Talib AND Peters OUT for the 9/30 Game.......

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am just basing my opinion off of what I have seen so far. Their defense has issues which could help our offense of course but I just don't think offensively we can comPETE with the Rams offense this year. At least not yet. Not being a Debbie Downer, just calling it as I see it, unemotionally.

JRobinson

Reaction score
Seymour":1jsgub9v said:
seanmatt":1jsgub9v said:
It doesn't really matter who the CBs are when a team has a d-line like the Rams. Honestly, there backup CBs are good enough to cover the WRs we have starting but it doesn't really matter because Russell won't have time to throw the ball anyway.

Look again! They just gave up 446 yards of offense and 31 points to the Vikings while only 54 yards of that was on the ground.

That said, against our oline we may need a miracle.

Stop being oblivious bro. We gave up a ton of yards to a team that passes over 70% of snaps with WRs that are two legit no. 1’s. The Vikings offense is very, very talented. You have nothing close to the Vikings and you said it, your OLine straight up sucks.

You don’t have a chance against us and that’s a fact.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
JRobinson":112srore said:
Seymour":112srore said:
seanmatt":112srore said:
It doesn't really matter who the CBs are when a team has a d-line like the Rams. Honestly, there backup CBs are good enough to cover the WRs we have starting but it doesn't really matter because Russell won't have time to throw the ball anyway.

Look again! They just gave up 446 yards of offense and 31 points to the Vikings while only 54 yards of that was on the ground.

Stop being oblivious bro. We gave up a ton of yards to a team that passes over 70% of snaps with WRs that are two legit no. 1’s. The Vikings offense is very, very talented. You have nothing close to the Vikings and you said it, your OLine straight up sucks.

I hate the Rams with a burning passion ( I remember the Holmgren era like it was yesterday), but this lamb lover is absolutely correct. The Vikings offense is SO much better than ours and they have two really good WRs while we have an elderly Brandon Marshall and Lockett (who I hope turns out to be something but hasn't really shown anything since his rookie year). Next week is going to be brutal. We need to figure out a way to deal with the Rams in future years if we want to retake the division.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JRobinson":10b9403n said:
Seymour":10b9403n said:
seanmatt":10b9403n said:

What a fun winner you are...

That same Vikings offense only put up a consolation TD with 3 minutes left against a winless Bills team at home last week.

Yeah, the Rams are good. But "oblivious" is thinking no team has a chance against another, in any game.

Seymour

Reaction score
JRobinson":lfdszktv said:
Seymour":lfdszktv said:
seanmatt":lfdszktv said:

A fine example of the morning stench on just why you don't concede anything in writing on a football board....trolls will come out of the woodwork because you have supplied them with an awesome snack. :snack:

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":3t9yl8om said:
Seymour":3t9yl8om said:
I really don't care about all that. I just would like to split with them and possibly ruin any hope of a perfect season. And... most of all...don't throw in the friggen towel before we meet them. :141847_bnono:

You're funny. If they play half as good offensively as they did last night they will still be tough to beat. There's ALWAYS a chance, Any Given Sunday, of course. But unless the first 4 games of the season has been a fluke, I am not feeling the love for this game. Prove me wrong.

With both know that is not only impossible to prove, but also unlikely to happen. This is not about proof, it's about looking for signs of hope, putting up a fight, and not fueling the trolls to come in crap on our couch.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":2diy5rah said:
With both know that is not only impossible to prove, but also unlikely to happen. This is not about proof, it's about looking for signs of hope, putting up a fight, and not fueling the trolls to come in crap on our couch.

Meh. We're big boys and girls here. My comments, good, bad or indifferent are not dependent on who might show up and troll us. The Seahawks COULD shock us and beat the Rams. It COULD happen.

Will it though? I don't think so but my opinion doesn't have any affect on the actual game played so it's all good.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We should be thanking the Rams, that epic beatdown at the end of last year is what facilitated the mass exodus turnover of coordinators that should have happened a year earlier (or more).

It took that kind of loss for Pete to stop being stubborn, protect his coaches and do the right thing..........and unfortunately unless we REALLY take a giant step forward on both sides of the ball in Arizona? I expect more of the same next week.

The Rams are the real deal.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Pete's teams always get up for the games they're supposed to lose. Our underperforming team last year manhandled the eventual Super Bowl champs while they still had Wentz. I won't be expecting a win against the Rams, but I see no reason to concede a loss now, this is the exact type of game the Hawks get up for and out perform expectations.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
T-Hawk":1n675ldk said:
Pete's teams always get up for the games they're supposed to lose. Our underperforming team last year manhandled the eventual Super Bowl champs while they still had Wentz. I won't be expecting a win against the Rams, but I see no reason to concede a loss now, this is the exact type of game the Hawks get up for and out perform expectations.

I could absolutely see that happening as well. I don't think it will, but I would not be in the least bit surprised if that scenerio took place. They do have that tendency.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
T-Hawk":n3fp2vzp said:

As Bill Parcells so eloquently said "you are what your record says you are."

So sorry, we can't say we underperformed, or if Walsh would have only made those kicks, or any other excuse for going 9-7 last year........or being 1-2 this year.

Fact is we were exactly what our record showed, an aging team trying to cling to one last chance at making a run, and falling apart at the end of the season AND getting curb stomped by a much younger, faster and stronger Rams team at the end of the year.

The Rams are good, REALLY good. Doesn't mean we can't win, but we better play out of our minds flawless football on both sides of the ball and hope the Rams make mistakes.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The Rams could put a paper bag out on defense and we’d be hard pressed to beat them with that offense of theirs. I was hoping McVey and Goff would be one hit wonders but that team is the equivalent of our 2013 Seahawks. Talent everywhere.

Next week is a game I’m counting as a loss but I’ll be there screaming nonetheless. Any Given Sunday.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1l7oyof8 said:
What's that about Seymour?

Not obvious?

When you go to war, you going as a Seahawk or a chicken??

raisethe3

Reaction score
Aros":22rdbdn7 said:
After last night I am sold. The Rams are the best team in the NFL. Offensively for sure. A week from Sunday won't be pretty. That's why this game against the Cardinals is a MUST WIN if we have any chance of keeping pace for a wildcard.

You clearly meant winning the NFC West right?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
No game is a given, Seattle is a tough place to play AND there's enough key members of that team that will remember the beat down from last year.

The only reason I don't see Seattle winning is because over the years, no matter how our defense was playing, we always seemed to play well against Wilson (with a few glaring exceptions).

They'd need Baldwin to play though.

But either way - regardless of what happened last year, the team with the best home field advantage over the past 6 years is not going to be an easy game.

Latest posts