The 2018 Recruiting Thread

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Disinformation? Its my opinion my man. Nothing more, nothing less. Isnt that the point of message boards? To share our opinions?

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":q2dtisyq said:
Disinformation? Its my opinion my man. Nothing more, nothing less. Isnt that the point of message boards? To share our opinions?

Yes, but when someone posts something as if it is a fact then it isn't opinion. You are saying the only reason UW might get him is that USC didn't want him but there is NOTHING that would suggest that.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Domehawk,
Sick of agruiing, its getting old. Who are your 3 favorite signees that UW has in this class?

Anajimmc, same question to you for USC's class so far? Sc85Sis?

I'd love it if some of the other UW fans that like to talk recruiting would chime in to. Drrrew? Hawkfan77? Davidomni? Others? Cesame on the Oregon side? Any Coug fans who are paying attention?

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7a1bst17 said:
Domehawk,
Sick of agruiing, its getting old. Who are your 3 favorite signees that UW has in this class?

Anajimmc, same question to you for USC's class so far? Sc85Sis?

I'd love it if some of the other UW fans that like to talk recruiting would chime in to. Drrrew? Hawkfan77? Davidomni? Others? Cesame on the Oregon side? Any Coug fans who are paying attention?
That's a tough ask, but:
Justin Dedich: always love the O-line guys. Been a long term, unwavering recruit, who's been in other recruits ear.
Raymond Scott: another long term recruit. His mom passed away this year, got to be tough for a young man to go through, so you want the best for him.
JT Daniels: come on, Gatorade player of the year as a junior. Wants to matriculate so badly, that he's re-classifying from a junior to a senior and putting in the class work to make it happen.

and same question to you.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":2nabr9xn said:
and same question to you.

For me:

1. Jevon Holland. In many way's he's the leader of the class. Keeping them all on point and recruiting others through all the coaching drama. Plus, he's a stud on the field and seems like a fun kid off the field.

2. Travis Dye: Mostly just because I root for the underdog. He's not the highest rated guy but I really like his tape. Plus his brother (linebacker Troy Dye) was also a very unheralded recruit and then came in and after about 3 practices it was obvious he was one of the best players on the team. I'm hoping the blood lines deliver another stud.

3. Andrew Johnson. Love pulling kids out of SEC country (he's from Georgia). He looks like an SEC type linebacker.

Hufanga is the one that got away that I think is going to sting. Man, would have loved to land him.

D

DomeHawk

Not ignoring the question, thought I posted something but it disappeared.

Let me think on it, right now a certain 16-year-old LB/DE is testing my patience.

drrew

Reaction score
Favorite (not necessarily best) UW recruits:

MJ Ale - OL out of Fife, WA. Listed at 6'6 330, but looking at some pictures from the Polynesia Bowl, I think he's likely even bigger than that. Ale grew up in Australia and is a 2x Golden Gloves heavyweight boxing champion. He's going to need a fair amount of work, but he could be just a road grader at guard in a couple years.

Kyler Gordon - DB out of Everett, WA. Budda Baker redux. This kid has the football instincts and hips to be an absolute start defensive back. Have to just hope Jimmy Lake sticks around as he's a star coach.

Marquis Spiker - Wide receiver was a big problem for the UW offense this past season. 6'3 Spiker paired with 6'4 Ty Jones from last seasons recruiting class is going to make sure WR is a position of strength for the next 3 years. They could both be NFL talents.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Julius Irvin 4 star DB from Servite (Anaheim, CA) just committed to UDUB. Woof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkman

Reaction score
dopeboy206":20eco3dq said:
Julius Irvin 4 star DB from Servite (Anaheim, CA) just committed to UDUB. Woof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a huge get! I think he is under rated as a 4 star.

hawkman

Reaction score
There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Good get. Dad played in the NFL, so as they say in Real Estate, Good Bones.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
hawkman":rlortzcz said:
There is a very good chance UW also gets 4 star DT Tuli Letuligasenoa to flip from USC. Looking like we have a good chance at 4 star DE Jeremiah Martin as well. Getting one of those two would be a great way to finish out the class, getting both would be amazing.
There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.

hawkman

Reaction score
Anajimmc":31g5gmpx said:
hawkman":31g5gmpx said:
There's some concern in LA about this too. SC had a "surprise" visit from a linebacker committed to Oregon. The thinking is that he would be a replacement for one player who they thought they had that is going elsewhere. Could be Irvin, Tuli or Solomon.

I tke it that it was Winston you were referring to? If so we that would be a good get. The kid is a baller.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkman":n09hinp9 said:
Anajimmc":n09hinp9 said:
hawkman":n09hinp9 said:

I tke it that it was Winston you were referring to? If so we that would be a good get. The kid is a baller.

I hope you guys get Winston. Save us a waisted scholarship.

hawkman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":cgtax0id said:
hawkman":cgtax0id said:
Anajimmc":cgtax0id said:
hawkman":cgtax0id said:

Kid has offers from 11 schools. Please fill us in on what you know that the professional analysts and all the coaches that offered him don’t know.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":kjvw8uvw said:
hawkman":kjvw8uvw said:
Anajimmc":kjvw8uvw said:
hawkman":kjvw8uvw said:

Well if it's Winston for Irvin, I'll take it cause we're not getting Irvin anyways. We've got 2 good DL so although I'd like to have Tuli, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Don't want to trade Winston for Solomon, I want Solomon, he's a baller.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think he’s not athletic enough to be a linebacker, not big enough to be a d’linemen. Plus I’ve heard some things about his competitiveness from guys who have coached against him.

Just my opinion.

There were I think 9 4 stars in Oregon this year, huganga (usc), Lenzy (Notre Dame) and Cota (UCLA) were the only ones I liked. The majority of Oregon high school players are overrated because they play crap competition, in my opinion. Including the ones signing with Oregon.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":21hbsfdo said:
I think he’s not athletic enough to be a linebacker, not big enough to be a d’linemen. Plus I’ve heard some things about his competitiveness from guys who have coached against him.

Just my opinion.

There were I think 9 4 stars in Oregon this year, huganga (usc), Lenzy (Notre Dame) and Cota (UCLA) were the only ones I liked. The majority of Oregon high school players are overrated because they play crap competition, in my opinion. Including the ones signing with Oregon.

C'mon, get real. If he decommits, "we didn't want him anyway." If he commits, he's a "borderline" 5-star. Very entertaining.

As for the description, you could be describing my youngest son although he's athletic but not really fast, if that makes sense. He is also very competitive so we let him switch from private school to public 4A. While he was at private his school played a team called Archbishop Murphy HS, a private catholic school located in the 'burbs north of Seattle. Archbishop is what you would call a "stacked" team, so much so that the smaller schools in their division often just forfeit to protect their players who are typically much smaller than Archbishop's. They recruit players from around the region and are able to bypass rules governing recruitment of players outside of their district due to their private catholic status. Typically, they will give scholarships to those players who cannot afford the tuition.

So, not only do they play against inferior (crap, as you say) competition, but often they don't play at all with several teams forfeiting their games. Does this make their players bad? Apparently not, because they are one of the highly recruited schools in the region and in fact, Kyler Gordon, the states #1 recruit who chose UDub, is an Archbishop Murphy player.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2zblp3f8 said:
JSeahawks":2zblp3f8 said:

Just my opinion.

C'mon, get real. If he decommits, "we didn't want him anyway." If he commits, he's a "borderline" 5-star. Very entertaining.

Go back and read my post when he commited. The nicest thing I said about him was that his brother plays for the ducks.