Source: Seattle trying to trade Michael Bennett

12forlife

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33xpwvbw said:
B3ASTxM0D3":33xpwvbw said:
This bum isn't worth a 7th. just cut his ass and get away from that cancer

Cause you're only saving 3M in cap, Bennett's dead cap hit is over 5M.

So you'd be better off taking the 7th and getting rid of the entire 8M.

IMO we'd take a 3rd for Bennett, but from the sounds of it no one's even interested. Now you know why NE trades players at the top of their game, and doesn't wait until it's too late.

Exactly! could not agree more. Bobby Wags & Russell are our cornerstones, everyone else is expendable. sadly even ET at this point of his career, his body isn't going to hold up to many more physical seasons.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Not sweating this one bit and actually could be a good thing in the long run We need new leadership in that locker room that the focus is on football and football . outside distractions derail any chance at a championships IMHO. His act has worn thin on me and I feel this team need a change from the antics and the stuff that really has nothing to do with football . I really don’t think this is a money move more of a leadership move IMHO

sdog1981

Reaction score
If you thought the Seahawks pass rush was lacking last season, it will be even worse next season with Bennett and Avril gone. Bennett can still play he is just getting to the point where he needs to play less to still be effective.

chris98251

Reaction score
Those of you that can't separate the person from the football need to get a grip, Sherman was just as much a distraction early on and it didn't effect the on filed play, oh wait those same people wanted Sherman gone as well.

We have yet to have a guy develop to take Avrils reps regularly yet, Clark is a maybe, we have a couple young guys that were added to the 53 in Jackson, Jordon and Smith that showed some promise, but hey none of those guys I believe are under contract and will need to be resigned. That and they have yet to show they can hold up and bring the type of numbers Bennett brings.

We have limited draft picks, we have limited Cash resources, we may have to actually coach up guys and be creative and hope the previous investments of draft capital were what we thought it was when we drafted them. This is what happens when you reach and over extend to win now without a fall back option that we know of.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/970482639583961088[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NegativeBob/status/970482235567570945[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":378xwf16 said:
The Atlanta Falcons are one of multiple teams talking to the Seattle Seahawks about a trade for defensive lineman Michael Bennett, sources told ESPN on Sunday night.

Nothing is imminent, one of the sources said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2264 ... nett-trade

Yeah and Russell Wilson is going to play second base for the Yankees, everyone is talking about everything and every player right now, while Atlanta does know Bennett thru Quinn, it would have to be a player trade for one of their starting RB's for me to do it.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Bennetts agent is also the Falcons GM agent. I have a feeling this is nothing more than the agent just throwing ideas out to ESPN.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Bennett needs to go. Old now. Thanks for the great memories, will always cherish him but he's slow now. We need to shed the money and go younger.

If we get a 5th, that'll be a great deal.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
2017 was supposed to be the season of no distractions... except it wasn't and Michael was at the heart of it.

That's why I'm ready for the Hawks to move on without him.

chris98251

Reaction score
DUI
DM
Contract
In House infighting
Media issues
Trades

There is always a distraction.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":ryk8gm4o said:
This is more about him being a distraction because as a player he's worth the price tag. I keep him and just save him for passing downs, he's played a ton of snap over the years but hopefully with Clark, Naz, Reed, Smith, Jordan, Jefferson and Jackson we'll have a decent rotation. If somehow you could throw Sheldon and Malik to that list then you have great depth.
The saving him for passing downs only is the best idea in this thread.

12forlife

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xwc5olhn said:
getnasty":xwc5olhn said:
This is more about him being a distraction because as a player he's worth the price tag. I keep him and just save him for passing downs, he's played a ton of snap over the years but hopefully with Clark, Naz, Reed, Smith, Jordan, Jefferson and Jackson we'll have a decent rotation. If somehow you could throw Sheldon and Malik to that list then you have great depth.

Yeeeeah because that's worth a cap hit of 8.3 mil a year? It's that mindset that has gotten us in the position we are in now. Tell me just one thing, do you honestly believe the patriots would deal with his mouth & distractions, 33 yr old, dealing with injuries 8.3 mil cap hit for a 3rd down DE.

sdog1981

Reaction score
12forlife":r9e11efd said:
Sports Hernia":r9e11efd said:
getnasty":r9e11efd said:

Yeeeeah because that's worth a cap hit of 8.3 mil a year? It's that mindset that has gotten us in the position we are in now. Tell me just one thing, do you honestly believe the patriots would deal with his mouth & distractions, 33 yr old, dealing with injuries 8.3 mil cap hit for a 3rd down DE.

Go look at the impact he had in 2013 when he played a fraction of the snaps he plays now. Teams can keep pass rush talents on the team for 8.3 million.

12forlife

Reaction score
sdog1981":11x13rze said:
12forlife":11x13rze said:
Sports Hernia":11x13rze said:
getnasty":11x13rze said:

Go look at the impact he had in 2013 when he played a fraction of the snaps he plays now. Teams can keep pass rush talents on the team for 8.3 million.

That was 5 yrs ago, and no we are not in the position to pay him that kind of money for that little bit of production just so he can come on the field on 3rd & 8 only to jump off sides, to make it 3rd & 3 and opens up their play book to whatever play they like. maybe you have missed that or took a potty break when this happens nearly every game. No Idea where you would find those stats, but I would bet my pay check that the number of times he jumped and allowed the opponent to then pick up the 1st and score on the drive would damn close to his sack total.

sdog1981

Reaction score
12forlife":3ogkfu83 said:
That was 5 yrs ago, and no we are not in the position to pay him that kind of money for that little bit of production just so he can come on the field on 3rd & 8 only to jump off sides, to make it 3rd & 3 and opens up their play book to whatever play they like. maybe you have missed that or took a potty break when this happens nearly every game. No Idea where you would find those stats, but I would bet my pay check that the number of times he jumped and allowed the opponent to then pick up the 1st and score on the drive would damn close to his sack total.

Bennet was second on the team in sacks last season only a half sack behind Clark. He played 84% of the defensive snaps that is 20% higher than any other linemen. In 2013 he played 400 snaps less and still hit 8.5 sacks. So yes he would be worth it if they lowered him to around 600 snaps per season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
12forlife":2jlg4opt said:
Sports Hernia":2jlg4opt said:
getnasty":2jlg4opt said:

You are likely to take a 5+ million dollar hit regardless, teams won’t trade for a guy they think will be cut.
Also to compare any team to how the Cheatriots do things is silly as their QB is playing at a cheap rate, and they do things that only work for them as “their way” hasn’t worked for any other team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":1y5woqm5 said:
Won't this be a contract year for him? If he plays great we might get a comp pick the following year. I love Bennett as a player and I appreciate what he is trying to do outside football.

I thought he played great last season despite his injuries.

Bennett's production (even WITH the PF owie) was still better than the high dollar+ high round Draft pick that we shelled out for Sheldon Richardson.
And even though he made the Pro Bowl, there are still some fools in here would just be happy to see him gone for a sixth or seventh rounder???? SMH

getnasty

Reaction score
12forlife":2swzzydo said:
Sports Hernia":2swzzydo said:
getnasty":2swzzydo said:

Passing downs doesn't just mean 3rd and long, it also means 2nd and 7, 1st and 15 and many other scenarios. My point is let Dion Jordan take some of his snap and keep him fresh for the money downs, dude has played a ton of snap and all while dealing with a injury. Now if he's a distraction that hurts the
team then fine get what you can get and move on.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1he4dm4z said:
"Bring in some young guys"

What young guys?

They suck at bringing in young guys.

That is the problem.

Not sure how getting rid of productive 'old' guys helps, because they would have just kept $18M worth of salary cap so they could overspend on unproductive 'other' guys. We are TERRIBLE when it comes to paying decent money for decent FAs. And we haven't been great at the draft....so how is getting rid of productive players going to help us again?

So...what are you suggesting? Just lay down and forfeit the season? Your posts are bordering on off-topic these days.

Latest posts