Seattle vs. Atlanta matchups

Mick063

Reaction score
Reasons Atlanta lost:

Seattle rookie long snapper botched a snap.

Kam Chancellor is not calling the coverages and getting the backfield set. Same thing caused the 2-4 start last season.

All Pro Michael Bennett leaves the game at crunch time.

Falcons were 0-6 in third down conversions in the first half.

The Falcons OC was getting Matt Ryan relentlessly pounded due to calling long developing plays. He won't last the season and in the interim, will develop a severe case of happy feet. This is how Mike Martz ruined Mark Bulger and Jay Cutler.

The Falcons depended upon 4th and forever in their final possession and are mad because their dream didn't come true.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":9jy3ourr said:
FOGHORN":9jy3ourr said:
Surely you are just being obtuse. If the Falcons suck what does that make the Seahawks. The Hawks had a bye week, home field, and the Falcons coming off of 2nd straight road game. 4 road games in 6 total. It was a hell of a ball game.

No doubt closer than Hawk fans thought it would be. I want to be pissed about this loss, but I can't be. The Falcons showed tons of heart today. The old Falcons team would have folded.

But it is what it is. No bad calls decided this game, the Julio drop did. So goes the nature of football.

Enjoy the week Hawk fans. Cheers to an injury free season.
Foghorn, I can deal with you on these boards. Treefidy is a different story. That is a troll, you are not. Just wanted to point that out.

Thanks. I'm not trying to troll. Just talk football. But my discussion will get buried in all this one up talk and chest pounding.

Hard to find morale victories in a game that only counts W and L , but I thought the Falcons brought alot more to the table than the Seahawks were expecting.

Seahawks are as advertised. Really good. The Falcons are still in rebuild mode , but they look good. Much like the Hawks when Pete took over. Except the Falcons already have a QB.

Jville

Reaction score
treefidy":gev9r11c said:
Jville":gev9r11c said:
treefidy":gev9r11c said:
Jville":gev9r11c said:
I concur with Sherman's assessment on the hand to hand fighting going on by both receivers and defensive backs throughout the game. Good hand fighting really makes for a great show. Enjoyed the game! [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/787811145763528704[/tweet]

Hand fighting is not pinning a receivers arm down...

It always comes down to understanding how the officials are calling the game. It often makes a big difference in finishing in the fourth quarter.

This was not one of those cases. This is blatant PI....

There were other questionable non calls during the game. Neither team was perfect. Lots of missed assignments and opportunities. Plenty of opportunity for everyone to learn and grow.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FOGHORN":1dmo3i9a said:
Seahwkgal":1dmo3i9a said:
FOGHORN":1dmo3i9a said:
Surely you are just being obtuse. If the Falcons suck what does that make the Seahawks. The Hawks had a bye week, home field, and the Falcons coming off of 2nd straight road game. 4 road games in 6 total. It was a hell of a ball game.

No doubt closer than Hawk fans thought it would be. I want to be pissed about this loss, but I can't be. The Falcons showed tons of heart today. The old Falcons team would have folded.

But it is what it is. No bad calls decided this game, the Julio drop did. So goes the nature of football.

Enjoy the week Hawk fans. Cheers to an injury free season.
Foghorn, I can deal with you on these boards. Treefidy is a different story. That is a troll, you are not. Just wanted to point that out.

Thanks. I'm not trying to troll. Just talk football. But my discussion will get buried in all this one up talk and chest pounding.

Hard to find morale victories in a game that only counts W and L , but I thought the Falcons brought alot more to the table than the Seahawks were expecting.

Seahawks are as advertised. Really good. The Falcons are still in rebuild mode , but they look good. Much like the Hawks when Pete took over. Except the Falcons already have a QB.
I concur. Good to have you here for mature rational football discussion. :2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
treefidy":3207vf75 said:
Seahwkgal":3207vf75 said:
So you admit you are a worthless troll. Goodbye Felicia.
I admit that I called this and was ridiculed all over this board.
Called what? There was very little rational, mature discussion coming from you all week. Just go away already, the game is OVER.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
@ Seahawkgal

I'm not here to argue. I just enjoy football discussion. The Falcons made me proud in a loss if there is such a thing. 4-2 with the hardest schedule in the NFL is a good thing. 4 of 6 on the road with Denver and Seattle back to back.

I think these Falcons will open some eyes and some may not want to go to the Dome if they make the playoffs. Either way, great game. I love me some ET. I watched him in high school at WOS.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FOGHORN":1pwcsn9c said:
@ Seahawkgal

I'm not here to argue. I just enjoy football discussion. The Falcons made me proud in a loss if there is such a thing. 4-2 with the hardest schedule in the NFL is a good thing. 4 of 6 on the road with Denver and Seattle back to back.

I think these Falcons will open some eyes and some may not want to go to the Dome if they make the playoffs. Either way, great game. I love me some ET. I watched him in high school at WOS.

I totally agree with everything you posted. Great game between two awesome teams.
It was a great game by area29 no doubt. We have been questioning his play for the first part of this season. It was good to see him back to form.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Falcons are a really solid football team. Amazing offense, Julio is a beast (duh.)

Hopefully these teams meet again in the playoffs. It was an outstanding game, especially in person. So much energy at the Clink (except for the dumb fans leaving early in the 4th qtr)

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
FOGHORN":1ly9t4tk said:
I like how alot of these Hawks fans forgot the dominate whopping they were going to put on this finesse team instead of recognizing a good game. Matt Ryan still hung 3 TD on this dominant d and did all thile things Wilson was supposed to do.

Congrats. You guys won at home. Hope to see you again down the road. Cheers to a healthy season.

Well, to be fair, you didn't really physically dominate the game. You honestly only out played us 1 quarter, and got physically whooped in the 1st half. Kudos to the Falcons for coming out on fire in the 3rd quarter.

I read a lot of Falcons fans claiming they were going to run all over us. Didn't happen. I will say you didn't allow us to run much, but a lot of that was not maintaining the lead in the 2nd half. Carroll came out and said they went away from the run game in the 4th quarter because they had to due to being behind.

Finesse teams put up 335 yards passing and 50 yards rushing. You were better on defense than I thought you'd be. Good luck the rest of the season and I think you have a quality team.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
treefidy":2918dhjb said:
fenderbender123":2918dhjb said:
I knew somebody was going to mention the refs. There were several incorrect calls and no calls that went both ways that affected the score.

And on the no-call for PI at the end of the game...those are never called in that situation. You don't get a freebie long pass in the NFL in do or die situations. Sherman did the right thing. Besides, Earl was covering up the view of the officials, so even if it wasn't an automatic no-call situation, it would have been a smart move by Sherman to get away with what he can. That's a championship football play right there. To whine about it is loser talk, and shows how little you know about NFL football.

That's on a hail mary. Not a 30 yard pass down field with over a minute to play. Those are ALWAYS called.

Sherman got away with it. It was bull. Enjoy your gift.

Seriously, how is that not a Hail Mary ? It's 4th and 10. This IS the game. Ryan threw the ball down field, off his back foot, to his double covered top WR. It may not have been a Hail Mary formation and in the end zone, but it was definitely a last gasp Hail Mary. If it wasn't, you'd have another down and wouldn't be bitching about it so much. Time on the clock makes no difference when you're down to your last down. You really need to learn situational football.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Hawks46":3skzo280 said:
FOGHORN":3skzo280 said:
I like how alot of these Hawks fans forgot the dominate whopping they were going to put on this finesse team instead of recognizing a good game. Matt Ryan still hung 3 TD on this dominant d and did all thile things Wilson was supposed to do.

Congrats. You guys won at home. Hope to see you again down the road. Cheers to a healthy season.

Well, to be fair, you didn't really physically dominate the game. You honestly only out played us 1 quarter, and got physically whooped in the 1st half. Kudos to the Falcons for coming out on fire in the 3rd quarter.

I read a lot of Falcons fans claiming they were going to run all over us. Didn't happen. I will say you didn't allow us to run much, but a lot of that was not maintaining the lead in the 2nd half. Carroll came out and said they went away from the run game in the 4th quarter because they had to due to being behind.

Finesse teams put up 335 yards passing and 50 yards rushing. You were better on defense than I thought you'd be. Good luck the rest of the season and I think you have a quality team.

Well to be fair the Seahawks didnt fair much better than the finesse team. 260 passing 70 rushing.

I was referring to how many Seahawks posters said the Seahawks would dominate Falcons and blow them out. Didnt happen.

All in all, great game. Perhaps better than the Seahawks though. Good luck the reat of the way. Cheers to an injury free season the rest of the way.

12thbrah

Reaction score
The Atlanta trolls just want us to admit it was a PI. That way they can blame the refs instead of realizing the Hawks took back control of the game in the 4th quarter.

The Hawks were shorthanded and were not sharp at all on offense or defense but still got the victory. The sweetest wins are ones you get sometimes when you are not at your best.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Got to post this every where. Same play, more egregious

UntriedBoringGosling.gif

Tical21

Reaction score
Julio officially credited with 3 catches while Sherman in coverage. He was pretty good against Shead and McCray though.

Latest posts