Seahawks Trade for Eagles Tackle Tobin

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2zer7u1y said:
I get the whole need thing, but how can this guy be better than Obi or Pocic at tackle? He has not even played tackle in the NFL nearest I can tell just guard. We have enough guards already. Welcome to the grand giveaway..... :roll:

Tobin's a tackle first, and can play guard as well.

Don't read too much into this trade, it's just for depth. Dude's not a starter, but we need bodies with Fant out and Justin Senior being waved.

Two lineman gone, and two more signed. End of story.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":w5igre9u said:
Seymour":w5igre9u said:
I get the whole need thing, but how can this guy be better than Obi or Pocic at tackle? He has not even played tackle in the NFL nearest I can tell just guard. We have enough guards already. Welcome to the grand giveaway..... :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I seriously doubt this is going to do much to improve our line. I just think that they are in John & Pete search mode which means keep turning over bodies until something sticks. It's how they built this team in the beginning and has continued to be their philosophy.

I agree with all of that. Until it gets to the point of trading potentially the next Richard Sherman (a 5th or better).

brimsalabim

Reaction score
"Destroyed is pass pro" my gosh, he fits our system perfectly!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":v0hvgguq said:
kidhawk":v0hvgguq said:
Seymour":v0hvgguq said:

Don't get me wrong, I seriously doubt this is going to do much to improve our line. I just think that they are in John & Pete search mode which means keep turning over bodies until something sticks. It's how they built this team in the beginning and has continued to be their philosophy.

I agree with all of that. Until it gets to the point of trading potentially the next Richard Sherman (a 5th or better).

That is the negative side of having the 90 man roster last throughout the preseason. If there were earlier rounds of cuts, we'd have more opportunities to grab guys in the preseason. With every team keeping 90 guys, we'd have to wait until we set our 53 before any would even be available to look at.

Also, we did pick up a 5th from the Raiders for Lynch's rights, so we still should have a 5th round pick.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I know it does not fit the narrative that everything sucks - but thought this was interesting and worth discussing:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/899753594550755328[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":53rzixic said:
Seymour":53rzixic said:

Tobin's a tackle first, and can play guard as well.

Don't read too much into this trade, it's just for depth. Dude's not a starter, but we need bodies with Fant out and Justin Senior being waved.

Two lineman gone, and two more signed. End of story.

The end of story is not until the 2018 draft is over.

Polk738

Reaction score
Thought I heard stories that Nick Mangold was going to be available? I take it that fell thru?

Jville

Reaction score
Apparently, Matt Tobin looks much better in 2017 than any late 5th round offensive line prospect for the 2018 draft.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Give the guy a chance, welcome Mr. Tobin. I doubt many Hawks fans know much about the guy. Seems like a lot of people are assuming the worst with both guys that just came in. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I still think a solid lineman could become available after final cuts, someone cut for cap reasons etc. And knowing these guys, I'm sure they're not even close to being done adding guys.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3fpz8h6s said:
Give the guy a chance, welcome Mr. Tobin. I doubt many Hawks fans know much about the guy.

Good point. Even George Plimpton had an NFL career. :twisted:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sounds like more shifting in the line.. Guess the left side isn't "Healthy".

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hard to believe we couldn't get a starter quality NFL LT for our 2018 5th round pick, when as others have correctly pointed out that's basically going to be the next Richard Sherman. Luckily we have a bunch of fans talking up that angle on twitter now so future teams will be better informed about how valuable our late round picks are.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol how are folks upset about trading a 5th round pick?

Maybe he turns into something, maybe not. At least he provides depth and versatility

Seymour

Reaction score
AgentDib":3fpb3luk said:
Hard to believe we couldn't get a starter quality NFL LT for our 2018 5th round pick, when as others have correctly pointed out that's basically going to be the next Richard Sherman. Luckily we have a bunch of fans talking up that angle on twitter now so future teams will be better informed about how valuable our late round picks are.

Dropping key words like "potentially" to make your point? Where I come from, they call that an exaggeration.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
to remind people/fans, all contracts are guaranteed if a player is on the initial 53 man roster....if a player is signed after Week 1, that same players contract is NOT guaranteed, which means a Brandon Albert can be signed for an incentive packed contract that if he is injured or not looking to perform at a higher level, he can be released with literally no cap hit.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seymour":2z14dxkq said:
Dropping key words like "potentially" to make your point? Where I come from, they call that an exaggeration.
Seymour":2z14dxkq said:
Until it gets to the point of trading potentially the next Richard Sherman (a 5th or better).
I have to agree with you. That is an impressive exaggeration.