So who ends up trading for Sherman

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, because Moore is a tool, that makes it ok for Sherman to tell him he's going to ruin his career and then say it never happened. Even though everyone heard it, and many saw it happen. But yeah, that's ok, because Moore is a tool.
Sherman acted like a 5 year old spoiled baby, and then continued to say it was a "privilege" to have him talk.
It's time for him to get over himself. Here's an idea Sherm, play ball and shut your pie hole for once in your life. You're too good of a player to be acting like this. You're getting paid a massive salary to do your job, which you do well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":1jyszxj0 said:
Like Moore or not his question was fair and Shermans response was embarrassing. I don't think he gets traded and hope that he doesn't. I just hope he comes in to this year focused on football and doesn't bring any drama to the team. I have no problem with him getting after players on other teams but stop fighting with players and coaches on your own team. Winning cures all
I respectfully disagree with everything you said except your last sentence.

Moore's question was an ambush question. He was stating his opinion as fact, and then asked Sherman to respond to it.

Very unprofessional and dickish. You can call Sherm's response the same but outside of threating to pull Jimmy's press privledges (which Sherm has no power to do) it was completely warranted IMHO. Moore is obviously still smarting over the "red ass" that Sherm gave him and is stilll butthurt over it but his unprofessionalism brought it upon himself.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tool or not, Sherm CHOSE to act like a 5 year old in response. His act is long since getting old. He acts like he's smarter and better than everyone he talks to in the media. Yes, the media sucks most of the time, but it doesn't excuse how he acts. We get it already Sherm, you went to Stanford, we should all bow to you for it. You're smarter than everyone, we get it. You have NEVER made a mistake on the field, we get it. You are smarter than the coaches, we get it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12rpx1k7 said:
So, because Moore is a tool, that makes it ok for Sherman to tell him he's going to ruin his career and then say it never happened. Even though everyone heard it, and many saw it happen. But yeah, that's ok, because Moore is a tool.
Sherman acted like a 5 year old spoiled baby, and then continued to say it was a "privilege" to have him talk.
It's time for him to get over himself. Here's an idea Sherm, play ball and shut your pie hole for once in your life.
See my response above to another post.

Moore was an unprofessional troll that day. He wasn't the only "5 year old in the room that day".
....and to this day Moore keeps acting like a 5 year old on his crappy little radio show.

Moore more than earned that "red ass" he recieved that day and is only a victim of his own stupidity and unprofessionalism.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They BOTH acted like idiots. But magically, Sherm is above it. Agree to disagree.
And he's still one of my favorite players, and I hope he stays at least a couple more years. I don't have to like and/or accept how he is acting as no big deal etc. I guess I just miss the days where guys played ball and didn't tell us how great they are, over and over again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The biggest problem is that Sherman's act is starting to wear on other players. Pete has to do something about it because other guys are going to start to see what they can get away with, and that running his mouth in the media how gotten Sherman paid. Pete engenders a fairly free and easy environment, but it takes some maintenance to keep guys from damaging the team.

As for the trade, I highly doubt anyone will trade for him before the draft. There's too many good CB's in the draft and almost anyone can get a guy in the 1st round. That said if a team were to do it, it would be with the last half of the 1st round....as the first 3 guys or so are about as sure a thing as you see out of college. After that it's no guarantee, and the 1st for a sure thing in Sherman makes more sense.

If teams wait until they lose out on their guy this draft, then want to trade for Sherman, I'm not sure how the Hawks play that. Is it more important to get rid of Sherman and get value for him, or is it more important to have that experience and leadership in the secondary for one more year while he helps coach up any new draft picks and our younger depth?

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":a69d79ix said:

You need to remember that not everyone was taught or even believes that 2 wrongs don't make a right. For them, this is SOP and they can justify by simply saying..."he did it first".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20xshgs4 said:
Moore more than earned that "red ass" he recieved that day and is only a victim of his own stupidity and unprofessionalism.

This is too harsh for me, I'd like my team leaders to have more composure than what Sherman showed.

Even if a reporter is being a smart ass or goading a player, he should have the composure to not let his emotions turn that into what happened.

And to double down on it months later saying no one really heard what was said? It's on tape Richard, everyone heard you bully Moore. So why go there? Now Richard's just flat out lying about the whole thing, when all he needed to do is say "yeah I shouldn't have said what I said, moving on." Irritating that Sherman can never just be contrite.

randomation

Reaction score
One option I saw that was interesting if a trade has to happen is a first a fifth and BMax from the dolphins

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zdu670cc said:
Sports Hernia":zdu670cc said:

This is too harsh for me, I'd like my team leaders to have more composure than what Sherman showed.

Even if a reporter is being a smart ass or goading a player, he should have the composure to not let his emotions turn that into what happened.

And to double down on it months later saying no one really heard what was said? It's on tape Richard, everyone heard you bully Moore. So why go there? Now Richard's just flat out lying about the whole thing, when all he needed to do is say "yeah I shouldn't have said what I said, moving on." Irritating that Sherman can never just be contrite.
To each his own then, but Moore isnt the special innocent little snowflake you insist he is IMHO.

Also Sherm isnt the only one in the Seahawks org that isn't contrite, but I'll leave that one alone for now.

Maybe I'm just a Richard Cranium for thinkingnthis but Sherm yelling at the 2 he did didn't bother me, both had it coming IMHO, as I have ZERO respect for either....... sorry to all that disagree, but that's my opinion.

Could be worse I guess, Sherm could be out beating up his own mom (Dez Bryant), beating up his girlfriend/wife (Greg Hardy, Ray Rice), Have Multiple DWI (Aldon Smith) Partying himself out of the league (Johnny Footbal),
Just doesnt give a crap about winning because I just got paid (Aaron Curry) etc etc etc.

.....but we should trade a guy who's PO'ed they are not winning enough, who's led the NFL in picks during the timespan he's been in the league for a draft pick, because he yelled at a coach and a reporter and hurt their feelings. :roll:

Sherm is rough around the edges and too prideful no doubt, and at times needs to stop talking.
But the minute he stops talking to the media, the media and his critics (Moore, O'Neill, Softy, and the rest of the clowns) will be throwing tantrums about that as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
randomation":15d98ptq said:
One option I saw that was interesting if a trade has to happen is a first a fifth and BMax from the dolphins
Clayton shot that one down today as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":269lunwv said:
Sports Hernia":269lunwv said:

To each his own then, but Moore isnt the special innocent little snowflake you insist he is IMHO.

Also Sherm isnt the only one in the Seahawks org that isn't contrite, but I'll leave that one alone for now.

Maybe I'm just a Richard Cranium for thinkingnthis but Sherm yelling at the 2 he did didn't bother me, both had it coming IMHO, as I have ZERO respect for either....... sorry to all that disagree, but that's my opinion.

Could be worse I guess, Sherm could be out beating up his own mom (Dez Bryant), beating up his girlfriend/wife (Greg Hardy, Ray Rice), Have Multiple DWI (Aldon Smith) Partying yourself out of the league (Johnny Footbal),
Just doesnt give a crap about winning because I just got paid (Aaron Curry) etc etc etc.

.....but we should trade a guy who's PO'ed they are not winning enough, who's led the NFL in picks during the timespan he's been in the league for a draft pick, because he yelled at a coach and a reporter and hurt their feelings. :roll:

Sherm is rough around the edges and too prideful no doubt, and at times needs to stop talking.
But the minute he stops talking to the media, the media and his critics (Moore, O'Neill, Softy, and the rest of the clowns) will start throwing tantrums about that as well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Seattle trades one of their late thirds and Sherman for Cleveland's first pick in the second round and one of their three fifths.

randomation

Reaction score
nanomoz":3kl6e1jm said:
Seattle trades one of their late thirds and Sherman for Cleveland's first pick in the second round and one of their three fifths.

Even without us giving them a third that wouldn't be acceptable.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sports Hernia":3d1eae0b said:
Sgt. Largent":3d1eae0b said:
Sports Hernia":3d1eae0b said:

Could be worse I guess, Sherm could be out beating up his own mom (Dez Bryant), beating up his girlfriend/wife (Greg Hardy, Ray Rice), Have Multiple DWI (Aldon Smith) Partying himself out of the league (Johnny Footbal),

But the minute he stops talking to the media, the media and his critics (Moore, O'Neill, Softy, and the rest of the clowns) will be throwing tantrums about that as well.

Great damn post.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If Sherm continues with this line of behavior, he'll be viewed similar to Randy Moss -- talented as all getup, but never able to stick with an organization long term due to his surly attitude. But that's off the field. On it, he can be as mad as a bull seeing red for all I care. We want that type of edginess.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Like I have stated previously, I believe Sherman will be traded draft day. Another scenario I've been running through my head lately though is that this entire off season wakes Sherman up. What if he refocuses his energy on the game and not the distractions that come along with it. I believe if he can regain that swagger he brought into the league years ago that he can still be great! Hopefully he can turn that negative energy positive and "prove" to the organization that they need him more than he needs them!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF he gets traded, would be interesting to see the predictions on where. I would go with Tennessee.
Hoping he stays though. And can you imagine this board if he doesn't show up for practice today? :lol:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3c5ko2wq said:
Sgt. Largent":3c5ko2wq said:
Sports Hernia":3c5ko2wq said:

Could be worse I guess, Sherm could be out beating up his own mom (Dez Bryant), beating up his girlfriend/wife (Greg Hardy, Ray Rice), Have Multiple DWI (Aldon Smith) Partying yourself out of the league (Johnny Footbal),

But the minute he stops talking to the media, the media and his critics (Moore, O'Neill, Softy, and the rest of the clowns) will start throwing tantrums about that as well.

The fact you think this is all happening because of a reporter is asinine.

It's very simple, Rule #1 protect the team. Nothing ever happened when Sherman tore up Crabtree, or went after Skip Bayless, or feuded with Revis or Peterson etc.

But the second he turned his fire inward is when we started to have a problem, because of Rule number 1.

You aren't protecting the team when going after your on sidelineDC, a hurt Kam on sideline, OC on sideline, doubling down on the OC in the media, Tripling down on the OC in the media again. Taking suble jabs about PC's "kumbaya" sessions in the media. etc.

If you think him and Moores interaction has anything to do with this then you simply haven't been paying attention.