Sherman: "The only way people show respect is the dollars."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":t18xdx0u said:
I wish Sherm would just take the same as Earl. It's a fantasy, I know. I think most would agree, he really doesn't deserve more than Earl.
It really isn't about "deserve" it's all about the position you play in the NFL. And fact is CB's get paid more than Safeties even otherworldly ones like Earl.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
chris98251":3aayy43g said:
Name another Hawk player that has brought as much attention to our southern Alaska team?

Brian Bosworth
I think he was looking for positive attention, not a draft flop.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1dm6cuuc said:
I wish Sherm would just take the same as Earl. It's a fantasy, I know. I think most would agree, he really doesn't deserve more than Earl.

Ridiculous comment. Does anyone on the team "deserve" to be paid more than Marshawn Lynch? That's not how this works.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2vqdxb82 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2vqdxb82 said:

Ridiculous comment. Does anyone on the team "deserve" to be paid more than Marshawn Lynch? That's not how this works.

You must have missed the second sentence. Simmer down, guy.

And yes, other players on the team do deserve more than Lynch in my view. Earl being one of them.

MizzouHawkGal":2vqdxb82 said:
Coug_Hawk08":2vqdxb82 said:
It really isn't about "deserve" it's all about the position you play in the NFL. And fact is CB's get paid more than Safeties even otherworldly ones like Earl.

You could tell that was a tough pill to swallow for Earl during his press conference. Clearly wanted to be highest paid on the best defense, also. But seemed to understand the fact that sherm will ultimately be at higher apy. They compete at everything, and Earl definitely should win that, but as you say CBs are just at a premium (right or wrong).