So who ends up trading for Sherman

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I could see the Raiders trading for Sherman . The Lynch story isn't going away in fact it looks like the Raiders are actively negotiating with him. If they get Lynch I could see them trading for Sherman giving them one of the best players in the NFL on both sides of the ball and making a serious run in the AFC. A healthy Lynch even at his age is still a legit threat and Sherman is a top tier CB.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3b7hoisq said:
Screaming at coaches and teammates on the sidelines is just plain unacceptable. He never ONCE owned up to it, at least publically. Then that whole thing where he said he would ruin Moore's career, and flat out said it never happened. And people call Russ strange. Dude was out in left field for a good portion of the season.
Amazing player, but he is NOT a coach and not the most important player on the team. He is not above the team or the rules.

Moore's a tool and has no place in this conversation. Sherman's on the field antics are fair game and disappointing to say the least.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31gx7tlz said:
zchurch74":31gx7tlz said:
I like when Sherm is being disruptive. I'm not sure if this has already been said but back when he was telling people to keep his name out their mouths and calling other WRs mediocre we were winning and won the Super Bowl.

He has an attitude on the field. Its war out there for him. Like Montana said, prove to me its affecting his actual play on the field, then I will agree it MIGHT be time to trade.

It changed when he started pointing that rage inward on his own coaches and teammates.

Go after all the Skip Bayless's of the world you want to, but you don't turn it on your own team.
So you were cool with him giving Moore the "red ass"?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1j17lafz said:
SoulfishHawk":1j17lafz said:
Screaming at coaches and teammates on the sidelines is just plain unacceptable. He never ONCE owned up to it, at least publically. Then that whole thing where he said he would ruin Moore's career, and flat out said it never happened. And people call Russ strange. Dude was out in left field for a good portion of the season.
Amazing player, but he is NOT a coach and not the most important player on the team. He is not above the team or the rules.

Moore's a tool and has no place in this conversation. Sherman's on the field antics are fair game and disappointing to say the least.
I respectfully disagree that Moore has "no place in the conversation", he's chest deep into it due to his own BS.
I do agree that he (Moore) is a TOOL however. 8)

IrishNW

Reaction score
Sherman thinks hes bigger then this team and city. Ship him to Cleveland and shut him up. He thinks hes a dog but hes nothing more than a ego fed child.

If we let Sherman walk all over us then when does it end? I think its time for Pete to man up and prove he is willing to make the decisions he needs to.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":d0nelu7c said:
Northwest Seahawk":d0nelu7c said:
SoulfishHawk":d0nelu7c said:

I respectfully disagree that Moore has "no place in the conversation", he's chest deep into it due to his own BS.
I do agree that he (Moore) is a TOOL however. 8)

Fair enough .

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Next season, without Sherm, we're looking at 8-8 maybe 7-9. IF everything else works out for us. "Easy" schedule or not.

penihawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1uq9axed said:
Next season, without Sherm, we're looking at 8-8 maybe 7-9. IF everything else works out for us. "Easy" schedule or not.

:lol: :34853_doh: There would have to be a whole lot of other things that go wrong for this roster in this division to go 7-9 just because Richard Sherman is no longer on it. He has been a good player for us but I'm thinkin that might be a bit of an overreaction?

Atradees

Reaction score
It's the quarterback....we win with RW. Look at the good defenses without a franchise guy.

A good cb is important. I just think this is the perfect time to market Sherman and still get a return.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2psirr21 said:

If we grab a couple bad ass corners in the draft, I don't see this happening.

Maybe some struggles early in the season as they work their way into Pete's DB system/philosophy..........but hell, we struggle early in the season every year. That's nothing new.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9uqqbbkc said:
WmHBonney":9uqqbbkc said:

Maybe some struggles early in the season as they work their way into Pete's DB system/philosophy..........but hell, we struggle early in the season every year. That's nothing new.

Honestly, I think our defensive backfield relies heavily on the speed of Earl Thomas. He's the key that we need to have back next year at 100% if we want to be successful. We can definitely draft some quality CBs this year, and although it's not simple to just replace a Richard Sherman, I think with Thomas healthy, we can do just fine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":kyio99xu said:
Sgt. Largent":kyio99xu said:
WmHBonney":kyio99xu said:

Honestly, I think our defensive backfield relies heavily on the speed of Earl Thomas. He's the key that we need to have back next year at 100% if we want to be successful. We can definitely draft some quality CBs this year, and although it's not simple to just replace a Richard Sherman, I think with Thomas healthy, we can do just fine.

I agree, and this was glaringly evident when Earl went down. He IS the player that makes the entire defensive backfield click. Sherman's a great corner, but I'm not half as worried about losing him as I would be if we lost Earl. Our DB scheme is far more simple to plug and play than Earl's.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
kidhawk":21hplft8 said:
Sgt. Largent":21hplft8 said:
WmHBonney":21hplft8 said:

YUP.

A healthy Thomas and a couple hungry new corners trying to make a name for themselves is more than enough to compensate for a departed Sherman.

It would be easier if he stays (and can get along with the coaches and other players) but if he goes and Thomas comes back healthy, we'll be OK.

Our offense (lack thereof) remains the primary concern.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3eva3u8p said:
My point is we now have a very long historical track record of our FO and Pete developing very good to great defensive backs within our defensive system.

I just got done calling that claim into question. Did you fully read what I wrote?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2tbyzl7r said:
WmHBonney":2tbyzl7r said:

I respectfully disagree. Sherm is a known commodity, any draft pick isn't. Even if you "replace" him with a Maxwell or Shead type (which is average at best) there would be a HUGE drop off IMHO. The best route would be to buy some earplugs, keep him and a certain assistant offensive coach separated, and still draft a couple of corners.

You dont get rid of an all-pro corner and create a huge hole in your defense because henruffled a few feathers.
There is a good piece of KOMO's website as of yesterday that makes it sound like the whole thing was blown at of proportion and RS saying he wants to remain here.

Just my nickel's worth.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":x408bo9f said:
Sgt. Largent":x408bo9f said:
WmHBonney":x408bo9f said:

I respectfully disagree. Sherm is a known commodity, any draft pick isn't. Even if you "replace" him with a Maxwell or Shead type (which is average at best) there would be a HUGE drop off IMHO. The best route would be to buy some earplugs, keep him and a certain assistant offensive coach separated, and still draft a couple of corners.

You dont get rid of an all-pro corner and create a huge hole in your defense because henruffled a few feathers.
There is a good piece of KOMO's website as of yesterday that makes it sound like the whole thing was blown at of proportion and RS saying he wants to remain here.

Just my nickel's worth.
:2thumbs: The Voice Of Reason!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":kagvuei7 said:
Sgt. Largent":kagvuei7 said:
WmHBonney":kagvuei7 said:

Just my nickel's worth.

You could be right on all accounts. Fact is we don't know how damaged the relationship(s) are right now between Sherman and all involved.

But normally a team and player don't go public with trade talks unless it's pretty serious.

All I'm trying to say is I have faith that we'll not only draft our next great corner, but that Pete will develop him. Because his track record and experience says it's his greatest developing position of strength.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ec9l606 said:
Sports Hernia":1ec9l606 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ec9l606 said:
WmHBonney":1ec9l606 said:

Just my nickel's worth.

You could be right on all accounts. Fact is we don't know how damaged the relationship(s) are right now between Sherman and all involved.

But normally a team and player don't go public with trade talks unless it's pretty serious.

All I'm trying to say is I have faith that we'll not only draft our next great corner, but that Pete will develop him. Because his track record and experience says it's his greatest developing position of strength.
Fair enough, and maybe that will happen. I'd rather draft that guy AND have Sherm. I'm not in the locker room but IMHO Sherm is talented enough on the field you put up with him being a PITA at times.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have seen more then a few corners come through here, what you see in one system may not what you get in ours, we teach that kick step technique, Cary Williams could not get it, others could not get it and adapt and not lose a step or get crossed up. Systems and players fitting into them is the key, finding a player that can pick up our nuances and coverage techniques is the key, not their name. The athletic skill and mental ability as well as work ethic I think are important, what order they fall in may be different for Pete.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":221haw28 said:
JGfromtheNW":221haw28 said:
Great post, Montana.

Sherman is borderline irreplaceable, which has been all but confirmed by the requirement to give up a 1st PLUS another pick to be in the trade conversation. Our defense is completely different and much less effective without Sherm taking away one side of the field.

No one's irreplaceable.

Sherman's a great corner, one of the best in the league...........but make no mistake he can be replaced. Especially in Pete's DB system where he's done nothing develop pro bowl caliber DB's, and even made stars out of lesser ones like Browner and Maxwell.

This draft is packed with DB's that fit Pete's mold. So I have no doubt if we trade Sherman that we'll draft at least 1-2 extremely capable DB's that we can develop into great corners.
I know people have a lot of faith in Pete being able to develop DB's but where is the evidence? Who has he developed since 2011? He gets a lot of credit because of Sherm, Kam, and Earl's success but there isn't much success outside of those 3. There have been lots of DBs that have come and gone like Simon, Guy, Smith, Pinkins, Dion Bailey (remember him who started for Kam and then was cut as soon as Kam returned) and many others. You also have Lane, Shead, McCray who have been ok, but not great.

I also believe that if they had a reasonable back-up for Earl, the defensive drop off wouldn't have been as great. Steven Terrell (still not resigned) was awful and that is a big reason for def struggles after the CAR game.

DB depth has suffered and lack of development is part of the reason. If they truly were great at developing DBs the depth would be on point and they wouldn't constantly be looking for a 2nd corner and backups.