Sherman: "The only way people show respect is the dollars."

volsunghawk

Reaction score
irfuben32":sj0b8jic said:
volsunghawk":sj0b8jic said:
(and by the way, I agree that Maxwell is no slouch, but I think you're underestimating what Sherman gives us... the only points we allowed in the SB were on Maxwell, and the Broncos never even bothered to test Sherman)

The only thing I would say about that is that Manning didn't start lighting the Hawks up after Sherman went out with the ankle.

I loooooove Sherman. He is a great player, person, teammate and personality... BUUUUUUT I am not sure you can sustain success dropping 13 million on a cornerback.

If he's the best CB in the league, you pay to keep him. It's as simple as that. You go cheap in depth and in less important positions.

I simply don't understand why people are so hesitant about paying to keep the guys we have who rank as best in the damn league at their positions.

I mean, yeah, if we had the best players in the league at every position, it would be impossible to keep them all. But we don't. Sherman is one of our irreplaceable guys, and the list is shorter than some folks here will admit. It's Wilson, Thomas, and Sherman. Bennett, Chancellor, and Harvin are already paid, and the team is already in the process of setting up Lynch to be replaced. There's no one else on the team we need to give big money to, with the possible exception of Avril. Everyone else is eventually going to sign a team-friendly deal or they're going to walk and be replaced through the draft or inexpensive FAs when the time comes. And that process works as long as you recognize who your bonafide elite talents are and pay them to keep the core of the team intact.

rcaido

Reaction score
Pathetic fans....Sherman is the best CB in the game, he is worth 15million a year. Luckily the other CB's chose less amount of money so we can offer up 13million. Same goes for Thomas, he should get the highest amount for his position & Wilson 18-20million. These three guys are our future! Keep them happy!

edogg23

Reaction score
When is the last time PC/JS put a corner on the field that wasn't capable? We will be fine either way.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
edogg23":3inap0zs said:
When is the last time PC/JS put a corner on the field that wasn't capable? We will be fine either way.

Kinda easy for other CB to shine while playing opposite a shutdown CB and the #1 FS who is able to cheat toward your side because the strongside is covered. Even so, Browner and Trufant were burned plenty in our system.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
R - E - $ - P - E - ¢ - T

FIND OUT WHAT "IT" (MONEY) MEANS TO ME...

R - E - $ - P - E - ¢ - T

TAKE CARE OF YOUR ...BEST "C B"

misfit

Reaction score
Too many fans trying to reinvent the wheel in this thread

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":xrkk3h5b said:
irfuben32":xrkk3h5b said:
volsunghawk":xrkk3h5b said:
(and by the way, I agree that Maxwell is no slouch, but I think you're underestimating what Sherman gives us... the only points we allowed in the SB were on Maxwell, and the Broncos never even bothered to test Sherman)

The only thing I would say about that is that Manning didn't start lighting the Hawks up after Sherman went out with the ankle.

I loooooove Sherman. He is a great player, person, teammate and personality... BUUUUUUT I am not sure you can sustain success dropping 13 million on a cornerback.

If he's the best CB in the league, you pay to keep him. It's as simple as that. You go cheap in depth and in less important positions.

I simply don't understand why people are so hesitant about paying to keep the guys we have who rank as best in the damn league at their positions.

Sure you do. Seahawks fans want to get someone who'll help them win a Super Bo...

Oh. Right. Seahawks fans are this way because they A)they don't really trust Schneider and B) they haven't paid attention to this very, very minor detail (TJH gets a black star for not thinking here (not that his knee-jerk reaction is to get rid of Sherman)): the salary cap is expected to rise by another 8-18 million next year. Might be a significant detail, though. I don't know.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":3u263an6 said:
I'd rather bend the brims of my hats than replace Sherman with Maxwell.
Ok, Thowdown just threw down ladies and gents. I've already said my piece upthread and it's nice to see the smart people repeating what I already said.:)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still trying to get all the coffee off my desk that I shot out of my nose when I read that. Replace Sherm with Maxwell? I'd rather listen to country music or rap, by choice, than do that.

Smellyman

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2i41e45f said:
seadoc30":2i41e45f said:
I will be mad if anyone on the Seahawk defense is getting paid more than ET. They all know, including Sherman, that ET makes everyone look like superstar.

Chancellor and Sherman are superstars in their own right. It's not just Thomas making them look good.

Yup all 3 are quite good. Having Sherm probably helps ET more than vice versa imo.

ET really has no worries abouts Sherms side. He is more free to roam.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, they are in a great situation, and keeping it intact will be huge for this team.
ET is so damn fast, the ground he can cover is unreal.

A

Anonymous

misfit":ia0oy3mi said:
Too many fans trying to reinvent the wheel in this thread

Misfit, I find your avatar gif both offensive and distasteful, on numerous levels.

I'm allowing it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2y4yivuk said:
I'd rather bend the brims of my hats than replace Sherman with Maxwell.

If rather flatten all the brims on my hats, then burn all my hats, than replace Sherman with Maxwell.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Sherm can say what he wants coming from a 5th round underpaid and underappreciated prospect to being the best in the league. Without his mouth he might not have been as visible. I just hope he doesn't change his stance when it comes time for RW's BIG payday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":hld3tqtd said:
Donk70":hld3tqtd said:
Wish Sherman would just shut up and play football. One of these days all of it's going to bite him in the ass.
I wish some fans would take this same outlook.
LOL, I see what you did there! :th2thumbs:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3pgir9xd said:
Yeah I don't know if he's worth 13m a year. Being Honest.

What teams have won a superbowl with a 13m a year CB? and What would his tag number be? Less than 12 obviously.

The question isn't really a fair or relevant one on a couple of levels:
1. We have basically zero data points either way on how a team would perform in that situation unless you want to count that non-guaranteed Revis contract in TB (and if you do, then yay, sample size of one).
2. The cap in previous years was always lower. The salary at the top of any and all positions is steadily going up over time with the inflation of the cap.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1gckt62q said:
Quick question.... what exactly is it that Sherman's been doing since he took over the starting role in 2011? Oh, that's right... he's been giving us a shutdown corner presence that this franchise has NEVER had. He's been showing us that he's the best CB in the league by winning and not getting paid the most. In fact, he's been getting paid peanuts in comparison to most other starting CBs in the league because he was drafted after the new CBA went into effect and was a 5th rounder. Seattle's been getting at least 2 full seasons of a guy playing at an elite level at his position, and now that he has the opportunity to get paid commensurate with what he's been delivering on the field, we get all squeamish and start downplaying him, calling him greedy?

This league used to pay rookies ridiculous amounts of money - especially those drafted in the top half of the 1st round - based on the potential they represented. The owners and fans thought it was crazy, and there's a chance that a good number of vets did, as well. So in 2011, the salaries got reined in and the logic was that rookies would be slotted into reasonable contracts, freeing up more cap room for giving lucrative new contracts to veterans who had already proven themselves. That's the league Sherman was drafted into. And he's held up his end of the deal. He has proven his worth to the Seahawks time and time again. It's time for the Seahawks to hold up their end.

Bravo, thank you.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I wish Sherm would just take the same as Earl. It's a fantasy, I know. I think most would agree, he really doesn't deserve more than Earl.

Latest posts