Sky is Falling.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
xray":2ycqk6n4 said:
Pay attention kids it fell along time ago. :irishdrinkers:

Really?

Last year the team had a winning record, although they missed the playoffs. Is that what you are focusing upon? JThere is still the core of of a strong team here. Injury bug sucks at present but in my mind the sky is just fine.

When did the sky fall oh great nabob of the nadir?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2aenh7hu said:
I'll play-

Front Office - I think John Schneider is one of the most overrated GM's in the game. I'm not going to come out and say he's downright horrible, but he's not near as good as most Seahawk fans think. Its been about 5 years since we had a good draft and some of his free agent signings for cash and draft picks are just infuriating. Its not a coincidence that the drafts started falling off the cliff once Pete's familiarity with the college classes ended.

Coaching - Pete isn't a good game day coach. Just last weekend he did things that just make you sit there with your mouth open. Dissly had 100 yards and a TD in the 1st half and wasn't used in the 2nd half? WTF? Carson averaged 7 ypc and you only run him 7 times? This is coming from a coach that says he wants to get back to running the ball. Again, WTF? Its a disturbing pattern. I have always thought he needed the best and most talent to be successful and we don't have that now. I truly believe he will step down in 2020 after his contract is up.

QB - Still don't understand the fans that are down on Russ. He is the best QB that the Seahawks have ever had. Sure, he's not Rodgers and cant throw with Brees, but he offers his own set of abilities that sets him apart. Any other QB behind our line the past few years would have had a funeral procession already. He works hard and studies the game and I believe he has been hamstrung by bad coaching and bad Oline play for years now. Yeah, he's slowing down some, but I have no doubt that he'll learn to adapt as time goes on.

RB - Carson is just alright in my opinion. Sadly, we haven't seen enough of him on field to gauge him any further than that. He's never even had a 100 yard rushing game yet. He definitely looks better than whoever else we have, but that's not hard to do. Penny is an enigma. I was actually ok with the draft pick although I understood the people who weren't. He was a stud in college and why not take a chance with him? We actually need a star RB and we tried. Granted he's only played one game, but he hasent looked good since he's gotten here. I'll give him some more time. Honestly, speaking of RB's, the Seahawks decline started when Lynch regressed. It wasn't the defense or the QB or anything else. It was Lynch. Pete's philosophy doesn't work unless you have somebody like Lynch back there that can get yards after the carry. Others have tried and they have failed. In 2015, Pete and Bevell had a revelation and opened up the offense with Rawls and we looked awesome. 2016 comes around and its right back to the drawing board with Pete thinking we had Lynch back there again. Urgh.

WR - Baldwins a #2 or #3 slot receiver that's been pretending to be our #1 for years. He balls hard and I love the guy, but he isn't a #1. What do we do with him with his contract coming up? I don't know. People have stated that our WR corp has been average for years and I agree. They struggle at times to get separation, but most NFL corps are the same. I wish we had a play maker in the lineup like Brown, Green, or Odel but who doesn't? If an NFL team can get away with being average at any position group, its the WR's in my opinion,,,,,and we are.

TE - The Graham project was a nightmare as we all know. I wasn't happy with the Dissly pick, but he went nuts in his 1st game so we'll have to wait and see with him. Vannett's a bust in my opinion and Dickson is a dinosaur. it is what it is.

Oline - Could the last few years be any worse than what we were/are? Is it Cables fault? Did he really have enough input that the FO passed on so many lineman in the drafts? Did he really teach them to be that awful with technique and so forth? I'm not sure yet. They still look horrible under Solari which makes me think they are, but its early. I'll reserve judgement a little later. just awful though.

Defense - I'm tired so i'll bunch them all together. We are as shallow as any team in the NFL in my opinion. The line got pushed around in Denver which made their RB's look good, we have a poor pass rush, our linebackers are all hurt, but KJ and Wagner are awesome when healthy. They are getting older though. The LOB is gone and that hurts. I didn't agree with getting rid of Sherman, but he and Pete were at odds. Kam got hurt. Earl is still one of the best safties in the league, but he wants out. Anyways, the players let go were replaced with worse players and that's why the defense isn't very good. Will it be? I'm not sure to be honest.

Special Teams - Walsh was a nightmare and we followed that up with another kicker that's causing night sweats. Why is it so hard? Dickson is the best draft pick the FO has made in years. Sad when you look forward to watching the punter.

All in all, I think the team is in trouble. Not just this season, but going forward. I have no confidence in Pete to turn it around or to coach them out of this regression. Thanks for the memories, but I feel its time to move on while we still have a franchise QB in the prime of his career.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are talking about repeating the same mistakes, not everything this team does wrong.

As for the question:

Do Other Teams Do This? Sure. Lots of teams in the bottom half make mistakes like this.

Do Championship Teams? No.

Do Playoff Teams? Sometimes. But not the good ones. Though to be fair, we have not been a good playoff team in almost half a decade.

I have accepted our FO tends to overpay in trades and is often terrible at making them. And that 3 out of 4 decisions for a FA and ANY pricey FA will result in : #1 overpaying the FA #2 the FA being near worthless

Sure lots of FOs do this. But not the good ones.
At the root, the problem with this team is that it is very good at thinking outside the box. But it is terrible at thinking in it.

We constantly do things to be better, when we just need to be good. We swing for the fences when we need base hits.

Hitting home runs is fine, shooting for a homerun when 3 guys are on base with 1 out? That is just stupid.

But the philosophy to always shoot for the stars is screwing us.

Just remember, this is a team that cut the LS and signed some guy off the street that sucked because he was more athletic for kick coverage. Which led to our kicker constantly missing kicks, losing our kicker, signing a terrible kicker who then lost us a bunch of games. That one stupid decision with Nowak damaged our playoff chances for years. But it was a pointlessly stupid move to get an advantage we didn't need that damaged our ability to do something we did need (that we were fine at). But this kind of pointless 'getting cute' for a minor advantage that creates a big weakness? That is Pete since USC.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2sezr2h0 said:
We are talking about repeating the same mistakes, not everything this team does wrong.

As for the question:

Do Other Teams Do This? Sure. Lots of teams in the bottom half make mistakes like this.

Do Championship Teams? No.

Do Playoff Teams? Sometimes. But not the good ones. Though to be fair, we have not been a good playoff team in almost half a decade.

I have accepted our FO tends to overpay in trades and is often terrible at making them. And that 3 out of 4 decisions for a FA and ANY pricey FA will result in : #1 overpaying the FA #2 the FA being near worthless

Sure lots of FOs do this. But not the good ones.
At the root, the problem with this team is that it is very good at thinking outside the box. But it is terrible at thinking in it.

We constantly do things to be better, when we just need to be good. We swing for the fences when we need base hits.

Hitting home runs is fine, shooting for a homerun when 3 guys are on base with 1 out? That is just stupid.

But the philosophy to always shoot for the stars is screwing us.

Just remember, this is a team that cut the LS and signed some guy off the street that sucked because he was more athletic for kick coverage. Which led to our kicker constantly missing kicks, losing our kicker, signing a terrible kicker who then lost us a bunch of games. That one stupid decision with Nowak damaged our playoff chances for years. But it was a pointlessly stupid move to get an advantage we didn't need that damaged our ability to do something we did need (that we were fine at). But this kind of pointless 'getting cute' for a minor advantage that creates a big weakness? That is Pete since USC.

Now I know a lot can say this just being negative but honestly this is a very good analysis of our team. Seriously, we changed the OFC and yet we still see the same 3 and out bullshit. This is a real problem that needs to be fixed. There is no creative coaching on offensive or defense. There is no creativity to making pressure on the QB, why?

Now I'm not calling for Pete or JCs head but this is really staring to become, same shit different day. You can keep bringing up 2012-2014 but that is it. This is a business and I do not think it is overreaching to demand results.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Holy Cow, what hyperbolic negativity. Just b/c the team loses a few overpaid stars who were locker room cancers. The championship D is aging out and there will need to be changes. Suddenly the sky is falling, what rubbish. Imagine being fans of Detroit or Cleveland, Tampa, or a few others. Imagine a couple of Ws in a row and you’ll be singing a different tune. The team has had a winning record in every season but one since

No faith, whatever? I could care less no team except the Patriots wins every season. They have the worst division in football to compete against and are usually guaranteed 6 divisional Ws/season against their division who regularly are amongst the worst teams in football.

The team has been on the edge of greatness since 2012 until the loss in XLIX which fractured the locker room . Pete certainly screwed up by not living his motto, Hopefully the lesson was learned and once the team has cap clarity, next year, there will be some positive and hopefully significant changes. We need to have patience but keep the faith b/c the roster here is whole lot better than the Negative Nellies will acknowledge. Believe what you want but come back and fess up if at the efnd of the year thinks are still bad in your view.

The present injury situation is certainly nothing that is helping but thankfully it is early and hopefully won’t continue spiralling.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
jammerhawk":28b0bq6m said:
Holy Cow, what hyperbolic negativity. Just b/c the team loses a few overpaid stars who were locker room cancers. The championship D is aging out and there will need to be changes. Suddenly the sky is falling, what rubbish. Imagine being fans of Detroit or Cleveland, Tampa, or a few others. Imagine a couple of Ws in a row and you’ll be singing a different tune. The team has had a winning record in every season but one since

No faith, whatever? I could care less no team except the Patriots wins every season. They have the worst division in football to compete against and are usually guaranteed 6 divisional Ws/season against their division who regularly are amongst the worst teams in football.

The team has been on the edge of greatness since 2012 until the loss in XLIX which fractured the locker room . Pete certainly screwed up by not living his motto, Hopefully the lesson was learned and once the team has cap clarity, next year, there will be some positive and hopefully significant changes. We need to have patience but keep the faith b/c the roster here is whole lot better than the Negative Nellies will acknowledge. Believe what you want but come back and fess up if at the efnd of the year thinks are still bad in your view.

The present injury situation is certainly nothing that is helping but thankfully it is early and hopefully won’t continue spiralling.

Fine, can we stop with the 3 and outs? All I ask.

Elemas

Reaction score
Can't say much more than what's already been said.
Thinking we'll be 0-2 after Monday night. Hoping for 9-7 (minimum). Wouldn't be surprised to see a 7-9...maybe less.

I'll still be glued to the T.V. Taking the fam to Detroit near the end of October to watch the Hawks take on the Lions (we live in Dayton, Ohio). We love the Seahawks regardless...

But I also think you have to be a realist. There are a lot of holes on this team. The mass exodus of pro-bowl caliber players didn't help. And as much as I hope to see Penny tear it up, I'm still confused (yet...excited) about the recent draftees. I mean, looking forward to see what our punter does each week as you anticipate a 3 & out each offensive possession is hard to put into perspective (Dickson is incredible btw!!).

It makes you wonder how some of the other teams manage to A. attract talent and B. keep them. Is their management or vision that much better? Why do we do things like...not run Carson more last game? Why is Ifedi still around? Are we really not trying to keep ET?

Overall, and all considering, I'm happy with this team and excited. As a fan, you can't expect to win them all. I just want them to be competitive and hopefully squeak out a few playoff runs while some of the core are still intact (Russ, Baldwin, B-wags, etc..).

There are a lot of far worse teams out there. Being a Hawks fan for several decades, it doesn't feel like the sky is falling but I'm not expecting a SB (or even a playoff) win anytime soon.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1xstjnop said:
We need to have patience but keep the faith b/c the roster here is whole lot better than the Negative Nellies will acknowledge. Believe what you want but come back and fess up if at the efnd of the year thinks are still bad in your view.

Not arguing with you as everybody has their own opinion, but where do you see the quality in the roster? We have a few good players, but I'm having a hard time seeing what your seeing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1hy46tvs said:
jammerhawk":1hy46tvs said:

Fine, can we stop with the 3 and outs? All I ask.

Look my friend, we all want to see an offensive juggernaut but until the running game shows up it will continue to struggle. Lynch made a lot of things look much better than they were and the O has been broken since he left. In reality it wasn’t that great even then. The team won with D.

If you want to point fingers I frankly believe the Pete has goofed with FAs and going big balls to try to find a magic bullet, many of the moves have failed significantly. Without a doubt the Harvin and Graham trades were ridiculously damaging to the team interm of draft value lost and new blood; and his abandonment of his philosophy to keep players he hoped would return to form or fulfil their potential instead of facing up to the reality they weren’t worth keeping over the players they released to keep them. Further the rationalizing of keeping coaches who had manifestly failed to meet the most basic of their stated objectives. Further the skewing of the draft picks through Cable/Bevell period has JS struggling to retool an OLine that has manifestly underperformed and find cap that was thrown away by stupidity in FA. Blaming JS when PC has the final word in roster matters seems to be a misallocation off blame.

I still believe this management team can rebuild this team. They have done it before, and have made many very good decisions. However, until they can get the cap back in shape and actually find a few truly capable players in the draft and have some luck in FA, things will be much as we see at present, some good and some bad. Right now things seem to in a state of significant flux and some disarray b/c of injuries, but thankfully it is early in the season and there are moves that they can make which may truly fix a few areas. Fortunately the team seems to more conservative with the recent roster moves in terms of cost and ability of the players being added.

For me, although I want to see some 3rd down conversions, I’d rather see a strong pass rush b/c it will allow the O more time on the field to try to get the 3rd down conversions. I want to see more forced 3 and outs for opponents and more QB pressures. Oh and as well better play from the OLine and at least 150 yds of rushing per game.

I’m very much still ‘All In!’ I am a lifer so perhaps I may see things with my blinkers on. However I can still see ahead pretty clearly and the future looks good.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wow this feels like Steve Harper, Whatsyurprob, and Fudd all at once again. Should be good times this season.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We made a great run with a Super Bowl title and coming feet away from a second one. Now we get to start a new chapter by building another core group of guys. It’s exciting and I’m looking forward to seeing where we’ll go with them this year and beyond.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2sw37hjm said:
King Dog":2sw37hjm said:
It's kind of hard to know what we have when everyone is injured. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show :D

I do love me some Seahawk football.
Always have, and as long as they remain the Seattle Seahawks always will.

I’m going to enjoy the show with you.

:{)

My issue here is, there is so much negativity going around.
I feel like I’m missing something.

I truly want to understand why folks are so down on our team.

I don’t really understand Xs&Os that well, so I’m hoping that a few will help me understand why they are so discouraged and disappointed.

I’m simply not able to grasp why so many are unhappy.

For me it's the draft . We had the 18th pick overall there were a few players at 18 that were highest rated in the draft at there position or close to it . What happened we traded down and took a RB with a second round grade in Penny who right now looks like a bust. This has happened with remarkable regularity the last 5 seasons . We have pissed away talent with to many trade downs bad trades and piss poor drafting. None of our problems have really been fixed at least not so far . I have lost confidence in Pete and John if things don't get better I will not continue to support them . In my opinion we should not be this bad off and we wouldn't be if they had made better decisions in the draft over these past 4 to 5 years.

xray

Reaction score
I said the sky has already fallen because it has. This is old news I know but the fall started with the LAST play of THAT super bowl. You will say that I"m living in the past but THAT play poisoned the Hawk organization and many fans, am not alone in thinking THAT play and execution destroyed what could have been a dynasty. The players on the team that day never were the same after that. They knew at the time something that most people didn't know that football politics were the reason for THAT call. Carroll really did not like Lynch but adored Wilson like many in this forum. Give Lynch the ball and win a second superbowl 100%. I would bet my house on that. Lynch would of been MVP and that would of spoiled what Carroll wanted ;which is get Wilson the MVP award. Plus Wilson had the option to change that play and didn't. The worst play call and execution in super bowl history. That team with maybe the best defense and run game lost faith and respect for Carroll and Wilson and the team started to fall apart. The Hawks should of had 3 rings by now. I have been a Hawks fan since 1976 I do want them to win but I really want Wilson and Carroll to just go away .Wilson will soon be the only player left from THAT day. He will get his next big contract and the rest of the team will languish under the weight of that. I won't live long enough to see another Seahawk super bowl. What could of been. :irishdrinkers:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
xray":pb0ban0t said:
I said the sky has already fallen because it has. This is old news I know but the fall started with the LAST play of THAT super bowl. You will say that I"m living in the past but THAT play poisoned the Hawk organization and many fans, am not alone in thinking THAT play and execution destroyed what could have been a dynasty. The players on the team that day never were the same after that. They knew at the time something that most people didn't know that football politics were the reason for THAT call. Carroll really did not like Lynch but adored Wilson like many in this forum. Give Lynch the ball and win a second superbowl 100%. I would bet my house on that. Lynch would of been MVP and that would of spoiled what Carroll wanted ;which is get Wilson the MVP award. Plus Wilson had the option to change that play and didn't. The worst play call and execution in super bowl history. That team with maybe the best defense and run game lost faith and respect for Carroll and Wilson and the team started to fall apart. The Hawks should of had 3 rings by now. I have been a Hawks fan since 1976 I do want them to win but I really want Wilson and Carroll to just go away .Wilson will soon be the only player left from THAT day. He will get his next big contract and the rest of the team will languish under the weight of that. I won't live long enough to see another Seahawk super bowl. What could of been. :irishdrinkers:

100%, huh?

LynchFumbles

RCATES

Reaction score
xray":261f49yu said:

100% agree. Every since that play Pete made it clear that this team now is about RW. Lynch said cya and this team has gotten worse every year. Like you said earlier “what could have been.” This team is not going to another SB for a long time. You should post more. Need more smart football minds on this forum. Too many blind Homers who keep buying Pete’s bs wolf tickets. The sky is indeed falling on this team. Reality will set in for most by seasons end.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RCATES":2gecrv15 said:
xray":2gecrv15 said:

100% agree. Every since that play Pete made it clear that this team now is about RW. Lynch said cya and this team has gotten worse every year. Like you said earlier “what could have been.” This team is not going to another SB for a long time. You should post more. Need more smart football minds on this forum. Too many blind Homers who keep buying Pere’s bs wolf tickets. The sky is indeed falling on this team. Reality will set in for most by seasons end.

Sadly you may be right. Hoping Paul Allen will be ready to make a big move after this season to try and accelerate the rebuilding process.

RCATES

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2vfdzy7o said:
RCATES":2vfdzy7o said:
xray":2vfdzy7o said:

100% agree. Every since that play Pete made it clear that this team now is about RW. Lynch said cya and this team has gotten worse every year. Like you said earlier “what could have been.” This team is not going to another SB for a long time. You should post more. Need more smart football minds on this forum. Too many blind Homers who keep buying Pere’s bs wolf tickets. The sky is indeed falling on this team. Reality will set in for most by seasons end.

Sadly you may be right. Hoping Paul Allen will be ready to make a big move after this season to try and accelerate the rebuilding process.

I doubt it. He will pay Wilson 30+mil and this team will be cemented irrevelant for the next 5 years.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
So, what I'm gathering is that the negative posters on here are the ones poisoned by SB49, and never got over it.

That explains a lot in how they'll view anything under PC and Russ at QB.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RCATES":2kq5erqq said:
semiahmoo":2kq5erqq said:
RCATES":2kq5erqq said:
xray":2kq5erqq said:

I doubt it. He will pay Wilson 30+mil and this team will be cemented irrevelant for the next 5 years.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

I cant take it anymore gif 7