Seahawks Trade for Eagles Tackle Tobin

DJrmb

Reaction score
King Dog":cnpuuqza said:
Started at RT against the Bills last weekend. Here's the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDkeN3VBAs
Thanks for posting the link to that. I was actually impressed. Tobin started at Right tackle and really held his own. Not saying he looked like a pro bowler (or really fast enough to move to LT in my first look glance opinion) but I don't think he gave up a single QB pressure. In pass blocking he looked worlds better than Ifedi has so far...

iigakusei

Reaction score
When hearing Eagles fans say he is awful remember they have Jason Peters and Lane Johnson at Tackle. We have Odhiambo and Ifedi. I doubt they truly understand poor OL play like we do.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":ccwnu29i said:
SoulfishHawk":ccwnu29i said:
Give the guy a chance, welcome Mr. Tobin. I doubt many Hawks fans know much about the guy.

Good point. Even George Plimpton had an NFL career. :twisted:
Mr Intellivision. :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Is it to much of a reach to see how Pocic might play out at LT? If we are in the development stage with bodies (and of course we are), why not try him out there?

James in PA

Reaction score
"I can tell you that Tom really loved this kid coming out of college."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The 2017 season began looking like the "light at the end of the tunnel". In reality, it has turned into a train coming in the opposite direction!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wallow in your negativity, Holy Moly!

At least the team is making some moves and the player in question is not a slug with zero athleticism. How well he plays in this system will be decided soon enough. The sky hasn't fallen yet, but it did get a bit darker for a while today.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2nzz1ugr said:
Wallow in your negativity, Holy Moly!

At least the team is making some moves and the player in question is not a slug with zero athleticism. How well he plays in this system will be decided soon enough. The sky hasn't fallen yet, but it did get a bit darker for a while today.

I'm glad we were able to do something. I am a bit pessimistic though, but that's just because it's really difficult to get Oline talent, because teams just don't want to give it up. It's surely better than the status quo though.

The more I think about it, I'm thinking this may pave the way to move Joeckel to Tackle and have a position battle over the next 2 weeks for Left guard and see what happens.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Stats paint a pretty bleak picture about his play, but we needed to do something. Still.....a 5th seems steep for him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1xmpddby said:
Sgt. Largent":1xmpddby said:
Seymour":1xmpddby said:
I get the whole need thing, but how can this guy be better than Obi or Pocic at tackle? He has not even played tackle in the NFL nearest I can tell just guard. We have enough guards already. Welcome to the grand giveaway..... :roll:

Tobin's a tackle first, and can play guard as well.

Don't read too much into this trade, it's just for depth. Dude's not a starter, but we need bodies with Fant out and Justin Senior being waved.

Two lineman gone, and two more signed. End of story.

The end of story is not until the 2018 draft is over.

So you're solution would be..............................?

Rat

Reaction score
Seems like there's a decent chance a comparable player would have been available after roster cut-downs.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Rat":ecab0dgr said:
Seems like there's a decent chance a comparable player would have been available after roster cut-downs.

Or likely even Tobin himself.

The problem with that is there's only one round of roster cuts now so you can't bring somebody in from cuts until the entire preseason is over.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":a9d9u9ty said:
Seymour":a9d9u9ty said:
Sgt. Largent":a9d9u9ty said:
Seymour":a9d9u9ty said:
I get the whole need thing, but how can this guy be better than Obi or Pocic at tackle? He has not even played tackle in the NFL nearest I can tell just guard. We have enough guards already. Welcome to the grand giveaway..... :roll:

Don't read too much into this trade, it's just for depth. Dude's not a starter, but we need bodies with Fant out and Justin Senior being waved.

Be patient enough for the cut. This guy likely would have been cut and we give up nothing. That or a trade. Kearse, Lane, even Graham (if they don't plan to extend him or go to him in the red zone), for a higher quality lineman.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Is he better than Roos, who is likely on the bubble? Two weeks to find out.

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":bptcnouv said:
Seymour":bptcnouv said:
Giving up draft choices for longshots is just plain silly.....and desperate.

From Rotoworld.....
Seattle is scrambling for tackle options after losing George Fant. Tobin started at right guard for the 2015 Eagles, showing promise as a run blocker but getting destroyed in pass protection. He was demoted into a deep reserve role last season. Tobin should only be viewed as depth for the Seahawks.

:pukeface:

How the heck can you complain about them using every avenue available? Madness.

Umm....well.....you see...I used a Microsoft keyboard on a PC.

Hitting draft picks is crutial to this team (more than others with lower cost core groups). Those pics keep the team cap down when they get starters / contributors.

So as long as we are trying "every avenue", the sky is the limit for you to give away then?

keasley45

Reaction score
Seymour":1ocnm0mw said:
Sgt. Largent":1ocnm0mw said:
Seymour":1ocnm0mw said:
Sgt. Largent":1ocnm0mw said:

Be patient enough for the cut. This guy likely would have been cut and we give up nothing. That or a trade. Kearse, Lane, even Graham (if they don't plan to extend him or go to him in the red zone), for a higher quality lineman.

Sneaky feeling they did it now rather than waiting for the cut down because they actually do have him penciled in to start and want to give him time to get up to speed. Will be surprised if there are other moves. Its the pattern and habit they've shown in the past. They know who they want and what a players value is to them. He'll start at rg or rt. Just my opinion.