Taylor Hurt, out weeks?

stang233

Reaction score
Did I miss this? Pete said today Taylor is hurt and it will be a few weeks with an undisclosed inury.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor played through a stress fracture in his shin during senior season at Tennessee in 2019, and the lingering effect of the injury has him still sidelined as training camp started ahead of his rookie season in the NFL. The Seattle Seahawks, who selected Taylor in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft back in April, put Taylor on the non-football injury list on Aug. 3. The edge rusher remains there as the Seahawks started practices on Wednesday.

Despite the lower-leg injury, Taylor still racked up 8.5 sacks to lead the Vols and rank second in the SEC last season, and he underwent surgery to address the problem by having a titanium rod in his leg on Jan. 30, just after he was a limited participant in the Senior Bowl.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll updated Taylor's status after the team's practice on Wednesday, suggesting the Seahawks were taking a cautious approach with the rookie defensive end.

“We’ve got to see. He wasn’t ready to go,” Carroll told reporters. “There wasn’t any damage to his knee. He’s just got to get back from the work that he’s been doing. I’m not sure how long it’s going to be. He’s doing some treatments and things that take a week or so to take hold and all of that. Got good response from that, so far.

“I’m hoping, like, in another couple weeks we can know that he’s ready to get back in it and go. They are working with him right now. He’s dying to get back. But he’s just not quite ready, and we are taking our time to make sure that once he gets back, he gets back for good.”

Carroll later clarified that Taylor's injury is related to his recovery from the January surgery and not a new issue.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee ... 150225692/

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love Samual Gold's breakdowns. He's very good at explaining things, and although he talks kind of fast, he doesn't have that arrogance that you hear in the voices of other talking heads. Straight up, no b s.

Why Darrell Taylor Can Be The LEO Edge Rusher Seahawks Needed | Film Room

[youtube]z0E1ZWralTQ[/youtube]

Latest posts