Tate visiting Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1hzk881o said:
HawkFan72":1hzk881o said:
Has to be enticing to play opposite Calvin Johnson in that pass-first offense.

Until you remember you have to live in Detroit
True but the cost of living is super super cheap! 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I just Tweeted this to Golden Tate saying they make fun of Detroit for a reason:

[youtube]ibM55l33o2k[/youtube]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Scottemojo":pr5y66d4 said:
If I was Tate, I would be pretty easily swayed by Detroit.

Think about it. In Seattle, he will always be "pedestrian". This is a run first team. that is not changing, 70 catches in Seattle is like some kind of holy grail. In Detroit? He could see 120 targets easy. (I don't buy the I want to run BS from Caldwell. That team is built to pass on all levels.) He won't have to absorb probably a single double team in Detroit.

Rings vs money and probowls.

Cha Ching.

Maybe he could contribute to the lions second playoff win in the superbowl era :lol:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3dv3b143 said:
Maybe he could contribute to the lions second playoff win in the superbowl era :lol:
He's got a ring and he'll see a lot of action. I'm with Scotte, it's got to be very tempting for him. Hope he stays, but I'm really not thinking it's likely.

I think New England would be a great fit for Tate, too. Brady's not scared to throw it up for grabs, Tate's height be damned; he'll make sure it doesn't get picked if Brady just wants to throw at him all day.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":27sie80y said:
davidonmi":27sie80y said:
Rat":27sie80y said:
He would flourish in that offense, with an elite QB (second best in the NFC behind Rodgers) and the league's best wideout on the other side.

Going from the leagues most run-heavy team to the most pass-heavy team would be interesting.
lol stafford elite, ahead of Brees, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Cutler, and Kaepernic?
no

I would trade any of those guys straight-up for Stafford, laughing the whole time.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!............ :roll: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAAHAAAA!!!!! catching breath, BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Exittium":1228sfah said:
I will say this, I'll eat my crow for the whole bennett stuff about money, but nothin pisses me off more when a player blows smoke up everyone's a$$ about hometown discounts. Granted I didn't expect him to take one, but still. "Shrug" I'll give bennett props he was honest.
only a dumb shit would turn his back on an EXTRA 1 1/2 TO 2 mil. a Year.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bjd9orx said:
If I was Tate, I would be pretty easily swayed by Detroit.

Think about it. In Seattle, he will always be "pedestrian". This is a run first team. that is not changing, 70 catches in Seattle is like some kind of holy grail. In Detroit? He could see 120 targets easy. (I don't buy the I want to run BS from Caldwell. That team is built to pass on all levels.) He won't have to absorb probably a single double team in Detroit.

Rings vs money and probowls.

Cha Ching.

Are you the type who tries to jinx an outcome by pessimistically predicting the result you don't want to see? I think you are.

And it's working so far. Awesome.

kearly

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2nfx49am said:
Damnit, Kearly; I was under the impression that you were not a superstitious ninny. Don't let me down now!

You meant to say Scott, right? I was under the impression that you were not terrible at reading comprehension. Don't let me down now!

You have to admit, that's a pretty good Roland impression.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rat":3h34ewk4 said:
He would flourish in that offense, with an elite QB (second best in the NFC behind Rodgers) and the league's best wideout on the other side.

Going from the leagues most run-heavy team to the most pass-heavy team would be interesting.

Hate to say it but Stafford it not the 2nd best QB in the NFC at all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rat":1b8j992p said:
davidonmi":1b8j992p said:
Rat":1b8j992p said:

lol stafford elite, ahead of Brees, Romo, Wilson, Newton, Ryan, Cutler, and Kaepernic?
no

I would trade any of those guys straight-up for Stafford, laughing the whole time.

that is why you are not and never will be a GM.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1fjwqkug said:
WilsonMVP":1fjwqkug said:
He's got a ring and he'll see a lot of action. I'm with Scotte, it's got to be very tempting for him. Hope he stays, but I'm really not thinking it's likely.

I think New England would be a great fit for Tate, too. Brady's not scared to throw it up for grabs, Tate's height be damned; he'll make sure it doesn't get picked if Brady just wants to throw at him all day.

I suppose its tempting if you dont value playing in the playoffs and only want a little more money. The pats I can see sure, but the lions? Lions HAVE to be one of the worst Franchises to play for right? I mean, they have 1 entire playoff win since the 60s..that is just downright pathetic.

Anthony!

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2vxo0l4e said:
Stafford is definitely an elite passer and a borderline elite quarterback, all things considered.

More to the point - Tate would put up huge numbers in that offense and he needs to make a big splash with this contract as I wouldn't expect him to get another big deal.

lets look at that he does get 4K plus yards, he has a QB rating of 84 which is below avg, he as 1-1.5 td to turnover ratio which is awful, he completes 58% of his passes again awful, and is not even in the top 10 in yds/a. nothing there says elite to me

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rat":fcvmz9j0 said:
Hasselbeck":fcvmz9j0 said:
For some reason having a hard time believing the QB analysis from a guy that still has Charlie Whitehurst as his avatar.

And lol at Wilson for Stafford straight up.
Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot. Our front office made a brilliant move trading for him, then instead of naming him the starter right away and building around him like they should have, they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

I would absolutely trade Wilson for Stafford. Easily. That's nothing against Wilson, who is legitimately great.

again and the whole league would be laughing at you.

strohmin

Reaction score
The lions are a perfect fit for him. Matt just needs to throw it up to him in his direction and most of the time he will go get it. With johnson getting double and triple teamed, Tate is going to cause nightmares for alot of teams. Stafford isn't as careful as russ and that is going to give tate more oppurtunities to make plays.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
And in regards to Stafford, are you kidding me. He has only thrown for more than 30 TDs once in his career which was his best year in 2011. That year he had over 5000 yards and 41 TDs and a 97 rating. Since then though he has thrown 49TDs and 36 Ints with an 80 and 84 rating. That doesnt scream Elite to me considering he has one of if not THE best WR in the game today. BUT...Just like Luck he gets his yards, because we ALL KNOW yards are EVERYTHING RIGHT? RIGHT? So that must mean he is a good qb :roll:

Give me Wilson over any QB right now other than Rodgers and even then it is a push if I was building longterm. If you guys think Wilson is good now watch what he does with a healthy Harvin at his disposal. If Harvin could make Ponder a somewhat legitimate QB I think him and Wilson will hook up quite a bit next year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rat":287hf4l6 said:
randomation":287hf4l6 said:
Rat":287hf4l6 said:

2nd best in the north maybe there are a lot of qbs in the nfc better then Stafford, Wilson had nearly as many tds fewer picks and wasn't throwing to calvin johnson also higher rating higher completion, Stafford's stats are more inflated then Lucks and that is saying something.

Stafford's pick % wasn't bad at all for how much he had to throw the ball. He's WAY better than people realize.

dude he only threw 29tds that is only 3 more than Wilson and he had 10 more ints than wilson, that is bad.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":epuwym1o said:
Rat":epuwym1o said:
Whitehurst was a stud who wasn't given a fair shot...they undermined his confidence with their ridiculous infatuation with Tarvaris Jackson.

:13: Same exact reason Russell Wilson never succeeded here.

Stafford: 61 career games. 73 INTs. 109 TDs.

If the Lions pay big enough, I won't blame Golden for swapping the Emerald City for Post-Apocalyptic Town. He won't ever reach a SB again, but he'll have the cash to ease his pain.

you forgot Stafford's life time QB rating of 83 and completion # of 59 both awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts