So who ends up trading for Sherman

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1kkco4ew said:
nobody is going to give up what we want because you can get a great CB in the draft and save a ton of money and not have Sherm running his idiot mouth. He's killed a lot of his value with his childish antics. NEWSFLASH!! NOBODY IS TRADING FOR SHERMAN.

I tend to believe nobody is trading for Sherm either, not because his value is killed but more because the cost is enormous. You'd have to have the cap space, the assets, and be in a position to utilize him. He's wasted going to a bottom feeder and you don't pay that price unless you're getting over the hump to be a threat so the trade partners list is probably slim but rest assured near every team would love to have Sherm on their roster. It's his value that makes him nearly untradeable, he's just too pricey a get.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sherm doesn't have an agent right now and we know he has little tact or restraint when it comes to running his mouth. A team would have to want him badly in order to get a deal done with the Hawks at Sherm. He is still a great player though just a difficult teammate.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":21ojyiyw said:
Sherm doesn't have an agent right now and we know he has little tact or restraint when it comes to running his mouth. A team would have to want him badly in order to get a deal done with the Hawks at Sherm. He is still a great player though just a difficult teammate.
I didn't know that about him not having an agent. That's an important detail. How did that come to be?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sherman was a mess last year and yet he's still one of my favorite players. I was convinced yesterday he was going to be traded but I have a feeling nothing gets done and Sherman is a model citizen this year before possibly being moved next year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this since I've learned Sweezy re-worked his deal a few days ago.

If it came down to it, I would trade Sherman to the Buccaneers for:

OG JR Sweezy (about 5m salary in 2017)
DT Clinton McDonald (2m salary in 2017)
Bucs 2nd Rounder (#50)
Swapping 1st Rounders (26 to 19, +7)
Swapping 3rd Rounders (106 to 84, +22)

And maybe a conditional 2018 4th/5th/6th/7th round pick based on the amount of games Sweezy starts.

0-4 = 4th,
5-8 = 5th,
9-12 = 6th
13+ = 7th
Pro Bowl selection negates any future pick.

Gives the Seahawks #19, #50, #58, #84, #90, and #102 in the first 3 rounds plus a starting RG and a strong nickle DT in the rotation both with little to no learning curves in the system.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":kyi2p7jt said:
I've been thinking about this since I've learned Sweezy re-worked his deal a few days ago.

Bucs 2nd Rounder (#50)
Swapping 1st Rounders (26 to 19)
Swapping 3rd Rounders (106 to 84)

Why would TB do this?

They just reworked Sweezy and now you think they'll just trade him, a solid DT, and loads of draft capital for a polarizing defensive back inching towards 30?

This rivals the legendary "let's trade Kelly Jennings for (insert your favorite All-Pro) AND a first round pick" threads.

Or maybe you just forgot the :sarcasm_on:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here's the latest on the Sherman situation from Rapoport:

Ian Rapoport‏ @FapSheet Apr 8
More
The #Seahawks are trading CB Richard Sherman to the #Saints in exchange for the 11th overall pick in this years draft, per sources.
10 replies 49 retweets 36 likes
Reply 10 Retweet 49
Like 36

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IrishNW":1ihfz5nd said:
penihawk":1ihfz5nd said:
IrishNW":1ihfz5nd said:
send him to Cleveland, tired of his shit

Cleveland for.............? Joe Thomas & 33? :snack:

for a bag a peanuts

The Sherman love has eroded greatly in here.

What has become of our once-beloved Legion of Boom????

Giphy

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2zfw3kdn said:

More
The #Seahawks are trading CB Richard Sherman to the #Saints in exchange for the 11th overall pick in this years draft, per sources.
Reply 10 Retweet 49
Like 36
Fap Sheet. Fake account.

All, please do your due diligence when posting links.
It took me 2 minutes to go to IR's real twitter page.
Thanks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Jeez, sorry guys. I look to be the reporter of fake news.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":10y2is8j said:
Pandion Haliaetus":10y2is8j said:

Bucs 2nd Rounder (#50)
Swapping 1st Rounders (26 to 19)
Swapping 3rd Rounders (106 to 84)

Why would TB do this?

They just reworked Sweezy and now you think they'll just trade him, a solid DT, and loads of draft capital for a polarizing defensive back inching towards 30?

This rivals the legendary "let's trade Kelly Jennings for (insert your favorite All-Pro) AND a first round pick" threads.

Or maybe you just forgot the :sarcasm_on:

1. Well the Bucs reworked that contract with Sweezy to protect themselves against lingering injury risk. The new contract makes Sweezy pretty expendable.

2. Clinton McDonald is on the last year of his contract, was relegated to a back up with the Chris Baker addition. Both Baker and McCoy will be 3 down players at DT, so McDonald will see limited snaps. McDonald has also has been an oft-injured player for them playing 31 of 48 games. McDonald could just as well be cut after the pre-season if they want to go younger and develop some prospects with future control.

Sweezy and McDonald are hardly cornerstone players. I would say both are expendable for the Bucs at this point. Sweezy s reworked contract reflects that, where they can drop him with little financial backlash.

But they proved to be players with Seahawks.

And really loads of draft capital? Bucs lose 1 pick, and swap 2 others. Seahawks have been rumored in setting a 1st round and 3rd round pick or Player for Sherman.

I'm sure Bucs wouldn't mind parting ways with the likes of Sweezy and McDonald. Still holding onto a 1st Round and 3rd Round selections albeit down the board, losing only a 2nd round pick.

And why?

They played without Sweezy last year.
Baker at 320 is cosiderable upgrade over McDonald's 290, who allows McCoy to freelance a little bit more as disruptor rather than being the guy relied on to hold point.

And the Bucs get an All-Pro CB still in his prime, that plays with some swagger and moxie, to pair with a young Hergreaves, and allows Grimes to be expendable moving forward or push him to NCB where he might be better suited at this point of his career, and Sherman has been one of the best players in terms of helping to develop younger players at DB who the Bucs will surely add in this draft.

I mean would the Bucs rather have 29 year old Sherman or roll the dice on Brent Grimes to put in another quality year at the age of 34?

With the Atlanta Falcons with thier high-flying offense and the Panthers (assuming they make a bounce back) with thier lengthy receivers likely the teams in the division with enough or more talent to compete with the Bucs for the NFC South. Sherman would be a huge get for them.

Furthermore, Sherman doesnt just impact the Defense for them, he'll make Winston and the WRs even better too. Mike Evans is already damn good.

Sherman makes 9-7 2016 team... better.

With all that said, I don't feel Sherman will be traded, but the OP asked a question, I gave my best thought out response in regards to it. In what I felt it would take for me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":uvfjlbdz said:

More
Reply 10 Retweet 49
Like 36
Fap Sheet. Fake account.

All, please do your due diligence when posting links.
It took me 2 minutes to go to IR's real twitter page.
Thanks.

IrishNW

Reaction score
semiahmoo":reeo996v said:
IrishNW":reeo996v said:
penihawk":reeo996v said:
IrishNW":reeo996v said:
send him to Cleveland, tired of his shit

Cleveland for.............? Joe Thomas & 33? :snack:

for a bag a peanuts

The Sherman love has eroded greatly in here.

What has become of our once-beloved Legion of Boom????

Giphy

thats my secret, I never loved Sherman

Atradees

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/rapsheet

"Rapsheet"

Number eleven would be awesome though. I would do that straight up.
Some team has to workin this thing out. Com gettya some Sherm!

Then in a crazy world trade down from 11 for a lesser first this year and one next

Seymour

Reaction score
It's being reported that the asking price for Sherman is now dropping. Doesn't sound like a team that REALLY wants to hold onto Sherm to me.

and as Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk noted Tuesday, the Seattle Seahawks are reportedly dropping their asking price for him as they look to complete a deal.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I think he's good as gone. If the asking price is a first and a conditional fourth some team who thinks they're ready to compete will make that deal. Which I'm all in favor. Love Sherm and have no ill will towards him, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to get younger and free some cap space. Draft OL and CB with our two first rounders.