. I hope Denver loses their ass and we can get our future QB with their pick, not ours as we make the playoffs, and then I want Russ to become one of the best there was! I have been here since the beginning with this team, watched so much dysfunction. Then Pete and John came along, I believe they can do it again. We shall see, just an almost old man's option. Excited about a new direction and where we might go.

PS: love the draft

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not excited, but have low to no expectations so if they lose on a regular basis, it wont sting at all.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic for the future with tempered expectations for wins in the next two years.

Coming out of the draft there appears to be a commitment to building a roster that will support Pete’s core philosophy with (hopefully) a modernization via greater autonomy of the coordinators / assistant HC.

Should be fun to watch the team grow the next two seasons as this draft class and next round into form.

Year three should feature a team ready to be truly competitive assuming they can find a rookie QB year two or acquire a veteran year three.

TwilightError

Reaction score
The Seahawks offense has two new high draftees as tackles and a brand new shiny toy at running back. After one season, if all those three pan out, it will be such a great setup for a rookie QB to come in and immediately be positioned for success. Especially as the veteran receivers and Tight Ends are top players too.

Getting the right rookie QB is the big question mark. Right now there seem to be 2-4 really solid prospects coming up for 2023 draft but there are so many QB-needy teams that the task of landing one will not be simple. Lions, Panthers, Texans, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Commanders, Colts... All are likely to be in the hunt for a rookie QB soon. Pete Carroll will not tank so there will not be organically a top 3 pick for the Hawks. And the teams that will end up with top 3 picks will most likely be teams looking for a QB. Next season will likely not be a huge success for Hawks so there might be a pick around the top 10 coming. And Hawks have another 1st rounder and two seconds next year, so there is ammunition to trade up. But there will be a lot of competition for that too. It's not going to be as simple as "just grab a guy and roll the dice", unless Schneider believes he can find another RW later in the draft, which sounds too arrogant to be a possibility. Getting a top QB in next years draft is not something which will be just automatically possible. It might even be just simply out of reach. That would put the team in a very difficult position.

Really interesting to see how they will play this thing. I certainly will be following the college QB:s closely and reading good evaluators such as seahawksdraftblog.com constantly throughout the year. And hoping our FO finds a way to land the guy they like most in 2023 draft.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Myself,
I'm starting to realize I am having more excitement than I have had in a long time. Huge Russ fan, with that said I think I have always realized where he struggled with what the team wanted to do. Most of you want to believe we are rebuilding. I do not think that needs to happen; I will call it a retool. I hope Denver loses their ass and we can get our future QB with their pick, not ours as we make the playoffs, and then I want Russ to become one of the best there was! I have been here since the beginning with this team, watched so much dysfunction. Then Pete and John came along, I believe they can do it again. We shall see, just an almost old man's option. Excited about a new direction and where we might go.

PS: love the draft

Until you find you next franchise QB, you are rebuilding. Retooling was what we tried in 2017-2021. Didn't work. So now we are back to rebuilding. The build is never complete until you find that guy behind centre that can be a difference maker.

I accept that non-mobile Russ wasn't playing at the highest level but he was still a difference maker when healthy. I don't believe any QB on the current roster is that guy. I wish that the Hawks would have traded Russ next year heading into a good QB draft. But if this years picks turn into special players I'll live with one less year of Russ.

Anyways I'm not so excited about this year but I am excited about next year if we can draft a QB that has above average talent.

NY Hawk

Reaction score
This is a rebuild. I said this was going to happen last year and a lot didn't agree..but it's all good. I think it's going to take a couple of seasons and that's fine with me. I have seen it all when it comes to this team that I love. I waited from 78 to 2013 so I'm built for this.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Whatever you want to call it, I like the path that the team is on. Solid draft this year. Really interested to see how our young CBs develop. And I like the infusion of youth on the defense. Letting Dunlap, Mayowa, Hyder, Nkemdiche, and Green go in favor of Nwosu, Shelby Harris, Quinton Jefferson, Tyreke Smith and Boye Mafe are huge steps in the right direction.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had a good run at the start.

Disappointing the past several years but always had a chance against any opponent except maybe last year.

Open to things getting better but not expecting it, and frankly - figure it will be a while before we matter again.

I don't think we will be terrible but it will probably be a # of years of treading water.

Chawker

Reaction score
We'll see some good things happening this year, but like a high horse powered race engine we have to getter tuned up.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
As long as Carroll is still the coach, I have no confidence this team will ever get over the hump again.
Pitt, you may as well give or be accepting of PC and JS for this year or at least until Carroll’s deal is done.

it’s not like you have, or we have, a say in the matter.

For what it’s worth, I also like to think Wilson handcuffed this team from reaching the Super Bowl again.

As much as Wilson may have been beloved by this fanbase, Wilson, needed so many offensive coordinators and doesn’t know how to play any other ways besides throw deep.

Carroll this entire time, probably was attempting to minimize Wilson’s faults and play to his strengths.

And I’m sure he’s trying to do the same with Lock while rebuilding a functional team that can actually play well.

Remember, there is nothing you can do about whether or not you want Carroll here. You may as well, enjoy the ride, and see what happens.

John63

Reaction score
Pitt, you may as well give or be accepting of PC and JS for this year or at least until Carroll’s deal is done.

For what it’s worth, I also like to think Wilson handcuffed this team from reaching the Super Bowl again.

As much as Wilson may have been beloved by this fanbase, Wilson, needed so many offensive coordinators and doesn’t know how to play any other ways besides throw deep.

Carroll this entire time, probably was attempting to minimize Wilson’s faults and play to his strengths.

And I’m sure he’s trying to do the same with Lock while rebuilding a functional team that can actually play well.

Remember, there is nothing you can do about whether or not you want Carroll here. You may as well, enjoy the ride, and see what happens.

Now back to reality

Throwdown

Reaction score
Teams gonna finally have a dog mentality again, I can see it in the rookies they’ve brought in. If they’re bought in idk about playoffs but we’re gonna beat the brakes off some poor playoff team this season and probably be better than some on here are expecting.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

I have accepted Carroll being here and thats why i've accepted the team will never do anything until his tenure is up.

Unlike you, I feel Carroll is and has been the problem and not Wilson. Wilson was good enough to overcome Carrolls meddling for years and now hes gone. I've said it forever that it doesnt matter how many or who the coordinators are, they dont matter as long as Pete is calling the shots because hes always going to trump whatever they are trying to do at some point in the season. He always has and always will. Lock is a turnover machine and you are going to see some of the most stagnant offense you have ever seen this season as Carroll neuters the offense into the usual 'Pete Ball' model. The 3 and outs arent going anywhere.

eo620

Reaction score
I am actually worried about DK and Tyler. I hope whoever the QB is they can get the ball to them enough to keep them happy; especially in a run first offense. Now we have a running team with a QB that potentially can't reach or hit his receivers. Their strengths have been the deep ball. Can Drew/Geno handle that? Especially DK, as his numbers go down, his contract $ will go down. If his QB's suck, at one point does he (or both)" say, I want to go someplace with a decent QB and get paid" At that point, we risk losing DK as a free agent and get nothing in return. Maybe it would have been better to trade with the NYJ?

Man, I hope I'm wrong.