Seahawks vrs Dolphins..Week 1.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":24hbjz6f said:
a LOT of Miami Dolphins fans here in NJ, but I think with a new coaching staff, you have to revert back to what Denver wanted to run when Gase was there.

Tannehill on the road is just not the same QB he is at home. Miami has lost games at places like Washington early in last season and rarely plays well on the road, outside of seemingly always winning at the Jets.

I do agree with the Fins fan that their front four has the potential to create a Rams-like dilemma of not being able to get people blocked and creating problems, but it still reverts back to Seattle at home is an extremely difficult place to play.

If this were week 3 or Week 5 after a couple of games or a bye week, Miami would be better suited for an upset. I just don't see any feasible way Tannehill has consistent success dinking and dunking underneath, without the support of a running game.

Seattle will force turnovers and Miami will make one mistake per half that will cost them. It looks like a 27-17 or 27-16 type of game that is close throughout. Seattle's early schedule is must-win territory with a visit to LA for the Rams and another AFC East visit to NY in early October. Seattle cannot slip early and I see a fast 4-0 or 5-0 start for the Seahawks, although most of these games will be nip and tuck.

Gase is going to be judged based on how they sort out the lockeroom.....still seeing reports of Suh not practicing hard most days (if at all) and as good as Tunsil may be on paper, you don't want crowd noise and Micheal Bennett hovering over you as your first NFL start.

It's the longest flight ever from Miami to Seattle. Good game and good luck, but Seattle wins by double digits.
good luck to you as well.

we beat washington on the road in our first game last year, Landry returned a punt for 6, we play better on the road because our venue sucks..until now, 500 million with a new canopy roof and the lower sections moved 25 feet closer to the field.

for the first time in his career Suh has participated in most of our non voluntary otas..big step..

Suh is a dominant player and will wreck a game if y'all aren't prepared or talented enough.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yep, Ndamukong Suh. Great signing. Championship!

Tical21

Reaction score
At this point in their careers, Rawls>Lynch and it isn't close. You're just sore because you have Jay Ayaji. Don't worry, Fournette will be there at the top of the draft.

Tical21

Reaction score
Is it really a stretch to believe the Seahawks front office loved Wilson and knew they could get him in the 3rd? Who is your 3rd best player? Hiw many do the Hawks have who are better than him? 13? 14?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Djphinfan":30qfte20 said:
''Wilson has everything in the arsenal besides height imo, Touch, arm strength, accuracy, great ability to extend plays and make those plays down the field, leadership, freakish vision of the field, and just that vibe that exudes the ''it'' factor.''

said that in 2012 before the draft...I knew they were gonna take Tannehill because of the Philbin/Mike sherman connection, with him being tannehills head coach then moving to be our offensive coordinator the writing was on the wall..

I pleaded that we should move back into the first and take wilson and do something unprecedented, take two qbs in the first..

I was so sure of wilson that my philosophy was if tannehill worked out wilson would garner a first rounder down the line after the rest of the nfl would watch him carve up nfl defenses in preseason.

members laughed at me.a couple did not.

I know you've been getting a lot of snarky comments, but if you dig around and find some Schneider comments on Wilson he was locked into him long before the draft. Schneider wanted to draft him sooner than the 3rd round but Carroll told him to wait so instead they grabbed our All Pro MLB Bobby Wagner in the 2nd and Wilson in the 3rd.

That 2012 draft is truly incredible. Bruce Irvin just got $40my contract. Wagner got a $40m extension. Wilson got a $80m extension. Lane got $20m extension. Sweezy got $35m contract. Kearse just got a $15m extension. We also drafted Jaye Howard who was cut and is now an underrated starter in KC. That'said 8 starters from the 2012 draft.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Tical21":r7fbghpn said:
At this point in their careers, Rawls>Lynch and it isn't close. You're just sore because you have Jay Ayaji. Don't worry, Fournette will be there at the top of the draft.
you know I don't take shots unless shots are fired, it's not my style, and I don't want to be that guy on your site.. I like your team and I thought that you would be mature enough to talk about the game and your team without being overly confident to the point of saying, "it doesn't matter what we do, because that's what we do" or " I'm sore because of Ajayi, why would I be sore?, because we have a promising young back who set the fbs record for total yards in his last year..

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1y6fj0b7 said:
Djphinfan":1y6fj0b7 said:
''Wilson has everything in the arsenal besides height imo, Touch, arm strength, accuracy, great ability to extend plays and make those plays down the field, leadership, freakish vision of the field, and just that vibe that exudes the ''it'' factor.''

said that in 2012 before the draft...I knew they were gonna take Tannehill because of the Philbin/Mike sherman connection, with him being tannehills head coach then moving to be our offensive coordinator the writing was on the wall..

I pleaded that we should move back into the first and take wilson and do something unprecedented, take two qbs in the first..

I was so sure of wilson that my philosophy was if tannehill worked out wilson would garner a first rounder down the line after the rest of the nfl would watch him carve up nfl defenses in preseason.

I know you've been getting a lot of snarky comments, but if you dig around and find some Schneider comments on Wilson he was locked into him long before the draft. Schneider wanted to draft him sooner than the 3rd round but Carroll told him to wait so instead they grabbed our All Pro MLB Bobby Wagner in the 2nd and Wilson in the 3rd.

That 2012 draft is truly incredible. Bruce Irvin just got $40my contract. Wagner got a $40m extension. Wilson got a $80m extension. Lane got $20m extension. Sweezy got $35m contract. Kearse just got a $15m extension. We also drafted Jaye Howard who was cut and is now an underrated starter in KC. That'said 8 starters from the 2012 draft.
It's a ridiculous draft, my only point was if you knew what Wilson was gonna be you don't wait til the third round under any circumstances...myself, I felt very confident that he would be the guy he is...ain't no way im playing games with 31 other teams for 3 rounds.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Djphinfan":h6x7ry75 said:
EverydayImRusselin":h6x7ry75 said:
Djphinfan":h6x7ry75 said:

It's a ridiculous draft, my only point was if you knew what Wilson was gonna be you don't wait til the third round under any circumstances...myself, I felt very confident that he would be the guy he is...ain't no way im playing games with 31 other teams for 3 rounds.

It's why you are a message board poster and Schneider and Carrol are the best at what they do.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Smellyman":ccixn1xm said:
Djphinfan":ccixn1xm said:
EverydayImRusselin":ccixn1xm said:
Djphinfan":ccixn1xm said:

It's why you are a message board poster and Schneider and Carrol are the best at what they do.

Gms are human beings, their not perfect, and they dont have a degree in this stuff, as in this case, they played games and rolled an incredibly valuable dice, if it makes you puff your chest out by denying it, so be it..

petty shots like yours means karma will be paying you a visit.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't know what you're expecting to hear man. The Seahawks have the best roster in the NFL. They have the best coaching staff in the NFL. They have the best front office in the NFL. They've drafted ridiculously well. They are nearly unbeatable at home and they're ridiculously hungry this season. They've re-loaded their D-Line and RB positions and will not miss a beat without Lynch, as glorious as he was. You're searching for us to concede weakness or give the Phins a pat on the back, but the bottom line is that we don't lose to really bad teams at home, and it is really rare that the games are somewhat competitive. This game is going to have the largest point spread in week 1, yet the play is still to give the points.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tical21":auwezc4u said:
I don't know what you're expecting to hear man. The Seahawks have the best roster in the NFL. They have the best coaching staff in the NFL. They have the best front office in the NFL. They've drafted ridiculously well. They are nearly unbeatable at home and they're ridiculously hungry this season. They've re-loaded their D-Line and RB positions and will not miss a beat without Lynch, as glorious as he was. You're searching for us to concede weakness or give the Phins a pat on the back, but the bottom line is that we don't lose to really bad teams at home, and it is really rare that the games are somewhat competitive. This game is going to have the largest point spread in week 1, yet the play is still to give the points.

Trical if you read your exact same post on the webzone a couple years ago you would think the same thing the Miami fan is.

We as Seahawks fans have a lot to look forward to and have every right to be proud and optimistic but the picture your painting is that we can't possibly be beat. It is coming off as arrogant. Sorry to point it out.

The banter from another teams fans is welcome. It gives us something to think about and even debate and if that fan is obnoxious then flame em but so far the only ones I see being obnoxious and arrogant are us.

We will probably lose multiple games we shouldn't just like every year and the type of teams that have given us the most trouble are built very much like the Dolphins.

It's also early in the year and we don't typically get rolling until the second half of the season.

I like that they don't have a TY Hilton type on thier team or a Gronk type TE but we are changing scheme and will likely have some bumps in the road along the way.

If we try and force the running game and can't protect Wilson it could be a very long day.

I'm as excited as anyone about the new recruits as well as the development of guys like Lockett and Clark but until I actually see the new guys make the roster and Clark at the next level I'm not ready to right off any game.

On paper we should have easily swept the Rams last year but you know what really happened.

Tical21

Reaction score
RichNhansom":14ar65me said:
Tical21":14ar65me said:

Trical if you read your exact same post on the webzone a couple years ago you would think the same thing the Miami fan is.

We as Seahawks fans have a lot to look forward to and have every right to be proud and optimistic but the picture your painting is that we can't possibly be beat. It is coming off as arrogant. Sorry to point it out.

The banter from another teams fans is welcome. It gives us something to think about and even debate and if that fan is obnoxious then flame em but so far the only ones I see being obnoxious and arrogant are us.

We will probably lose multiple games we shouldn't just like every year and the type of teams that have given us the most trouble are built very much like the Dolphins.

It's also early in the year and we don't typically get rolling until the second half of the season.

I like that they don't have a TY Hilton type on thier team or a Gronk type TE but we are changing scheme and will likely have some bumps in the road along the way.

If we try and force the running game and can't protect Wilson it could be a very long day.

I'm as excited as anyone about the new recruits as well as the development of guys like Lockett and Clark but until I actually see the new guys make the roster and Clark at the next level I'm not ready to right off any game.

On paper we should have easily swept the Rams last year but you know what really happened.
So I should go tell the Rams fans that we are their little b?

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Tical21":1rlz8dqz said:
you guys were 4 and 5 last year..Last time these two teams met, tannehill and wilson faced off, wilson had a great game, but we won it..there are lot of players still on both team.

we all hungry man.

I didn't ask you to concede anything, only some basics things, like Lynch is better than rawls and there might be a regression at some point in that dept considering your oline..

graham being out week 1 hopefully for us takes a weapon off the field, which helps us, now you might think in all your greatness that losing talent doesn't matter and your so elite that it just doesn't matter because you have all faith in the higher power front office, but that would be a mistake on your part imo...this is a talent league, like in any sport, the thing i believe you have is a qb who imo might be the best in the game, this covers up a loss of talent and in-exp.

I expect no pat on the back, we are irrelevant, and have been for a long time..however we do have some familiarity with Wilson and your team, we played in 2012 and won the game..

i don't expect to win the game, just wanted to talk some football, and not hear ,''oh were the greatest so it doesn't matter who's playing'' type analysis..

I do think were having a fundamental disagreement that some folks may take as an insult, but I do believe and have studied that qb you have..i think he can mask weakness, but thats hard for fans of that team to accept when they hear weakness..he's a special player, special movement and position specific skill.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Understand that visiting fans always have that same argument regarding Wilson. You don't know the situation because you weren't paying close attention, because why would you? But the reality is that Schneider knew Wilson could become our starter and he played the draft game and snagged him in the third. You can't deny that he had a high evaluation on him, because it's the truth, and you can't deny that Schneider wanted to draft him higher than the third and was talked out of it by Pete.

The draft process for Seattle (and most teams) is obviously a collaborative effort. We like to give Schneider the credit for Wilson because he deserves it. This was not a "Tom Brady in the 6th round" lucky pick. Our GM knew exactly what Wilson could potentially develop into and that's why they picked him. And by waiting until the 3rd we picked up 2 quality starters in the process. You may not want to accept that but it's reality. This information came out directly after that draft by the way so it's not revisionist.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
Archer":3v49hsy6 said:
Understand that visiting fans always have that same argument regarding Wilson. You don't know the situation because you weren't paying close attention, because why would you? But the reality is that Schneider knew Wilson could become our starter and he played the draft game and snagged him in the third. You can't deny that he had a high evaluation on him, because it's the truth, and you can't deny that Schneider wanted to draft him higher than the third and was talked out of it by Pete.

The draft process for Seattle (and most teams) is obviously a collaborative effort. We like to give Schneider the credit for Wilson because he deserves it. This was not a "Tom Brady in the 6th round" lucky pick. Our GM knew exactly what Wilson could potentially develop into and that's why they picked him. And by waiting until the 3rd we picked up 2 quality starters in the process. You may not want to accept that but it's reality. This information came out directly after that draft by the way so it's not revisionist.
I do know the situation and studied the player as much as you all did..I knew he was going under the radar even from my seat, however, if you are a front office and you have a conviction on a qb to the degree that you think he is a home run, #1, you don't share that with anyone, #2, you dont wait until the 75th pick to make your move..

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree in this case.Now I would say you had more sense than anyone in the league on this player because no'one else made the move, however there's no way your front office was to know that from 31 other teams.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3l37gco3 said:
you guys were 4 and 5 last year..

Last time these two teams met, tannehill and wilson faced off, wilson had a great game, but we won it..there are lot of players still on both team.

Since then, Seattle has gone to two super bowls while Miami has... ?

we all hungry man.

Congrats.

I didn't ask you to concede anything, only some basics things, like Lynch is better than rawls and there might be a regression at some point in that dept considering your oline..

Sorry that you haven't heard what you wanted to hear. Rawls (in 2015) was better than Marshawn Lynch (in 2015). There is not and will never be any objective proof that losing Lynch this season is a step back for this offense given his output in 2015.

graham being out week 1 hopefully for us takes a weapon off the field, which helps us, now you might think in all your greatness that losing talent doesn't matter and your so elite that it just doesn't matter because you have all faith in the higher power front office, but that would be a mistake on your part imo...

Graham being out week 1 means you're more likely to see the Seattle offense that showed up in the back half of the season which is WAY worse for Miami than the offense that they faced in 2012 (or any other team faced from Seattle in the first half of 2015). Whether or not his thinking is a mistake, can be determined after the game.

this is a talent league, like in any sport, the thing i believe you have is a qb who imo might be the best in the game, this covers up a loss of talent and in-exp.

Feel free to explain the massive loss of talent that we face (be sure to consider their replacements in your explanation).

I expect no pat on the back, we are irrelevant, and have been for a long time..however we do have some familiarity with Wilson and your team, we played in 2012 and won the game..

See #1.

i don't expect to win the game, just wanted to talk some football, and not hear ,''oh were the greatest so it doesn't matter who's playing'' type analysis..

Perhaps focus on the posts that you don't find offensive or cocky? Nobody is obligated to share your opinion and you're not obligated to respond to the posts that you don't like or agree with.

OP
OP
D

Djphinfan

Reaction score
1}Duly noted..

2} was in response to the comment, '' were hungry''

3} imo The reason why Rawls looked better to the human eye than the all pro {not probowl} Mashawn Lynch, is because when Lynch went down, that special qb took on a bigger role, played with more responsibility on his shoulders, and played with more sense of urgency and threat, which in turn opened things up for anyone who was to take Lynch's place.

4} I'm sorry I dont feel that not seeing Jimmy graham is your advantage.

5} Golden Tate..Marshawn Lynch..Percy Harvin..Jimmy Graham {if he doesn't go vrs us}..Bruce Irvin..

6} duly noted.

I think this will be a low scoring close defensive game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Djphinfan":3rnn1hfm said:
1}Duly noted..

2} was in response to the comment, '' were hungry''

3} imo The reason why Rawls looked better to the human eye than the all pro {not probowl} Mashawn Lynch, is because when Lynch went down, that special qb took on a bigger role, played with more responsibility on his shoulders, and played with more sense of urgency and threat, which in turn opened things up for anyone who was to take Lynch's place.

4} I'm sorry I dont feel that not seeing Jimmy graham is your advantage.

5} Golden Tate..Marshawn Lynch..Percy Harvin..Jimmy Graham {if he doesn't go vrs us}..Bruce Irvin..

6} duly noted.

I think this will be a low scoring close defensive game.

Percy Harvin a loss of talent?!? WTF are you smoking? He had 23 catches for 150 yards and 11 rushes for 92 yards and 1 TD in a season and a half. He was never integrated into the offense and no one would call him a loss. His biggest contribution was 13 kick returns for 341 yards, but Lockett is a better returner than Harvin ever was as a Seahawk, and fills the same position Harvin had on offense better, too. And don't bother mentioning the kickoff return in the Super Bowl, we were up 22-0 when he did it. You are showing complete ignorance in your arguments about the Seahawks, so why should we take you seriously? You clearly didn't do the homework.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Djphinfan":20n4q7xj said:
[ I do know the situation and studied the player as much as you all did..I knew he was going under the radar even from my seat, however, if you are a front office and you have a conviction on a qb to the degree that you think he is a home run, #1, you don't share that with anyone, #2, you dont wait until the 75th pick to make your move..

I respect your opinion, but I don't agree in this case.Now I would say you had more sense than anyone in the league on this player because no'one else made the move, however there's no way your front office was to know that from 31 other teams.

You know about Wilson but you don't know about Schneider and what his feelings were or his thought process at that time. I suggest you watch the video above that someone else posted if you actually want to be informed on this topic, if you want to just continue to hold fast to your current opinion then there's no point in talking about this any further.

Regarding the game, the Seahawks are bringing back 9/11 starters on defense - only Bruce Irvin and Brandon Mebane need replaced. We drafted Reed for Mebane and Irvin's position is one that can be filled with one of our current backup LBs or schemed around (as Carroll is talking about with Browner).

We have the best CB combo we've had since 2013 when we had Browner and Maxwell opposite Sherman, Chancellor has stated he will not hold out this year and we now have a decent backup for him in McCray in the off chance that changes.

On offense we are bringing back the same WRs that dominated efficiency stats last year, have a young RB (and a stable of others if he's not ready to go game 1) that will be able to replace Lynch's stats (even if Lynch himself is a player that is one of a kind and irreplaceable) and of course the aforementioned Wilson.

Graham is likely on PUP to start the year, but if you are wondering why no one is too concerned about that it's because we've never had a passing threat out of the TE position since Carroll has been here, so it's not exactly something that is going to be a backbreaker. Graham was brought in because we've never had a threat there, so we're basically just continuing to wait for that hole to be filled. It's not a loss comparative to our previous rosters.

The O-line may very well be as bad as last year, but the starters we lost were oft-injured (Okung) and overrated (Sweezy). It's a group that should be overhauled and that's what we're doing - ultimately I do not have high hopes for the line especially in the beginning of the year.

However as you've mentioned a million times, Wilson will assist with the small holes that our team does have and that is why we are confident going into this year. I actually like the Dolphins and have been rooting for you guys to do something in your division for the last few years. I like how you've approached this offseason and think you have potential going forward (if Tannehill ever improves, hopefully Gase can help with that). However, you are not a match for our team this year and especially not in game one at Seattle. I anticipate winning by double digits.