Talib AND Peters OUT for the 9/30 Game.......

JRobinson

Reaction score
seanmatt":1u51a5m9 said:
JRobinson":1u51a5m9 said:
Seymour":1u51a5m9 said:
seanmatt":1u51a5m9 said:
It doesn't really matter who the CBs are when a team has a d-line like the Rams. Honestly, there backup CBs are good enough to cover the WRs we have starting but it doesn't really matter because Russell won't have time to throw the ball anyway.

Look again! They just gave up 446 yards of offense and 31 points to the Vikings while only 54 yards of that was on the ground.

That said, against our oline we may need a miracle.

Stop being oblivious bro. We gave up a ton of yards to a team that passes over 70% of snaps with WRs that are two legit no. 1’s. The Vikings offense is very, very talented. You have nothing close to the Vikings and you said it, your OLine straight up sucks.

You don’t have a chance against us and that’s a fact.

I hate the Rams with a burning passion ( I remember the Holmgren era like it was yesterday), but this lamb lover is absolutely correct. The Vikings offense is SO much better than ours and they have two really good WRs while we have an elderly Brandon Marshall and Lockett (who I hope turns out to be something but hasn't really shown anything since his rookie year). Next week is going to be brutal. We need to figure out a way to deal with the Rams in future years if we want to retake the division.

I hate the Seachickens with a burning passion. It’s a lot easier for me to pull for the Cardinals than it is y’all... I think it’s because they are a Class act organization over there. I liked y’all much better when y’all had the Hasselbecks and Alexanders of the world.

As much as I’ve had to bite my tongue and watch,listen, and read about ‘Seattle this, Seattle that,..’ it brings me much joy to A. See y’all suffer, and B. Us being the ones to make you suffer.

Although I will say, you will never see this Ram fan make one single verbal personal insult to any of you. Even if it’s a heated debate, everyone deserves respect.

JRobinson

Reaction score
T-Hawk":19s7bnbz said:
Pete's teams always get up for the games they're supposed to lose. Our underperforming team last year manhandled the eventual Super Bowl champs while they still had Wentz. I won't be expecting a win against the Rams, but I see no reason to concede a loss now, this is the exact type of game the Hawks get up for and out perform expectations.

The #truth of the matter is simple: y’all will need all hands on deck, as well as being near perfect in all three phases.

I did say in this thread that y’all “don’t have a chance”, which I strongly believe. However, any given Sunday, anyone can be beat.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JRobinson":25fcu17p said:
Although I will say, you will never see this Ram fan make one single verbal personal insult to any of you. Even if it’s a heated debate, everyone deserves respect.

Not personal insults, just come onto the Seahawks board and taunt the fans.

#respect

You are right though... the Seahawks will have to be just about perfect in all 3 phases to beat them (and the Vikings, Panthers and probably Packers later this year)

Wolfepack

Reaction score
I thought DeFelippo scripted a great game plan against the Rams D. Short/intermediate passes in an attempt to neutralize that pass rush. And they executed for the most part. I'm sure they would've liked to establish the run game better, but inside runs weren't going anywhere against the law office of Donald and Suh. Outside runs were mildly effective, but dwindled as they realized they were shoot-out and chasing towards the end of the 2nd qtr. But as we all saw, they couldn't keep pace, as the Vikes D couldn't slow Goff & co. A couple of stops and it may have ended differently.

All this to say, I agree with another poster on here that we seem to struggle/drop the ones we should win and exceed expectations in ones we should struggle or flat out lose. Sadly, that's the only hope I have...

Me personally, I gotta look for the small victories to remain optimistic. I'd like to see our young bloods play well and show promise of a good future. But mostly I'm hoping and praying that Schotty proves some of us wrong and draws up a good game plan. We may not be able to execute it as well as the Vikes, but for goodness sake, he better do his homework. I'll be extremely discouraged if he tries to run right into the teeth of that d-line on 1st and 2nd, end up with 3rd and long, and then serve Russ up on a platter with some long-developing pass play. Ughhhh... it'll just make me regret even more that we got Schott-faced instead of DeFelippo.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
JRobinson":1x7o3wte said:
T-Hawk":1x7o3wte said:
Pete's teams always get up for the games they're supposed to lose. Our underperforming team last year manhandled the eventual Super Bowl champs while they still had Wentz. I won't be expecting a win against the Rams, but I see no reason to concede a loss now, this is the exact type of game the Hawks get up for and out perform expectations.

The #truth of the matter is simple: y’all will need all hands on deck, as well as being near perfect in all three phases.

I did say in this thread that y’all “don’t have a chance”, which I strongly believe. However, any given Sunday, anyone can be beat.

So which is it, y'all don't have a chance, or any given Sunday?

2010 - Saints
2011 - Ravens
2012 - Patriots, Bears, Niners
2013 - Saints (stretching it a bit here)
2015 - Steelers (again stretching it)
2016 - Patriots
2017 - Eagles

The Seahawks get up for the big games they are expected to lose. I'm not expecting a win against the Rams, but I don't think a W would be as shocking as many seem to think it would be.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":p386udqm said:
T-Hawk":p386udqm said:

As Bill Parcells so eloquently said "you are what your record says you are."

So sorry, we can't say we underperformed, or if Walsh would have only made those kicks, or any other excuse for going 9-7 last year........or being 1-2 this year.

Fact is we were exactly what our record showed, an aging team trying to cling to one last chance at making a run, and falling apart at the end of the season AND getting curb stomped by a much younger, faster and stronger Rams team at the end of the year.

The Rams are good, REALLY good. Doesn't mean we can't win, but we better play out of our minds flawless football on both sides of the ball and hope the Rams make mistakes.

Not sure why you jumped on 'underperforming', the 9-7 Seahawks that missed the playoffs (underperforming or not) beat the eventual SB champs last year.

And why do we have to hope for mistakes to beat them? Last year we had Earl chop a ball out for a touch back, Reed collapse the pocket into Goff forcing a pick, and Clark beat Whitworth for a game sealing sack. Those 3 guys who are still on our team FORCED mistakes by the Rams to help lead to victory.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks defensive line destroys the Rams offensive line.

I'm fired up for this game!

I think the Seahawks actually have a decent shot at upsetting the Rams.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Objectively, we lose next Sunday. BUT...I think we will put up a hell of a fight and we have a slight chance.

Goff is the real deal. The throws he was making yesterday, my oh my. Good stuff. Then again, he's surrounded by weapons, with a clean pocket. I think we give them a fight. I think our safety play will keep us in the game...and I think there's a really good chance that we'll have Wright, Wagner, AND Kendricks all on the field at once.

I think the team will be really pumped and rocking for this game. To prove something and shock the world. I feel like Pete has been looking forward to this all year and he'll likely remind the NFL world that he's THE defensive genius of the NFL. This is giving me Eagles vs Seahawks vibes of last year. We'll see

JRobinson

Reaction score
T-Hawk":1zs3qdiu said:
JRobinson":1zs3qdiu said:
T-Hawk":1zs3qdiu said:

So which is it, y'all don't have a chance, or any given Sunday?

2010 - Saints
2011 - Ravens
2012 - Patriots, Bears, Niners
2013 - Saints (stretching it a bit here)
2015 - Steelers (again stretching it)
2016 - Patriots
2017 - Eagles

The Seahawks get up for the big games they are expected to lose. I'm not expecting a win against the Rams, but I don't think a W would be as shocking as many seem to think it would be.

I said both because I believe they are both true. But personally, y’all don’t have a chance, and I hope we run you out of your own house.

JRobinson

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2f6gw8pu said:

Well, hate to break it to ya, but we currently sport the BEST offensive line in the League

adeltaY

Reaction score
JRobinson":3dtsx6tj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3dtsx6tj said:

Well, hate to break it to ya, but we currently sport the BEST offensive line in the League

Yup. And we have one of the worst pass rushes, though our first home performance was encouraging.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JRobinson":p7dyzrnk said:
TheLegendOfBoom":p7dyzrnk said:

The Vikings presented virtually no pressures on Goff. Don't think the Seahawks aren't motivated to get theirs with the Rams.

The Rams have a good offensive line, don't get me wrong. But it seems they are overlooking the Seahawks, their own divisional rivals, and the Seahawks defensive line will be a lot more hungry and focused since they play each other twice a year. Frank Clark is running wild at offensive lineman right now.

We hunnnngryyy and the Rams will find out!!!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Uncle Si":eysdkfjc said:
JRobinson":eysdkfjc said:
Seymour":eysdkfjc said:
seanmatt":eysdkfjc said:
It doesn't really matter who the CBs are when a team has a d-line like the Rams. Honestly, there backup CBs are good enough to cover the WRs we have starting but it doesn't really matter because Russell won't have time to throw the ball anyway.

Look again! They just gave up 446 yards of offense and 31 points to the Vikings while only 54 yards of that was on the ground.

That said, against our oline we may need a miracle.

Stop being oblivious bro. We gave up a ton of yards to a team that passes over 70% of snaps with WRs that are two legit no. 1’s. The Vikings offense is very, very talented. You have nothing close to the Vikings and you said it, your OLine straight up sucks.

You don’t have a chance against us and that’s a fact.

What a fun winner you are...

That same Vikings offense only put up a consolation TD with 3 minutes left against a winless Bills team at home last week.

Yeah, the Rams are good. But "oblivious" is thinking no team has a chance against another, in any game.

Vikes O-line has had major issues for the past several seasons. Even with some improvements many had them ranked bottom 5 coming into this season. Not saying that necessarily means anything relating to the Hawks, but I don't see the Minny O-line as a top tier unit by any stretch.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":20hm8c7h said:
JRobinson":20hm8c7h said:
TheLegendOfBoom":20hm8c7h said:

The Vikings presented virtually no pressures on Goff. Don't think the Seahawks aren't motivated to get theirs with the Rams.

The Rams have a good offensive line, don't get me wrong. But it seems they are overlooking the Seahawks, their own divisional rivals, and the Seahawks defensive line will be a lot more hungry and focused since they play each other twice a year. Frank Clark is running wild at offensive lineman right now.

Even without Griffen, a line playing Hunter, Joseph, and Richardson is much more talented than ours.

One thing to note is that the road team on TNF usually doesn't do well.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
This guy... making statements of certainty saying there's no chance for the Seahawks to win. I love it when people make these comments. It makes them look stupid in the off-chance they are wrong. After a lose, the next step is for them to blame something like the refs or some random injury. Those excuses aren't excuses. They are the exact reason there actually IS a chance the Seahawks win.

I was writing this one off as a loss with a small chance to win if a few things go the Seahawks' way... but now I really hope they win so I can come back and laugh at this dude.

JRobinson

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":33h21oji said:
JRobinson":33h21oji said:
TheLegendOfBoom":33h21oji said:

Which is why McVay will have this Rams team ready to be physical and execute at a high level. I highly doubt they are “overlooking” you guys, nor are they thinking “we’ve already got this division”. This team is truly a ‘one game at a time’ type team from the top down.

JRobinson

Reaction score
anonFAFA":3rg829gf said:
This guy... making statements of certainty saying there's no chance for the Seahawks to win. I love it when people make these comments. It makes them look stupid in the off-chance they are wrong. After a lose, the next step is for them to blame something like the refs or some random injury. Those excuses aren't excuses. They are the exact reason there actually IS a chance the Seahawks win.

I was writing this one off as a loss with a small chance to win if a few things go the Seahawks' way... but now I really hope they win so I can come back and laugh at this dude.

Good luck laughing at me. If you seriously think you have a chance, you’re a homer, bias, and have not watched a Rams game (not even the Vikings). Your defense isn’t even close to being in the same tier as the Vikings or even Chargers for that matter. And your offense.... not even gonna waste my time on that piece of work.

Love my comment? You’ll love the outcome even more.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Rams offense looks incredibly well coached.

Defense is loaded with talent but plays sloppy and undisciplined.

I’m glad this will be another home game for us.

JRobinson

Reaction score
adeltaY":2ijhbf1h said:
There IS a chance.

No, there’s really not. If we were 2-2 or even 3-1. I’d say possibly; but no chance here.

Plus, you guys need to actually worry about the Cardinals right now.

Latest posts