Sherm's Tweet

mrt144

Reaction score
Turned on the coaches definitely. On the players? That's case by case depending on what your pet cause is.

Seymour

Reaction score
Steve2222":3leq0ewj said:
hawknation2017":3leq0ewj said:
cymatica":3leq0ewj said:
If Sherman can call out Bevell during a game for his play selection then why can't the fans?

He must be spending too much time reading tweets and taking them seriously. If your goal is to get people emotionally investing into your product, then what do you expect?

For some reason, I don't think he is referring to the Bevell criticism. The offensive play calling has been an albatross that has held down the defense for years. I think Sherman has been pretty restrained in his criticism in that regard.

The defense, on the other hand, is overcoming the odds despite an incredible number of injuries. Our DC actually deserves some credit for what he has achieved. He has newcomers Griffin, Coleman, McDougald, etc. playing at a surprisingly high level.

Most of the fans are blaming Bevell and Cable and understand the D sucks because all of the injuries. So again, what's Sherman's point? He calls out Bevell too.

You are wasting your time

AKNFidel

Reaction score
10 win season? Last I checked we are at 9 and the last game is certainly no gimme, even at home.

I also can appreciate all the hard work the players put in, but without the results to back up those efforts, then all was for not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
He's entitled to his opinion and he's never been shy about sharing it. I love the guy in general, but he needs to shut up at times.

I see average offensive coaching and play calling...that includes Cabevell, whoever the hell the RB guy is etc.

I see poor drafting and personnel moves over the past four years or so. I see a piss poor offensive line. I see 136 yards of total offense.

The defense has done pretty well all things considered, but still...Bennett...42 points last week...

Most fans appreciate the run of success. I don't think any team besides the Patriots has been as successful over the past five or six years. Maybe the Steelers.. That doesn't excuse the underachievements since September of 2015...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2yj0upel said:
One of the longest runs of domination in the Super Bowl era and people are dissatisfied. Gotta agree with him.
1 Super bowl isnt domination baby. The Cowboys and 49ers had better runs in the 90s

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sherman has turned on plenty.

Hypocrite and another example of the rot from inside that has been decimating the team since the SB loss...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1k6t0nh3 said:
Sherman has turned on plenty.

Hypocrite and another example of the rot from inside that has been decimating the team since the SB loss...

And I say that as a fan who feels he was for 3-5 seasons among the most dominant to ever play his position.

If he stays w/us fine, but if he's done as a Hawk I'm OK w/that too...

NJlargent

Reaction score
The team needs to worry about getting ready to play and not worry about tweeting. Maybe more focus and we would have beaten the redskins.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Anthony!":1jxl7wxx said:
Sherman has a point, I dont think some here understand how hard it is to do what they have done. You can call NE the measuring stick all you want, but 10+ wins 6 years in a row is still a huge thing. Perhaps we should start appreciating it more.

We had dynasty talks not three years ago and now we're happy with 10 win seasons. When you up the antie with dynasty talks, 10 win seasons missing out on the playoffs is indeed disappointing. But cool, let's be content with just being an above average team.

trharder

Reaction score
Seymour":uwjnqd16 said:
cymatica":uwjnqd16 said:
Jville":uwjnqd16 said:
cymatica":uwjnqd16 said:
If Sherman can call out Bevell during a game for his play selection then why can't the fans?

He must be spending too much time reading tweets and taking them seriously. If your goal is to get people emotionally investing into your product, then what do you expect?

There is a the huge difference between participants on the field and sideline interacting in the heat of a contest and that of any gaggle of spectators engaged in speculation and supposition from a far.

Your right, if that's all it was. He then proceeded to tell the media, after the game, that Bevell shouldn't call a goaline pass play, bringing up 49. He is the last player to be lecturing fans.

Exactly. Those here with selective memory want to re-write history that that never happened. Sherman has attacked Wilson, Pete, Richard, and Bevell. He is being a hypocrite plain and simple as that.

Yep. And also threatened a local journalist. The only thing missing from his post was saying us fans know nothing about football. If Sherm can generally berate fans as if we are all doing the things he accuses us of, then we can point back to the specific documented examples of him actually doing the same thing, which he never apologized for. BTW, I think this tweet was done in support of ET's antics in the opposing team's locker room.

DrDix

Reaction score
Lol at the people saying "Wow what a guy Sherm is, he's 100 right! How dare people have opinions on the team they put hours of effort into caring about! Completely ungrateful and not a real fan at all!"

Just beyond stupid. In case you missed it, you can be a fan without having rose colored glasses on! You can be a fan while critisizing the team or various aspects of it. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the team, or appreciate the players putting themselves on the line, or the wins. I very much do. However, I am not going to be willingly blind because this team was mediocre for years before I was even born and "just enjoy this." Competition is about winning and having fun and much of this season has not been either of those things with clear issues.

Next week I want the Seahawks to win and Falcons to lose just as much as anyone, just like I believe when this season is all said and done changes need to be made. That doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone here.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
He's referring to the unnecessary vitriol sent to players, not intelligent criticism.

gettyimages-463873923.jpg

Grateful for Richard Sherman. Go Hawks!

NJlargent

Reaction score
Steve2222":bo3a3rda said:
Anthony!":bo3a3rda said:
Sherman has a point, I dont think some here understand how hard it is to do what they have done. You can call NE the measuring stick all you want, but 10+ wins 6 years in a row is still a huge thing. Perhaps we should start appreciating it more.

We had dynasty talks not three years ago and now we're happy with 10 win seasons. When you up the antie with dynasty talks, 10 win seasons missing out on the playoffs is indeed disappointing. But cool, let's be content with just being an above average team.

That’s what we do though. Predict 13 win seasons with HFA and then get excited over 9-10 wins. The same kumbaya mentality fostered by the coaching staff.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawknation2017":80im1bea said:
He's referring to the unnecessary vitriol sent to players, not intelligent criticism.

If that's what he's referring to than yeah more power to him. Again, every single fanbase has idiot fans like this and it's best to just ignore them instead of mentioning them. That's how they become legitimized.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Steve2222":3i3vp6lf said:
Anthony!":3i3vp6lf said:

Well said.

BamKam

Reaction score
NJlargent":2exiq6dg said:
Steve2222":2exiq6dg said:
Anthony!":2exiq6dg said:

That’s what we do though. Predict 13 win seasons with HFA and then get excited over 9-10 wins. The same kumbaya mentality fostered by the coaching staff.

Exactly. No one is saying pointing out what ET did was not a good move is fine. Its the "ROFL he can get out if he doesn't like it we pay the bills he makes so much money!!" crowd (also know as 12s) who are being beyond irrational.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
trharder":xhygl6b0 said:
Seymour":xhygl6b0 said:
cymatica":xhygl6b0 said:
Jville":xhygl6b0 said:
There is a the huge difference between participants on the field and sideline interacting in the heat of a contest and that of any gaggle of spectators engaged in speculation and supposition from a far.

Your right, if that's all it was. He then proceeded to tell the media, after the game, that Bevell shouldn't call a goaline pass play, bringing up 49. He is the last player to be lecturing fans.

Exactly. Those here with selective memory want to re-write history that that never happened. Sherman has attacked Wilson, Pete, Richard, and Bevell. He is being a hypocrite plain and simple as that.

Yep. And also threatened a local journalist. The only thing missing from his post was saying us fans know nothing about football. If Sherm can generally berate fans as if we are all doing the things he accuses us of, then we can point back to the specific documented examples of him actually doing the same thing, which he never apologized for. BTW, I think this tweet was done in support of ET's antics in the opposing team's locker room.
Poor poor Jim Moore...... :sarcasm_off:
If Jim Moore is “a journalist” I’m Pablo Picasso and I have problems drawing stick figures!
Jim Moore is a POS radio hack that earned Sherm’s rath and deserved more IMHO.
The only way Jim Moore is a victim is if it’s of his own poor decisions and piss poor interview skills.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2017":evtiw1it said:

That went over the heads of the “Moore-on’s“ and Bevell fanboys, sadly.
Without Sherm there isnt a Lombardi in the trophy case.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
semiahmoo":aaiyvw1c said:
Steve2222":aaiyvw1c said:
Anthony!":aaiyvw1c said:

Well said. A fan who agrees to be grateful for maybe getting 10 wins in a season is no real fan...

You all realize that we -fans- can choose to complain, criticize, second-guess, hand-wring, etc. to no end, and it amounts to diddly-squat, right?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
The problem is social media, and the players deserve a share of the blame for not tuning it out. 20 years ago, they would rarely hear vitriol to this level, except maybe by some random drunk guy in a bar. Now it's coming at them almost every hour of every day. Had to be said, and I'm glad it was.

Latest posts