So...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Polaris":xt7yss80 said:
Zorn76":xt7yss80 said:
AZ is currently 2-4 on the road.
Stl is currently 2-5 on the road.

No matter what happens next Sunday - which I think we'll win anyway - I like our chances vs the Cards & Rams at home.

Some people are Tripping right now in this forum, lol. The key word for today: Odds.

As in, the Odds are in our favor to win the NFC West and HFA for the playoffs. Folks are having nightmares of Seahawk teams past. This team IS different. If they haven't earned your benefit of the doubt by now, then I dunno if they ever will. It was a 2 pt loss, people. Try not to panic.

I remember 1984 and the Seahawks were 12-2 with two games to go (sound familiar?) I think we all remember how that turned out.

I do believe that this team is different, but I have to tell you that today (well this last Sunday) I did see visions of Seahawks teams past in frittering away a game that could have essentially sealed the deal. I've seen too much of that over the years.

Really? We lose one game out of the last seven..by 2 points to a very good team in their home. That suddenly makes us like the 84 team that got blown out? SMH! Wring ur hands some more since that appears to be your thang, LOL!

Polaris

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3nlxgxon said:
Really? We lose one game out of the last seven..by 2 points to a very good team in their home. That suddenly makes us like the 84 team that got blown out? SMH! Wring ur hands some more since that appears to be your thang, LOL!

Please. Of course not. However, if you've lived that 1984 season, you can't deny some disturbing similiaries. The 1984 Hawks were cruising towards their first division title with a 12-2 record and only had to win against a tough KC team that we had beaten earlier that season to clinch the title. Like now, we had a strong division lead against our rivals the Denver Broncos (although that rivalry wasn't as intense), and Seattle procided to blow it the final two games (and not by blowouts at least not at KC).

I do think that this team is different, but I am jaded. Frankly I wish this team was more upset about this last lost. Not despairing, but being a little angry and upset in this case would not be a bad thing.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Since Seattle is going to win the next 3 games and go 14-2, they'll have the #1 locked up after the Cardinals game no matter what. But SF is probably going to lose against a suddenly dangerous TB team (1-3 against the South would be hilarious), so Seattle probably clinches next week.

Polaris

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3hkrff96 said:
SADDLE UP. It's time to bounce back and get this train rolling.

I agree. Win the next game. I hope the 'hawks make Met Sadium their home away from home....and thoroughly beat the Giants.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3vqkk0ix said:
Since Seattle is going to win the next 3 games and go 14-2, they'll have the #1 locked up after the Cardinals game no matter what. But SF is probably going to lose against a suddenly dangerous TB team (1-3 against the South would be hilarious), so Seattle probably clinches next week.

I hope you're right. I would LOVE to see the Niners lose to TB (esp after the grief they gave us about our TB game). That said, even though TB has really improved it's play, I don't think it's happening. Fortunately for us, it doesn't have to.

Mindsink

Reaction score
They're more likely to lose vs the Bucs than we are vs the Giants, and Las Vegas agrees.

If that happens (football gods please make it so!), it will be near-orgasmic to read their forum as reality comes crashing down on their collective fanbase.