So who ends up trading for Sherman

Hyak

Reaction score
Tennessee is on the up swing but there's no way they give up a 1st rounder for Sherman.

Realistically, the only team that I can see giving up a 1 is New Orleans and that may not even be 11 but 32. NO makes sense from a need standpoint but also because they are win now with Brees. They would have to adjust a contact to make it work though.

AFC team? I'd say the Raiders would be the most likely option.

nash72

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1y9hzy0x said:
nash72":1y9hzy0x said:
Ace_Rimmer":1y9hzy0x said:
nash72":1y9hzy0x said:
Knowing Sherm, if a trade does go through, he would probably want to play for an NFC West team just to get back at us.

He wont go to Tennessee because they stink and he'll never be heard from again. The Saints stink too. The Raiders I could see. Who knows. Hopefully he stays put.

Good for him. Too bad he doesn't get to pick where he goes, but nice try sunshine. Aren't there some new born Labrador puppies you can go and kick.

Everybody has a choice. An already wealthy man that doesn't want to play for a crappy team really doesn't have to if he doesn't want to sunshine. He could sit out. Now, where's your dog?

This isn't the NHL with their no trade clauses. This is a business, and sitting out isn't in his best interest because he isn't a young rookie anymore, and his days of making large money is limited.

No, it wouldnt be in his best interest, but the fact remains that he isnt forced to do anything he doesnt want to. Everybody has a choice.

Steve2222

Reaction score
JTB":3nzzaow6 said:
Tennessee is on the up swing but there's no way they give up a 1st rounder for Sherman.

Realistically, the only team that I can see giving up a 1 is New Orleans and that may not even be 11 but 32. NO makes sense from a need standpoint but also because they are win now with Brees. They would have to adjust a contact to make it work though.

AFC team? I'd say the Raiders would be the most likely option.

Steelers make sense. They're a SB contender because of their offense. Their defense could use some help.

modernman

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2jghunzv said:
Sherm ends up on the Raiders.

He's a California kid isn't he?

underground railroad...Irving, Lynch, Sherman...I would quickly become a bandwagon fan

Steve2222

Reaction score
modernman":2v00ggrl said:
SixSeahawk":2v00ggrl said:

underground railroad...Irving, Lynch, Sherman...I would quickly become a bandwagon fan

Irvin*

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I can see a trade of Lynch and Sherman to the Raiders..

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
How would you guys feel about seeing Sherm and Marshawn on the Raiders?

I may be wrong, but i don't think we'll face them so cheering for them cant be a bad thing.

Also, i noticed people saying that Sherm doesn't get to pick what team he gets traded to but I read elsewhere that they're involving him in the process.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Chargers, Falcons, and 9ers are the only teams for whom Sherm is as valuable as he is to the Hawks.

Falcons just gave Trufant big money so they're out, and a rebuilding 9ers team isn't going to give up draft capital to give big money to a 29 year old player with two years on his deal. With Hayward going to the pro-bowl last year, Varrett coming back and Flowers still around I don't think CB is a big need for the chargers.

Sherman stays out unless someone tries to misuse him in the wrong scheme, IMO.

The Saints could be that dumb, or the Hawks could take less than value for him just to off him, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Atradees

Reaction score
For what the Bills fan is offering?
Doesn't seem like much. The suitors do seem to be lining up.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Atradees":1zxa27jr said:
For what the Bills fan is offering?
Doesn't seem like much. The suitors do seem to be lining up.

Keep in mind that the article was just some random thoughts by a reporter. It's not an offer that originated from one of the teams.

But as far as what was proposed, it would depend on the player and what our coaching staff thought of him. If they felt good about him, if they felt he could be a solid starter for us, then I'd take it as it would include a couple of quality draft picks as well. Adding a lineman via a trade would free our hands to take a cornerback early in this draft, a draft that's thin on OL's and knee deep in cornerbacks with a lot of good ones that could step in and start contributing immediately.

original poster

Reaction score
I'd probably move on the Buffalo proposal by the reporter if the 2018 pick was a second as well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3vzf9jr6 said:

This is what I was thinking. I mean, the Raiders are going to Vegas, but it still could work. Oakland needs help on the defense, and Sherm knows and likes their DC.

I don't know if they have the cap space though, but this would be the most attractive for the Hawks and Sherman.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
nobody is going to give up what we want because you can get a great CB in the draft and save a ton of money and not have Sherm running his idiot mouth. He's killed a lot of his value with his childish antics. NEWSFLASH!! NOBODY IS TRADING FOR SHERMAN.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
First does RS have say over where? LA Chargers make sense. LA Guy...

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawks46":23hamm8b said:
SixSeahawk":23hamm8b said:

This is what I was thinking. I mean, the Raiders are going to Vegas, but it still could work. Oakland needs help on the defense, and Sherm knows and likes their DC.

I don't know if they have the cap space though, but this would be the most attractive for the Hawks and Sherman.

The Raiders won't be in Vegas until 2020 at the earliest.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":25vpmaqa said:
nobody is going to give up what we want because you can get a great CB in the draft and save a ton of money and not have Sherm running his idiot mouth. He's killed a lot of his value with his childish antics. NEWSFLASH!! NOBODY IS TRADING FOR SHERMAN.
Good! :)