The 2018 Recruiting Thread

D

DomeHawk

Anajimmc

Reaction score
DomeHawk":t4132jpx said:
Anajimmc":t4132jpx said:

Good read, certainly wish him well. It is easy to see why he was considering Oregon given they had no WR commits recently. Now that they have gotten a couple of 4-stars, it may not seem so clear to him. That, and given the fact that Oregon doesn't have good prospects at passing QB beyond this year will probably play a role in his choice.
I think you're correct on everything. I just find it hard to read the logical thought process of an 18 year old boy. Recently it was reported that the constant changing of the "cool" Duck uniforms was part of the draw to Eugene..Go figure?

D

DomeHawk

Anajimmc":2l8u2k5e said:
DomeHawk":2l8u2k5e said:
Anajimmc":2l8u2k5e said:

Good read, certainly wish him well. It is easy to see why he was considering Oregon given they had no WR commits recently. Now that they have gotten a couple of 4-stars, it may not seem so clear to him. That, and given the fact that Oregon doesn't have good prospects at passing QB beyond this year will probably play a role in his choice.
I think you're correct on everything. I just find it hard to read the logical thought process of an 18 year old boy. Recently it was reported that the constant changing of the "cool" Duck uniforms was part of the draw to Eugene..Go figure?

The draw of "cool" sport's attire on young athletes and young people in general isn't lost on Nike's marketing department. The fact that the NCAA allows a major sport's footwear and apparel manufacturer to be so closely involved with a college sport's program is beyond me.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1r9lqpdt said:
Anajimmc":1r9lqpdt said:
DomeHawk":1r9lqpdt said:
Anajimmc":1r9lqpdt said:

The draw of "cool" sport's attire on young athletes and young people in general isn't lost on Nike's marketing department. The fact that the NCAA allows a major sport's footwear and apparel manufacturer to be so closely involved with a college sport's program is beyond me.
Oregon Knight's

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":33ju81hw said:
Anajimmc":33ju81hw said:

This is trying so hard to negative recruit against Oregon as if recruits actually read this, it’s hilarious. You should watch Tyler Shoughs tape and read up on him. He’s a better pure passer than Yankoff, but not as good of an athlete.

(I slightly like Yankoff better because he’s more of a duel threat, but the passing game will not be a problem.)

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.

If he chooses usc it’s because they’re the home town school and it’s because they’re usc. Not because Oregon has a few 4 star receivers.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2c4biqp1 said:
Btw, when Taggart was here we had 5 4 star receivers commited and that wasn’t a problem for Williams. The guy is a borderline 5 star, he’s not afraid of competition. And if he was I wouldn’t want him.
Those are the players you want. Any kid who looks at the line up and says Look I've got an easy path I don't want. Any kid that says He's the top rated XYZ I think I can beat his Ass, that's the kid for me. And 24/7 crystal ball has Williams to Oregon, hoping they're wrong. Williams and St. Brown would create matchup nightmares for years to come.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":337mrs71 said:

If he chooses usc it’s because they’re the home town school and it’s because they’re usc. Not because Oregon has a few 4 star receivers.

Every high profile recruit evaluates on any number of factors, including who's already committed at their positions, player development, demographics, etc. - etc., i.e., it's a long list. Included in that evaluation are multiple advisers helping them
decide.

As for him being a "borderline 5-star" player? Yes, we get it, UDub players are low 3-star when Oregon players are high 3-star or borderline 4-star, lol. If he's borderline 5-star, UW's Marquis Spiker must be a borderline 6-star.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1ax8m6i2 said:
JSeahawks":1ax8m6i2 said:

As for him being a "borderline 5-star" player? Yes, we get it, UDub players are low 3-star when Oregon players are high 3-star or borderline 4-star, lol. If he's borderline 5-star, UW's Marquis Spiker must be a borderline 6-star.

Why does everything have to be a competition between Oregon and Washington? I called him a border line 5 star because until 10 days ago when 247 reordered their list he WAS a 5 star.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1dzvi9gy said:
DomeHawk":1dzvi9gy said:
JSeahawks":1dzvi9gy said:

Why does everything have to be a competition between Oregon and Washington? I called him a border line 5 star because until 10 days ago when 247 reordered their list he WAS a 5 star.

Nothing personal, just an observation. :D

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2fmzh4w2 said:
247Sports predicting 4-star Julius Irvin to UW Huskies over Alabama and USC.

He was pretty good back in the day for the 76ers. But getting pretty old.

Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":214ze65n said:
Visited usc on the 27th and right after that got a bunch of movement towards uw. I’m guessing usc told him they don’t have room for him. Would be a good get for uw though.

Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?

Probably waiting for one of those "borderline" 5-star recruits huh?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":38x5bpch said:
JSeahawks":38x5bpch said:

Yeah right, why would they want one of the best 4-star DB recruits in the country?

Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3t72k0zu said:
DomeHawk":3t72k0zu said:
JSeahawks":3t72k0zu said:

Because they’re getting 5 star dBs Isaac Taylor Stuart and Olaijah Griffin. And they’re taking a very small class.
But a clas of :
ITS
Griffin
Irvin
Hufanga
Would be oh so hard to take.

Word is SC is looking at 6 new commits on signing day. Clay Helton is in Utah today, so maybe that ship hasn't sailed.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1gpuotd9 said:
DomeHawk":1gpuotd9 said:
JSeahawks":1gpuotd9 said:

247 lists USC with three 5-star commits, none of whom are DB's.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":29mzfudh said:
JSeahawks":29mzfudh said:
DomeHawk":29mzfudh said:
JSeahawks":29mzfudh said:

Neither of those 2 are commited yet. Like I said, it’s just my guess of what happened, I very well could be wrong. But it’s not very often that you see a kid take a visit then suddenly start getting cb’s somewhere else.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":mbsbrpvi said:
DomeHawk":mbsbrpvi said:
JSeahawks":mbsbrpvi said:
DomeHawk":mbsbrpvi said:

Neither of those 2 are commited yet. Like I said, it’s just my guess of what happened, I very well could be wrong. But it’s not very often that you see a kid take a visit then suddenly start getting cb’s somewhere else.

It would make absolutely NO sense that they would say that we don't want you when they don't have those players signed or even committed. It's just more disinformation.