Seahawks Throwbacks Revealed!

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they will offer the custom jersey option on these throwbacks? They went live in the Pro Shop today but only player jerseys… I was/am hopeful we can get these as a custom!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here’s something cool if you haven’t clicked on .com.

They are even using throwback graphics and the old dial up connection tone.

Attachments

• IMG_1608.png
    IMG_1608.png
    410.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1609.png
    IMG_1609.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1610.png
    IMG_1610.png
    465 KB · Views: 9

Aircrew

Reaction score
I’d be smashing the “dislike” button if we had one.

I like our currents too much, plus those originals were not very successful (few bad memories).
I can't blame you for that opinion, on a level it makes sense. I just have such fond memories of that era of football in the northwest and the personalities we had on those teams. Just imagine shaking the past with a strong run and rewriting that history in our own way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just wish the royal blue was a touch deeper like they were in the 90s, and of course the larger sleeve Hawk, but again, knowing they had to make concessions since modern jerseys don't have those big sleeves. As for the Seahawk logo on the helmet being "shy" (i.e. not forward enough) that's due to the differently shaped helmets in the modern era. Back in the day the helmets were pretty round and smooth with no protrusions. I'm convinced the logo is the same size as it always was.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I just wish the royal blue was a touch deeper like they were in the 90s, and of course the larger sleeve Hawk, but again, knowing they had to make concessions since modern jerseys don't have those big sleeves. As for the Seahawk logo on the helmet being "shy" (i.e. not forward enough) that's due to the differently shaped helmets in the modern era. Back in the day the helmets were pretty round and smooth with no protrusions. I'm convinced the logo is the same size as it always was.
Aros, you've had some of the best avatars going back a long time on .net, however, this one is the best.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they will offer the custom jersey option on these throwbacks? They went live in the Pro Shop today but only player jerseys… I was/am hopeful we can get these as a custom!

Highly likely. I would keep checking back every week or so...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Glad they put the logo on the side of the sleeve. Looks great. Also glad they brought back sea gals. The fact "sea gals" is offensive is today's world makes me cringe and cry at the same time.
Only a SNOWFLAKE would be offended by an innocent term geez.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I can't blame you for that opinion, on a level it makes sense. I just have such fond memories of that era of football in the northwest and the personalities we had on those teams. Just imagine shaking the past with a strong run and rewriting that history in our own way.
Yes.

Could you imagine kicking the hell out of the NFL in these bad boys ?

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Yes, and let's not forget how good the Seahawks teams of 1983 and 1984 were. The magical 1983 season, and then the wildcard and divisional-round playoff games against the Broncos and Dolphins, are some of my favorite memories as a Seahawks fan.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Just bought me and my lady matching 12's, can't wait, these are so f'ing fire!!!!

cymatica

Reaction score
Something looks "off".

Don't get me wrong , I'm happy and thankful. This should've happened years ago but what's different? Is it the style of jersey VS. what they wore pre 2000?
Blue and green are slightly different, but I think it's better. They essentially streamlined the classic look and it actually worked. These are what should have been in the 2000s

Now if only they elected for the wolf grey over the action green.

chris98251

Reaction score
I’d be smashing the “dislike” button if we had one.

I like our currents too much, plus those originals were not very successful (few bad memories).
Don't know what your talking about, we were until last expansion the most successful expansion team ever, we just got moved into the AFC West which was a Juggernaut of a division back then only rivaled by the AFC Central. We still managed to have our share of success there.

Fade

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Totally happy but it does look like they made some concessions. First off, the sleeve hawk is smaller and that is because the modern jersey doesn't have sleeves. Also, the blue seems a shade lighter than I remember. Even still I am thrilled to see the nod to yesteryear and can't wait to see them on TV!

View attachment 59812
That deeper blue looks so good as it makes the silver and green pop.

It was a downgrade to make it lighter, now it kinda matches the Rams Blue.

They still overall look really good, and should become their permanent uniforms, quibble aside.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh. You just had to say it. Rams Blue.

barf GIF