The 2018 Recruiting Thread

cesame

Reaction score
Oregon wasn't elite? That's funny. They're certainly not elite right now, but if winning Rose Bowl's and competing for National Championships isn't elite then there are only like 3 elite teams in all of college football.

Also, what does that mean for UW the past two seasons then? Because right now their resume is win a bad conference and get dominated in their bowl game. Big red flag. It's going to continue to be that way as long as noodle arm is at QB.

D

DomeHawk

cesame":vcz15emq said:
Oregon wasn't elite? That's funny. They're certainly not elite right now, but if winning Rose Bowl's and competing for National Championships isn't elite then there are only like 3 elite teams in all of college football.

Also, what does that mean for UW the past two seasons then? Because right now their resume is win a bad conference and get dominated in their bowl game. Big red flag. It's going to continue to be that way as long as noodle arm is at QB.

"Elite" programs win national championships, in fact, real elites win multiple NC's. Oregon has never even been close to that. Without infusions of cash from Phil Knight Oregon has never been anything but a lower to middle-of-the-pack team. It appears they have regained that form.

BTW, "noodle arm" laid 70 and 38 on the hapless duckies the last two seasons.

As for the "bad conference" reference all the teams in the Pac-12 were at full strength. When Oregon had its best years USC was under sanctions where their scholarships were restricted.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This thread is devolving into a school yard argument about favorite teams.

The thread is a great resource to post about future prospects, recruits and the futures of these programs. If you want to argue over which program is better (a totally subjective argument that will never be won by any of you) start a thread and take it there.

If you insist on naughty words and name calling. Start it in the Shack.

Stay on topic. Please and thank you

chris98251

Reaction score
Oregon, Oregon St, Washington St, and University of Washington are at a point of close to being as balanced as you can get as far as what is possible. Something that I have not seen since the 70's all have a positive outlook for recruits right now, the local competition should be tough for players once again having options at all 4 schools and those schools having a chance to win and get bowl births.

It's fun to have rivals if you just have fun with it and not make it a personal vendetta btw, JSeahawks knows my flipping him shit is in jest and poking fun, it's something that has developed over years here, you can't walk in the door, people dont know whether you're joking.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Dang, Bama makes me nervous. Sewell is supposedly a lock to the Tide, now I find out Griffin and ITS are visiting this weekend....Not Good.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":3rbnt0f1 said:
Dang, Bama makes me nervous. Sewell is supposedly a lock to the Tide, now I find out Griffin and ITS are visiting this weekend....Not Good.

I'm sure these very top end west coast kids are hearing all about how badly the pac12 failed during bowl season from Saban and others. Hopefully these guys decide to stay on the west coast, even if it is at USC.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":lea5gchl said:
Anajimmc":lea5gchl said:

I'm sure these very top end west coast kids are hearing all about how badly the pac12 failed during bowl season from Saban and others. Hopefully these guys decide to stay on the west coast, even if it is at USC.
Agreed, I'm all Pac 12. Saban is a hell of a draw, hopefully Mom and home cooking will keep them home.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":1jlo098p said:

Just because the Pac-12 had one bad bowl year doesn't make the Pac an unattractive destination for premier recruits. What do these great athletes really want? They want to get to the NFL and the Pac is still sending plenty of players to the early rounds. In 2017 the Pac-12 had six players in the first round. In fact, in the last three years Washington has more first rounders than USC and Stanford has as many.

Going to Alabama or USC has it its risks, it is easy to get lost in the log jam of top recruits and be overlooked or have to wait a long time to get your turn.

http://pac-12.com/article/2017/04/27/20 ... -3-overall

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SEC means prime time, nationally televised games. It’s literally the biggest stage. Their are risks. But hard to argue the SEC isn’t the top draw... by a stretch

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1y3hvhy3 said:
SEC means prime time, nationally televised games. It’s literally the biggest stage. Their are risks. But hard to argue the SEC isn’t the top draw... by a stretch

Maybe so, but as recently as 2015 the Pac-12 put more players in the 1st round than the SEC did.

All I am saying is that if you are really good you don't have to go to Alabama OR USC to succeed. Honestly, if I was a top recruit I would pick a school that has a history of putting players in the early rounds that ALSO has a great need for my position/skills immediately.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Cameron Davis, a consensus three-star running back, tweeted Sunday afternoon he pledged to the Huskies. He joins four-star quarterback and Graham-Kapowsin star Dylan Morris and Rainier Beach three-star offensive tackle Nathaniel Kalepo.

Davis, who is listed at 6-foot and 180 pounds, ran 114 times for 1,066 yards and 20 touchdowns last season at Upland (Calif.). He guided the Highlanders to a 12-1 record.

Rivals considers Davis to be the No. 34 running back in the nation and the No. 50 in California. 247 Sports rates Davis as the No. 35 back in America and the 63rd best player in the state.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 38089.html

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1m0v7y3j said:
Cameron Davis, a consensus three-star running back, tweeted Sunday afternoon he pledged to the Huskies. He joins four-star quarterback and Graham-Kapowsin star Dylan Morris and Rainier Beach three-star offensive tackle Nathaniel Kalepo.

Davis, who is listed at 6-foot and 180 pounds, ran 114 times for 1,066 yards and 20 touchdowns last season at Upland (Calif.). He guided the Highlanders to a 12-1 record.

Rivals considers Davis to be the No. 34 running back in the nation and the No. 50 in California. 247 Sports rates Davis as the No. 35 back in America and the 63rd best player in the state.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 38089.html

Here's his highlights. Definitely looks like he needs to bulk up a bit, but that wont be a problem since he's just a high school junior.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7271255/Cameron-Davis

Austin Jones is the 2019 running back I really like that I think UW and Oregon are going to be fighting over. His high school coach is Napolean Kaufman.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":gz20w6kd said:
Austin Jones is the 2019 running back I really like that I think UW and Oregon are going to be fighting over. His high school coach is Napolean Kaufman.

I will never forget Napolean his first year at UDub, he was so fast he would literally run out of his cleats. Freakish speed!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
4 star receiver Isaah Crocker out of Sacramento has commited to the Ducks. Reminds me a lot of Darren Carrington, hopefully without the weed and alcohol issues. He's a good story too, his mom was shot and killed when he was 7 years old, he commited on what would have been her birthday today.

Ducks still looking to sign 2, maybe 3, more WR's.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zaayc/status/958159277058801664[/tweet]

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4513323/Isaah-Crocker

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":38v71bl8 said:
4 star receiver Isaah Crocker out of Sacramento has commited to the Ducks. Reminds me a lot of Darren Carrington, hopefully without the weed and alcohol issues. He's a good story too, his mom was shot and killed when he was 7 years old, he commited on what would have been her birthday today.

Ducks still looking to sign 2, maybe 3, more WR's.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zaayc/status/958159277058801664[/tweet]

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4513323/Isaah-Crocker
As long as none are named Devon Williams.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":3rf8q8wa said:

I know for 100% fact that he told some current Duck players as well as other Duck commits that he was going to be a Duck when he was in Eugene this weekend. Whether that was just telling them what they want to hear, or whether its definitely true will be found out next week on signing day.

I know that our Oregon insider feels really, really confident on this one. But obviously, nobody is right all the time in 'cruitin.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xiu0pp2 said:
Anajimmc":1xiu0pp2 said:

I know for 100% fact that he told some current Duck players as well as other Duck commits that he was going to be a Duck when he was in Eugene this weekend. Whether that was just telling them what they want to hear, or whether its definitely true will be found out next week on signing day.

I know that our Oregon insider feels really, really confident on this one. But obviously, nobody is right all the time in 'cruitin.
Truer words, can't forget the De's, DeAnthony and Deshawn. They were SC locks.