The fear of the next six weeks! Anyone confident?

Fade

Reaction score
The Geno Seahawks struggle against quality opponents outside of 2 wins against the Lions (Lions missed the playoffs last year.) They don't have a lot of quality wins in this era.

More than anything, I want both wins against the Niners. But what I want is different from reality.

Rams -W (Rams are tanking.)
9ers -L (Purdy struggles against Man, Seahawks love Zone, so does Purdy.)
(Geno is the same. He loves zone, struggles against Man. 49ers will play man.)
Boys -L (A loaded team that can get after the QB.)
9ers -L ("")
Eagles -L (The class of the NFC.)
Titans -W (Geno & Lock might both be injured by the time we get here.)
Steelers -W (They have a defense, but nothing else.)
Cards -W (Most of the Cards players will be checked out by then.)

10-7 Mediocre Pete strikes again. Not good enough to be a contender, not bad enough to build properly to become a contender. Pete's Purgatory.

The Seahawks need a new coach that can gameplan properly for Division opponents. McVay and Kyle are going to keep destroying Pete until then. (McVay is giving a charity win next week due to tanking.)

Sitting back in zone and letting Purdy carve them up with his noodle arm is a major reason why the Seahawks will never get over the hump.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The Geno Seahawks struggle against quality opponents outside of 2 wins against the Lions (Lions missed the playoffs last year.) They don't have a lot of quality wins in this era.

More than anything, I want both wins against the Niners. But what I want is different from reality.

Rams -W (Rams are tanking.)
9ers -L (Purdy struggles against Man, Seahawks love Zone, so does Purdy.)
(Geno is the same. He loves zone, struggles against Man. 49ers will play man.)
Boys -L (A loaded team that can get after the QB.)
9ers -L ("")
Eagles -L (The class of the NFC.)
Titans -W (Geno & Lock might both be injured by the time we get here.)
Steelers -W (They have a defense, but nothing else.)
Cards -W (Most of the Cards players will be checked out by then.)

10-7 Mediocre Pete strikes again. Not good enough to be a contender, not bad enough to build properly to become a contender. Pete's Purgatory.

The Seahawks need a new coach that can gameplan properly for Division opponents. McVay and Kyle are going to keep destroying Pete until then. (McVay is giving a charity win next week due to tanking.)

Sitting back in zone and letting Purdy carve them up with his noodle arm is a major reason why the Seahawks will never get over the hump.
Pretty much this. Glad for the wins, enjoy the games for the entertainment value, but being stuck in Pete's Purgatory doesn't give much hope we can build properly for the future and build an actual sb contending team. I'm trying to envision an end to the mediocrity treadmill, and I'm just not seeing it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I completely understand your take and agree we have issues, but do you consider the Eagles a dominant team?

Because the Commanders took them to overtime and lost by 3 in their first game, followed by a close 7 point loss in the redux.

Every win is a challenge in todays NFL.

Division games play differently for some reason. Look at the Rams. They're horrible, but yet they beat up on Seattle on a normal basis. Do I think the Eagles are a dominant team? In the NFC yes.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
4-14 on third down this past game. If they cannot get better at that they won’t win many. 7-15 was Washington’s stats. In the second half of the wash game the offense used the middle of the field more. Involved TE’s. That’s what needs to happen. And Geno stopped trying to force the ball into DK’s hands. Once they got away from the things that were not working they played better.

But the D’s last 2 games have been awful against the pass. I hope they win all the games ahead. But unless they get back on track this team will fold. Guess we will know what type of team this is the next 5 games.

sutz

Reaction score
The past two games at least, I think the "3d down" problem was more about 1st down than 3d. A lot of 1-2 yd gains on first, and some negative plays leading to 2d and long and 3d and long.

They need to fix that.

BASF

Reaction score
I am curious why people think the Commanders were going to be an easy team to roll? They had two games that they have been blown out. One was the Bills where they had five turnovers, plus a turnover on downs. Bills defense showed up. The other was the Justin Fields finally figures out how to play the position game. There was barely any film for the way Fields played that day. Other than that, they have been in every game.

Both of those blow out games, they had our old friend Barton starting. Addition by subtraction there, and a bunch of people talk about them trading their edge players, but both have been criticized for free lancing. Their defense played our predictable offense well. Their offense ate our blitzes up on several drives, cuz (hides mouth behind back of hand and whispers) Bieniemy is a really good offensive coordinator that learned under one of the best offensive minds in history.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m thinking Seattle will lose every game besides the Titans, Steelers and Cardinals from here on out…

Rams always beat Seattle, the Niners are the Niners and really good right now, Cowboys have too much offense for Seattle to score with, the Eagles can score as well. Seattle with their issues on offense cannot sustain games where they have to score to win against teams that scores a lot.

3-6 this stretch. Wins only against Titans, Steelers and Cards..

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I started questioning my take regarding Seattle and where they're at as a team.
I'm listening to KJ All day podcast and they're absolutely giddy over this victory.
Yet I can't seem to shake the thought that a solid , dominant team would've
Stomped that team 34-13 . I don't see this version hanging with San Fransisco
This year. The 49ers butt rammed Jax
With no mercy.

I know Geno Smith can play better than he has lately and I'll add that his line and teammates have to be better .

Maybe they figure it out. I sure hope so.
Well stats aside - and I feel like the stats from yesterdays win lie about how middling we are - but that's another thread -

If we were a midrange team:

The Ravens would have stomped us badly. Check.
We would struggle against a basically .500 team at home. Check.

Yes, we beat the Lions. Yes, we've had some flashes - but this 'feels' like a typical squeak into the playoffs and one and done typa thing. Which is borderline criminal based on the raw talent that we have.

I truly hope that I'm wrong - but Jesus - how many people were open on missed reads by Geno in the first half yesterday? ALOT. ALOT.

And the quote of the day from yesterdays broadcast(s)?: "The rumours of the 49ers death have been greatly exaggerated!"

It's firmly looking like a 'gauntlet' down the stretch here.

GemCity

Reaction score
I completely understand your take and agree we have issues, but do you consider the Eagles a dominant team?

Because the Commanders took them to overtime and lost by 3 in their first game, followed by a close 7 point loss in the redux.

Every win is a challenge in todays NFL.
This.

A win is truly a win in the NFL. The Ravens just lost to the Browns a week after they made us look like a junior high team.

The Broncos beat the Chiefs but earlier got demolished by 50 via the Dolphins.

Criticism is natural. Everyone will always have some doubt. Until yesterday, Geno and/ or Waldron had me thinking we’re in deep shit.

But here we are…6-3.

We’ll still be complaining when we’re 11-6 and win our Wild Card game.

I’m still not an optimist. But, just like you all, I love this team.

I’ve had more fun these last two seasons than the previous 6 combined.

The gauntlet approaches. Let’s see if our boys are up to it.

Seahawker

Reaction score
The Seahawks have started the season at 6-3 a total of eight times, 1987, 2003, 2006, 2014, 2017, 2020, 2022 & 2023.

Seahawks starting the season at 7-3.

2020 12-4 Lost WC
2003 10-6 Lost WC
1987 9-6 Lost WC

I predict 11-7 & and a wildcard win against the Saints.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I am curious why people think the Commanders were going to be an easy team to roll? They had two games that they have been blown out. One was the Bills where they had five turnovers, plus a turnover on downs. Bills defense showed up. The other was the Justin Fields finally figures out how to play the position game. There was barely any film for the way Fields played that day. Other than that, they have been in every game.

Both of those blow out games, they had our old friend Barton starting. Addition by subtraction there, and a bunch of people talk about them trading their edge players, but both have been criticized for free lancing. Their defense played our predictable offense well. Their offense ate our blitzes up on several drives, cuz (hides mouth behind back of hand and whispers) Bieniemy is a really good offensive coordinator that learned under one of the best offensive minds in history.
Washington is a decent team and in the NFL these gams are rarely blowouts. I think people were expecting that because they just traded their two best defensive players away that maybe they would lay down but they didn't and Howell is tough and plays hard.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Well stats aside - and I feel like the stats from yesterdays win lie about how middling we are - but that's another thread -

Yes, we beat the Lions. Yes, we've had some flashes - but this 'feels' like a typical squeak into the playoffs and one and done typa thing. Which is borderline criminal based on the raw talent that we have.

I truly hope that I'm wrong - but Jesus - how many people were open on missed reads by Geno in the first half yesterday? ALOT. ALOT.

And the quote of the day from yesterdays broadcast(s)?: "The rumours of the 49ers death have been greatly exaggerated!"

My sentiment exactly.

This team and all the talent on both sides of the ball can't manhandle a struggling D.C. team ? A team that did the ol MLB firesale of their 2 best rush ends , minus one of their starting DBs for targeting. At home

Yes , a win is hard to come by and all the popular cliches but this team should be rolling . Now.

Seattle wouldn't of traded a 2nd and 5th rounder if they didn't think they could make a run

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I think Seattle will lose most games after Thanksgiving. Seattle can beat the Niners but the Cowboys and Eagles are going to be a tough out for the Seahawks.

Right now Seattle struggles to break games open. So playing the games close is going to be how Seattle wins games going forward because of the struggles on offense.
You think the Hawks can beat the 49ers but not Jerry's kids? 49ers put a 40 burger on Dallas. 34-3 against a 6-2 Jags at home. I think more likely win comes from Dallas game, maybe Rams if Stafford can't go.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score

Do we know for a fact that there were missed reads by Geno? His accuracy in the first half was my complaint. It seemed every throw he made was way off target. Then in the second half he seemed to return to being accurate Geno and the offense got moving. Whatever he did at halftime he needs to do at the start of games.

hoxrox

Reaction score
If they can beat the Rams convincingly, I'll have more confidence. Right now, this is a middling team despite the 6-3 record.

Seattle is currently ranked 16th in point differential:

far north

Reaction score
Seattle seems to be consistently sputtering, where as the other top team have bad games but have blown teams out start to finish as well