Sky is Falling.

RCATES

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":cvk1aboz said:
So, what I'm gathering is that the negative posters on here are the ones poisoned by SB49, and never got over it.

That explains a lot in how they'll view anything under PC and Russ at QB.

You’re right bro. This team getting worse every season since and all the stories of Russ\Pete ruining this team is all bs.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2w37kleu said:
So, what I'm gathering is that the negative posters on here are the ones poisoned by SB49, and never got over it.

That explains a lot in how they'll view anything under PC and Russ at QB.
t
To be fair Pete does deserve a lot of criticism for how the team has been handled since our last Super Bowl. He took an all -time great team and dismantled it through nepotism, questionable offensive philosophy, poor trades, and poor drafts. It isn't just because of the Super Bowl call. We've been on a downward trend since 2015.

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":2rvs9e8h said:
I said the sky has already fallen because it has. This is old news I know but the fall started with the LAST play of THAT super bowl. You will say that I"m living in the past but THAT play poisoned the Hawk organization and many fans, am not alone in thinking THAT play and execution destroyed what could have been a dynasty. The players on the team that day never were the same after that. They knew at the time something that most people didn't know that football politics were the reason for THAT call. Carroll really did not like Lynch but adored Wilson like many in this forum. Give Lynch the ball and win a second superbowl 100%. I would bet my house on that. Lynch would of been MVP and that would of spoiled what Carroll wanted ;which is get Wilson the MVP award. Plus Wilson had the option to change that play and didn't. The worst play call and execution in super bowl history. That team with maybe the best defense and run game lost faith and respect for Carroll and Wilson and the team started to fall apart. The Hawks should of had 3 rings by now. I have been a Hawks fan since 1976 I do want them to win but I really want Wilson and Carroll to just go away .Wilson will soon be the only player left from THAT day. He will get his next big contract and the rest of the team will languish under the weight of that. I won't live long enough to see another Seahawk super bowl. What could of been. :irishdrinkers:

Be careful what you ask for. I agree the slide started with that play, but I do not conclude that we cannot bounce back with a rebuild. If you rid the team of either Carroll or Wilson, you rid the team of the top 2 ingredients to our 1st SB win ever. Without them we have nothing in the way of hope other than to find someone like them to try again. Huge catch 22 you are presenting and it's no wonder that you are in the minority here.

Not sure why I'm responding really, because you post and act like a troll with doubt and hate followed by cheering and no real solutions other than to can the few SB championship ingredients we have left.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets look at history, Miami Dolphins and Don Shula, perfect season, had a three headed Hydra at RB with Czonka, Kiick and Morris, the No Name defense, one of the smartest QB's in the game that was not a guy that through stats in your face but was very serviceable and decent receivers in Warfiled and Twilley in fact they had their back up Earl Morral playing a large part of the season due to Greise breaking his ankle in week 5. They also had a decent O line.

The road that train for a short while but roster turnover started, by 1975 they had started to decline, it took till 1983 for them to get back to a threat, the Seahawks beat them in the playoffs that year. By 1984 they were Marinos team, they passed and passed but never made it back to a Super Bowl, Shula w good coach and defensive genius as well never built the offense back to the balance and control it had, they were paying the offense and the defense was never as prominant as it was.

What I am saying greatness is fleeting, sometimes you forget the formula for success and or try to build things to the strength of one player and the other 52 will suffer for lack of balance and predictability. Peyton was at his best with a running game with Edgerrin James, the Colts were a power house, although they lost James and Harrison, and had a bad defense they somehow won a Super Bowl in 2006, when they catered to just Manning and the team eroded, it took a balanced team in Denver and a very good defense to get him his second ring.

Again a short window and the Colts have yet to duplicate that run with Manning and went all out in suck for Luck and are still trying to rebuild, but again they lost the formula.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm down on this specific team for this specific season because it's a rebuilding year. Depth at all positions is really bad.

Going forward, I'm concerned. I want to trust the process and trust Carroll and Schneider, but Carroll is so reluctant to change. Teams have found out how to exploit our cover 3, the change in offense is as slow as steering the Titanic.

And as a previous poster said, Baldwin is not a #1 receiver. He's an excellent slot receiver that they continue to use in a #1 role, which is a disservice to his skill set.

The future of this team depends on the next 2 draft classes. The future is not now.

If this team can start being more FLEXIBLE and stop being so stubborn *cough* coaching, then I'll raise my expectations for the future.

Also, the Rams are going to run away with this division. They're the young, hungry, hip and happening team. Right now, they're everything that we're not.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The title is wrong.

The sky is not falling. The Seahawks are just coming back down to earth.

We aren't great anymore. Just good.

But really we are just joining the rest of the pack again.

We aren't terrible. This isn't a 4 win team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3rxf74ps said:
The title is wrong.

How I feel as well

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nzsqisb said:
The title is wrong.

QBQ6

JGreen79

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3g29o8m6 said:
The title is wrong.

As long as Seattle doesnt have a Dan McGuire at QB, the sky will remain firmly in place in my opinion.

TreeRon

Reaction score
" I have been a Hawks fan since 1976 I do want them to win but I really want Wilson and Carroll to just go away ."

Can't stand that Dale Carnegie, glass half full kind of people?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
sdog1981":rsn6po4d said:
Aros":rsn6po4d said:
All I know is I have never used my Ignore feature as much as I have this year.

I can handle the skeptics and the "realists" but those perpetual noisy negativists I don't have time for in my life.

I hear you on that. There are some people here that seriously need a hug and a pat on the back. It will be ok.

A lot of people bury their head in the sand .. that’s why that’s a saying .

sc85sis

Reaction score
How can anyone claim Penny already looks like a bust when he played one preseason game and one regular season game?

toffee

Reaction score
sc85sis":519rto72 said:
How can anyone claim Penny already looks like a bust when he played one preseason game and one regular season game?

Bust? Too early to make that claim. But,

On the field, Penny has been super underwhelming up to this point, he has shown nothing. Dude reported to camp overweight, didn't show any fire, hasn't made any run or run after catch that was remotely talk-worthy. Mr. Glass has shown a lot more than him.

Off the field, I am quite sure that he didn't do anything like staying all night watching films (pal Russ by being his film mate), or talking to vets absorbing their wisdom (like Tre Flowers talking to Marshall) , or hitting the gym to loss those weight. Should he has done some of those, Pete can at least talk him up.

As a fan, I am under the impression that Penny is sort of indifferent to his weight, his failure to claim #1 RB spot, his under performing. Is he a bust? Not yet, heading the right direction? Sure ain't looking like it. I think kid has some talent, but he need to love and respect the game, treasure his opportunity .....

Can someone light a fire under his azz please?

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah and all you were saying the same things about Collins, I actually watched his tape footage and once he gets his legs under him and he can just play he is going to be fine, right now I think he is trying to learn, think on the filed and get his legs under him after sitting 5 weeks or so.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Not sure I have the right thread?
-Is this the thread that says Russell Wilson is regressing and is not an elite QB?
Or is this the give Lynch the ball!, wheels off the apple cart from there thread?
Could it be the massive injuries and the season is over in week 2 thread?
It's probably not the OLine sucks thread, but it could be I guess.
Maybe the PC & JS suck at picking up free agents and drafting, that one?
I'm tired of guessing, I just saw it was entitled "Sky is Falling".

John & Pete made the right calls on Sherm, Bennet, Richardson x2, ect. They have worked their tails off to load up to win a superbowl every day and every year they've been here. It worked once, should have worked twice, but that's not reality.
Malcolm Butler and Malcolm Smith were both just no name average players before they made iconic plays.

Your son/daughter is on the foul line shooting two in the state HS basketball championship, behind 1 point with seconds to go. If they missed both shots I'd hope you wouldn't let it eat at you forever and cry about it on a message board for all to hear. Not against debate or banter, just seems like some are still clinging to that 3rd grade soccer participation trophy. It wasn't that great when you first got it and it was a long time ago.

Bears fan's have had it rough. A fan on one of their forums said it had become a place where low-end fan's could gripe about the team and finger paint with their own poop. Let's not be like that. We have been the best and we will be better in the future. It's over. Let it go. Whats next?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
I was anti pete from the jump , he proved me wrong and won a bowl. Forever greatfull. But I won’t forgive him for dismantling one of the best teams EVER assembled. I’ve been a fan of the Seahawks and Seahawks alone my whole entire life. My all time favorite qb is Jon kitna, so no I’m not “spoiled” we had a legit chance at a three peat. I can’t and won’t forgive pete for this. That doesn’t make me less of a fan than the guys who think this team is a lineman away from glory. I believe pete is done. Russ is savable but I think he needs a new coach, one who will force him to get better, not endorse sandlot football. I hope we win em all but I don’t think we win more than 6 games

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":36w3qrtn said:
The title is wrong.

It’s not wrong when you actually read the first line of the post.

The Sky is falling.

Who’s in?

:{)

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1hwkn0k4 said:
Yeah and all you were saying the same things about Collins, I actually watched his tape footage and once he gets his legs under him and he can just play he is going to be fine, right now I think he is trying to learn, think on the filed and get his legs under him after sitting 5 weeks or so.

Sure hope that you are right.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":174hbto9 said:
I was anti pete from the jump , he proved me wrong and won a bowl. Forever greatfull. But I won’t forgive him for dismantling one of the best teams EVER assembled. I’ve been a fan of the Seahawks and Seahawks alone my whole entire life. My all time favorite qb is Jon kitna, so no I’m not “spoiled” we had a legit chance at a three peat. I can’t and won’t forgive pete for this. That doesn’t make me less of a fan than the guys who think this team is a lineman away from glory. I believe pete is done. Russ is savable but I think he needs a new coach, one who will force him to get better, not endorse sandlot football. I hope we win em all but I don’t think we win more than 6 games

I really liked Jon too. Really thought he was going to be our guy but it just didn't happen. Really enjoyed the progression of our team during the early 00's (aughts) though. Glad we got to have Matt Hasslebeck.