So, has any else noticed....

Maulbert

Reaction score
That really quietly, in spite of the Giants awful season, Eli is having the best across the board statistical season of his career? Seriously. On the verge of his 2nd 30 TD season, another 4000 yards, career high in completion percentage, and his best passer rating. He's thrown fewer Ints than his big brother, less than half of his total last year. I'm kind of surprised. I thought he might be washed up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Considering how mediocre his career numbers are, it's not a very high bar to clear, frankly; but I was expecting considerable improvement from last year, to be honest. He's certainly not a BAD quarterback.

irocdave

Reaction score
Eli is the King of "throw it to an area and hope". Hope is not a strategy. Eli Manning sucks, always has and always will unless his receivers bail him out.

irocdave

Reaction score
Imagine being the sap that pushed for Eli to be the "halo athlete" to promote your over priced watch. Ahhhaah. Bet that dude was out of a job 4 years ago.

themunn

Reaction score
Giants could be quite tasty on offense next year with Cruz, Beckham and Williams/Jennings at rb.

Watching OBJ play is an absolute treat. Must be nice picking high in the draft.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
themunn":1lpznzyf said:
Giants could be quite tasty on offense next year with Cruz, Beckham and Williams/Jennings at rb.

Watching OBJ play is an absolute treat. Must be nice picking high in the draft.
Tasty?

pehawk

Reaction score
I figure we look at Eli the same way some of the nation sees Russell; we don't get it. Just a hunch though.

I had no idea his stats turned out so well. Regardless, I still think that offense is a very odd fit. My guess is it was a way to reign in the mistakes a bit..."training wheels" for Eli.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Eli was struggling like hell with a new offense, but they returned to going vertical and Beckham got over his hamstring.
Eli is still a gambler. Beckham has opened up the passing game for him and every other receiver. It isn't smart to single cover the kid.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
pehawk":3ej3gsc5 said:
I figure we look at Eli the same way some of the nation sees Russell; we don't get it. Just a hunch though.

I had no idea his stats turned out so well. Regardless, I still think that offense is a very odd fit. My guess is it was a way to reign in the mistakes a bit..."training wheels" for Eli.

lol no I get it....it took Eli 5 years...5 years!!!!! To get above a 90 passer rating in a season and he STILL doesnt have a 100+ QB rating in ANY season.. He has 3 seasons over a 90 QB rating in 11 years and has never even passed 95 Qb rating so its the low 90s. that is just downright embarrassing not to mention he is a turnover machine.

In his first 3 years he had 44 INTS..and he only played 9 games the first year so in 2 1/2 seasons basically.

The fact that i have seen people mention him as going into the HOF is a complete joke..if eli gets into the HOF than the HOF obv isnt that special anymore. His Career QB rating is 82.5

Compare him to Wilson and well...its just not even fair.

Took Eli until his 6 year to get more PASSING TDs (27) than Wilson had in either of his first 2 seasons (26)

Wilson had 100+ Qb rating twice allready something Eli has NEVER done..In fact if it stands..All of Wilsons years will be better than ANY Eli has had going by QB rating...that is just sad.

Eli has thrown 20+ picks 3 times in his Career, Wilson has never thrown more than 10 picks in a season

To top it all off..Wilson has the most wins EVER for a QB in his first 3 years.

Eli DOES have one more ring on Wilson but Wilson got his during his second year...Eli got his in 4 years and his second 4 years after that in his 8th year.

253hawk

Reaction score
Peyton has 2 more INT's than Eli this year. :lol:

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
He has thrown the most yards of any QB the Hawks played this year, 276 yards if I remember. And that was when the team was starting to heat up. Eli is a solid but not spectacular QB. And Odell Beckham is going to give him some nice stats in the next few years.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":36l7dqvy said:
Eli has inflated numbers because they didn't play the NFC West this year.

Uhhhh, yeah they did. The Hawks and the rest of the NFC West played Dallas, Philly, Wash, and NYG. We went 3-1 against NFC East.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2uhrrye1 said:
Eli has inflated numbers because they didn't play the NFC West this year.

Eli vs. NFC West last season: 0 TD, 5 Int
Eli vs. NFC West this season: 7 TD, 8 Int

If you take out those numbers:

2013: 18 TD, 22 Int
2014: 22 TD, 5 Int

Yeah, you're right. The NFC West did inflate his numbers. THIS YEAR. I might add, That's 1 game in '13 and 4 games in '14. You can't deny his numbers are better this year.

kearly

Reaction score
As others have said, a lot of it has to do with Beckham.

NINEster

Reaction score
Eli is neither as great as the Giants' fans purport him to be (circa 2011/2012), or as bad as everyone else likes to say he is (NFL fans since 2004, esp. lately).

An interesting comparison between the two is how much tougher Eli is than his brother. Anything less than the tough SOB that he was in 2011 and the 49ers go to the Super Bowl that year. He took a beating and survived.

I don't think he would have ever folded in the SB like his brother did. He would have done more I think.

Having said that, he does need some semblance of good receivers to make things happen. In that regard his brother is still better than him.

But if you give both QBs legitimate OLs, RBs, and WRs, defense, etc. Eli concerns me more than Peyton.

pehawk

Reaction score
I remember getting so much grief, on this site, by predicting Eli will finish than more rings than his brother. So much grief. But, it was easy to foretell watching the two in college.

Latest posts