The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks get a commitment from 4 star receiver Jalen hall from Long Beach, California. He’s the 106th ranked player nationally. His junior year he was a 5 star ranked in the top 10 but didn’t have as great of a senior season. He's graduating early and will be on campus in Eugene in time for Spring football.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4355399/Jalen-Hall

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3nk3rcr3 said:
Ducks get a commitment from 4 star receiver Jalen hall from Long Beach, California. He’s the 106th ranked player nationally. His junior year he was a 5 star ranked in the top 10 but didn’t have as great of a senior season. He's graduating early and will be on campus in Eugene in time for Spring football.

Good get. I wonder how that bodes for Devon Williams. Pundits have Williams to Oregon, but since his visit there's been a lot of inside noise that he's going to SC.

Signing day can't come soon enough.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":1loyl2w3 said:
JSeahawks":1loyl2w3 said:

Good get. I wonder how that bodes for Devon Williams. Pundits have Williams to Oregon, but since his visit there's been a lot of inside noise that he's going to SC.

Ducks still need 3 more WR's. Maybe 4. Devon Williams is in Eugene visiting this weekend. Our insiders are very confident he's going to be a Duck. He grew up with a few of the Ducks freshman from last year (Nick Pickett, Deommodore Lenoir and Thomas Graham.) I'm pretty confident he'll be a Duck, but you never know when USC is involved with those So Cal kids....

The one i'm more worried about is Penei Sewell. For a long time its been assumed that he'd either be Alabama or Oregon, but recently USC is making a push supposedly. Apparently he's got a good bond with some of the other Poly kids that USC is bringing in.

USC and Oregon are also fighting over Olajah Griffin. He visited Eugene last weekend and apparently it went very very well. When he left the Oregon staff felt like they were the leaders. To me though he seems like a kid that's going to stay in LA.

If I had to guess Williams will be a Duck, Griffin will be a Trojan, and Sewell is 50/50 between the two (supposedly Alabama is getting another 5 star o'linemen and will be full at the position.)

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":jd023vwv said:
Anajimmc":jd023vwv said:
JSeahawks":jd023vwv said:

Ducks still need 3 more WR's. Maybe 4. Devon Williams is in Eugene visiting this weekend. Our insiders are very confident he's going to be a Duck. He grew up with a few of the Ducks freshman from last year (Nick Pickett, Deommodore Lenoir and Thomas Graham.) The one i'm worried about is Penei Sewell. For a long time its been assumed that he'd either be Alabama or Oregon, but recently USC is making a push supposedly. Apparently he's got a good bond with some of the other Poly kids that USC is bringing in.

For what it's worth, there's a SC insider from Utah who's had pretty good info in the past, he says Sewell is all Tide. The closing buzz for SC is:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
Olaijiah Griffin
Solomon Tuli
Devon Williams
Julius Irvin

It'll be a small class, but if it happens SC could have the highest star rating nationally.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":234lkfc1 said:
For what it's worth, there's a SC insider from Utah who's had pretty good info in the past, he says Sewell is all Tide. The closing buzz for SC is:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
Olaijiah Griffin
Solomon Tuli
Devon Williams
Julius Irvin

I think I was editing mine as you were replying. I read today that Alabama is getting another 5 star tackle and may not have room for Sewell. Ducks also think they have a shot at Griffin, although I personally think he stays in LA. Taylor Stuart, Griffin, Hufunga and Irvin would be one hell of a DB class.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":27lonxxh said:
Anajimmc":27lonxxh said:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
Olaijiah Griffin
Solomon Tuli
Devon Williams
Julius Irvin

I think I was editing mine as you were replying. I read today that Alabama is getting another 5 star tackle and may not have room for Sewell. Ducks also think they have a shot at Griffin, although I personally think he stays in LA. Taylor Stuart, Griffin, Hufunga and Irvin would be one hell of a DB class.
Has the SEC ever worried about class size limitations?

I'd be stoked if that turned out to be our DB class, but look at the linebackers we have with Solomon it'd be right up there with the DB's

I thought the Ducks had a full class last summer, did they kick some kids loose for better prospects?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":2xgnemyh said:
JSeahawks":2xgnemyh said:
Anajimmc":2xgnemyh said:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
Olaijiah Griffin
Solomon Tuli
Devon Williams
Julius Irvin

I'd be stoked if that turned out to be our DB class, but look at the linebackers we have with Solomon it'd be right up there with the DB's

I thought the Ducks had a full class last summer, did they kick some kids loose for better prospects?

The plan all along was to take between 27 and 32. And one point we were up to 25 commits (i think, cant remember exactly) but then had quite a few decommit when Taggart left. Right now we're sitting at 21, so still looking to add somewhere between 5 and 8 more kids.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
I think this is the last year of impacts from the sanctions. USC's class is looking to be 18 to 20 at most.

D

DomeHawk

Anajimmc":11znraha said:
JSeahawks":11znraha said:
Anajimmc":11znraha said:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
Olaijiah Griffin
Solomon Tuli
Devon Williams
Julius Irvin

NCAA rules now limit 25 scholarships for each "class." That being said I think you can enroll in an earlier or later class to get around that rule. How that works specifically I don't know, you would have to go over the NCAA rule book.

At one time Oregon had 30 recruits listed until Taggart jumped ship. He took some and some went to other schools. Taggart also introduced sleazy SEC recruiting tactics to the Pac, whether they continue that trend remains to be seen.

UW signed 100% of its commits in the early signing period, Oregon 75%, many athletes are wavering over Oregon owing to its general downward trending and sub-par coaching.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... fb770fba43

hawkman

Reaction score
DomeHawk":ppvijcta said:
Anajimmc":ppvijcta said:
JSeahawks":ppvijcta said:
Anajimmc":ppvijcta said:

Isaac Taylor Stuart
Olaijiah Griffin
Solomon Tuli
Devon Williams
Julius Irvin

NCAA rules now limit 25 scholarships for each "class." That being said I think you can enroll in an earlier or later class to get around that rule. How that works specifically I don't know, you would have to go over the NCAA rule book.

At one time Oregon had 30 recruits listed until Taggart jumped ship. He took some and some went to other schools. Taggart also introduced sleazy SEC recruiting tactics to the Pac, whether they continue that trend remains to be seen.

UW signed 100% of its commits in the early signing period, Oregon 75%, many athletes are wavering over Oregon owing to its general downward trending and sub-par coaching.

I’m hearing at least two of those verbals will most likely end up elsewhere. And probably three. There is a reason they didn’t sign before. Oregon’s recruiting class will probably drop out of the top 25-30. Parents and recruits are starting to understand how bad the coaching situation really is.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkman":3kgjsfdu said:
I’m hearing at least two of those verbals will most likely end up elsewhere. And probably three. There is a reason they didn’t sign before. Oregon’s recruiting class will probably drop out of the top 25-30. Parents and recruits are starting to understand how bad the coaching situation really is.

Oh my.

Please, please, please go on the record and tell us who the 3 are that are likely not to sign with the ducks. Here are your options:

Jalen hall
Spencer Webb
Elijah Winston
teagon quintariano
Andrew Johnson
Justin johnson

Winston is the only one who is slightly wavering and I hope he decommits cuz I don’t think he’s very good.

The reason they didn’t sign before is because they hadn’t yet taken their official visits before the early signing day. They were scheduled to the weekend right before signing day when we got stuck playing in a crappy bowl game.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hawkman":2ulfjb3f said:
DomeHawk":2ulfjb3f said:
Anajimmc":2ulfjb3f said:
JSeahawks":2ulfjb3f said:

Hello Ruth

hawkman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2lzrhlre said:
hawkman":2lzrhlre said:

Oh my.

Please, please, please go on the record and tell us who the 3 are that are likely not to sign with the ducks. Here are your options:

Jalen hall
Spencer Webb
Elijah Winston
teagon quintariano
Andrew Johnson
Justin johnson

Winston is the only one who is slightly wavering and I hope he decommits cuz I don’t think he’s very good.

The reason they didn’t sign before is because they hadn’t yet taken their official visits before the early signing day. They were scheduled to the weekend right before signing day when we got stuck playing in a crappy bowl game.

It will all be out soon enough. And LMAO at the crappy bowl game. That game that exposed how out matched Oregon’s coaching staff was against a G5 school. Next year Oregon will be wishing they could go to a crappy bowl.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Who cares about Oregon? Washington got a commit at the most important position on the team! Championship, baby!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RuthJRobbins/status/956745615689465857[/tweet]

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2yctfljt said:
Who cares about Oregon? Washington got a commit at the most important position on the team! Championship, baby!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RuthJRobbins/status/956745615689465857[/tweet]

As a walk on, not a scholarship player. Which, imo, is the way to go with special teams players.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkman":3eiyzavk said:
JSeahawks":3eiyzavk said:
hawkman":3eiyzavk said:

Oh my.

Jalen hall
Spencer Webb
Elijah Winston
teagon quintariano
Andrew Johnson
Justin johnson

It will all be out soon enough. And LMAO at the crappy bowl game. That game that exposed how out matched Oregon’s coaching staff was against a G5 school. Next year Oregon will be wishing they could go to a crappy bowl.

Well please let me know when this super secret inside info you have about Oregon commits is about to drop. Thanks!

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":23iholax said:

Nice try at spin but, the reason thy didn't sign is because they aren't convinced Oregon is the place they want to be, period.

D

DomeHawk

Here's the deal, Oregon fans have been touting a "monster" recruiting class all year on this board. The truth is, it was never a top-5 class as they tried to make everyone believe. It was very early in the recruiting process and they never had the type of athletes that top-5 classes have. To be a top-5 class you have to have a high ratio of 4 and 5-star players to 3-star players. Oregon never had that, in fact they didn't have any 5-star players like the Alabama's and USC's do. The only reason it looked good early on was the Florida players that Taggart had already been recruiting at USF, AND the simple fact that they were recruiting so many, 30 at one point.

So, they are trying to convince us that they are out-recruiting UW and are about to break back into the elite status of college football., something they never really had. "247 Sports", a site they are constantly referencing as the most accurate college football recruiting site has something they call "College Football Team Talent Composite." This is an evaluation of each team's talent based upon the talent level of their recruits. In each of the last two years Oregon has had a better team talent composite than UW. In these two years UW has beat Oregon by scores of 70-21 and 38-3.

Need more?

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footb ... tComposite

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":3kr9fw12 said:
Here's the deal, Oregon fans have been touting a "monster" recruiting class all year on this board. The truth is, it was never a top-5 class as they tried to make everyone believe. It was very early in the recruiting process and they never had the type of athletes that top-5 classes have. To be a top-5 class you have to have a high ratio of 4 and 5-star players to 3-star players. Oregon never had that, in fact they didn't have any 5-star players like the Alabama's and USC's do. The only reason it looked good early on was the Florida players that Taggart had already been recruiting at USF, AND the simple fact that they were recruiting so many, 30 at one point.

So, they are trying to convince us that they are out-recruiting UW and are about to break back into the elite status of college football., something they never really had. "247 Sports", a site they are constantly referencing as the most accurate college football recruiting site has something they call "College Football Team Talent Composite." This is an evaluation of each team's talent based upon the talent level of their recruits. In each of the last two years Oregon has had a better team talent composite than UW. In these two years UW has beat Oregon by scores of 70-21 and 38-3.

Enough said.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footb ... tComposite

So, if I am a recruit what does this tell me?

It's very simple, there is no player development at Oregon, UW is sending 3-star recruits to the early rounds of the NFL draft and Oregon is sending its players to Eugene's minimum-wage industries.

Latest posts