Seahawks Throwbacks Revealed!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Never cared for the uniform change during the Hasselbeck era.

Loved the Largent era ORIGINALS!

This current era unis are good but the originals are the GOLD STANDARD!

Going to be great to see these throwbacks this season!

KinesProf

Reaction score
Close to perfection. A top 5 jersey in the league.

Some things were beyond their control - the collar stripe not wrapping all the way around, the size and location of the helmet logo, perhaps the slight difference in font. But they still look great, even if exact replicas were not entirely possible.

IMO these should be the new permanents if you go with the updated logo instead of the lethargic hawk.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Speaking of throwbacks, here’s a picture I took at training camp back in the day. EWU. I miss those training camps.
IMG 2289

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Close to perfection. A top 5 jersey in the league.

Some things were beyond their control - the collar stripe not wrapping all the way around, the size and location of the helmet logo, perhaps the slight difference in font. But they still look great, even if exact replicas were not entirely possible.

IMO these should be the new permanents if you go with the updated logo instead of the lethargic hawk.

Collar stripe appears to me to go all the way around...Check out the BWags image. I actually think the Seahawks logo is the same size...It's the modern helmet that makes it look different IMO. I am still one of the original diehards that still loves our current uniforms, however I would love to see the silver helmets again. I would alternate the current blue helmet with silver, and play in these retros at least 3 times a year.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Smaller, and not as far forward on the helmet.

The positioning is indeed due to the larger, modern helmet but I really do believe the actual logo itself is the same size it always was. I think we are being tricked by the different/larger helmets and camera angles.

906ccbdbe0293512c40 20230531 THROWBACK PLAYERS 172

230716 THROWBACK PRO SHOP INFLUENCERS SASKIAP 2630

Capture

Crizilla

Reaction score
Glad they put the logo on the side of the sleeve. Looks great. Also glad they brought back sea gals. The fact "sea gals" is offensive is today's world makes me cringe and cry at the same time.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Oh I see what you mean now, in the front where the NFL shield is.
The ones being sold do appear to have the proper collar though. But the current Nike gameday template doesn't allow for the wraparound apparently.

Geno's 7 appears to be different than the previous - not better or worse, just different.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Whatever happened to this? If I remember everyone hated it immediately and then I don't ever remember seeing it again

Attachments

• seahawks-new-logo-twitter-09-06-17.png
    seahawks-new-logo-twitter-09-06-17.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 0

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Something looks "off".

Don't get me wrong , I'm happy and thankful. This should've happened years ago but what's different? Is it the style of jersey VS. what they wore pre 2000?
It's the logo.. it's not forward enough..it's like shy.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I may be an outlier on this but I’m disappointed.

I was hoping for the newer version the Hawk.

Colors are great but the design is lacking IMO.

Overall I give a thumbs up but I’m not stoked like some.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Perfection. This needs to be our permanent uniform from now on. Our alternates can be what we've worn the last 10 years.
I’d be smashing the “dislike” button if we had one.

I like our currents too much, plus those originals were not very successful (few bad memories).