The 2018 Recruiting Thread

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":h15n46e7 said:
DomeHawk":h15n46e7 said:
JSeahawks":h15n46e7 said:
Oh, one more thing to add to the above post. There is also rumors of a big time incoming transfer that will be added to the Ducks roster sometime between signing day and spring football. The only hint that we've been given is that he's a big time guy. Dont even know the position and dont known if its a senior transfer or a hardship transfer that will be eligible immediatly or if its someone who will have to sit out a year.

We are hearing rumors that there will be mass defections from Oregon.

Hope so. There are a lot of scholarships being waisted. Would be awesome to cut some fat. Very highly doubt anybody of consequence is leaving. If you’ve heard names I’d love to hear themZ

We've been advised not to mention any names but yes, it's gonna be painful.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":bk4bz7ph said:
JSeahawks":bk4bz7ph said:
DomeHawk":bk4bz7ph said:
JSeahawks":bk4bz7ph said:
Oh, one more thing to add to the above post. There is also rumors of a big time incoming transfer that will be added to the Ducks roster sometime between signing day and spring football. The only hint that we've been given is that he's a big time guy. Dont even know the position and dont known if its a senior transfer or a hardship transfer that will be eligible immediatly or if its someone who will have to sit out a year.

Hope so. There are a lot of scholarships being waisted. Would be awesome to cut some fat. Very highly doubt anybody of consequence is leaving. If you’ve heard names I’d love to hear themZ

Uh huh. And who are your sources? Uw insiders know the ins and outs of what Oregon players are planning now?

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2daj5xq4 said:
DomeHawk":2daj5xq4 said:
JSeahawks":2daj5xq4 said:
DomeHawk":2daj5xq4 said:

Uh huh. And who are your sources? Uw insiders know the ins and outs of what Oregon players are planning now?

This isn't just a UW insider, this is purported to be a national recruiting insider.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":35uxs8d2 said:
JSeahawks":35uxs8d2 said:
DomeHawk":35uxs8d2 said:
JSeahawks":35uxs8d2 said:

This isn't just a UW insider, this is a national recruiting insider.

Which one? I follow just about all of them. Point me in the direction of the article and the info.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":3wucjs6a said:
DomeHawk":3wucjs6a said:
JSeahawks":3wucjs6a said:
DomeHawk":3wucjs6a said:

Which one? I follow just about all of them. Point me in the direction of the article and the info.

C'mon, you know that these people can't reveal insider information at this stage of the game. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1kxoghze said:
JSeahawks":1kxoghze said:
DomeHawk":1kxoghze said:
JSeahawks":1kxoghze said:

C'mon, you know that these people can't reveal insider information at this stage of the game. Stay tuned.

Yet they revealed it to you? I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat my man

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Allow me to remind you of this rule:

** Posting information from inside sources **

If you claim a confidential source, prior to posting you must contact Seahawks.NET owner RockHawk and have your source verified. Verification is quick and completely confidential and will not put your source at risk.

If your source checks out .net will allow postings citing a confidential source with our support.

All other posts citing inside sources will be deleted without explanation.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As expected Tuli ImNotgoingtoattempttospellhislastname has flipped his commitment to UW. That will push UW's class at least temporarily past USC into 11th in the rankings.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
After being committed to USC for more than nine months, four-star prospect Tuli Letuligasenoa will be coming to Washington instead.

Letuligasenoa decided Monday he would back off his pledge from the Trojans to join UW and be part of the Huskies’ historic 2018 recruiting class. The story was first reported by Realdawg.com. It was later reinforced when members of the Huskies’ coaching staff tweeted about the team getting better. Huskies coach Chris Petersen soon followed by tweeting “Woof!!!!” which has become the official sign that they’ve locked up a recruit.

Petersen and his staff have built the best recruiting class the school has enjoyed in the modern recruiting area.

It’s a group that now features 11 composite four-star prospects. Both 247 Sports and Rivals deemed UW’s class as the No. 1 group in the Pac-12 prior to Letuligasenoa’s commitment.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 79234.html

hawkman

Reaction score
UW’s class #7 with 247 Sports ranking! I’m pretty sure SC will pass us, but think we have a good shot of staying in the top 10.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/status/960747989319823361[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/960749157597167616[/tweet]

D

DomeHawk

KitsapGuy":3sk6hcn2 said:
After being committed to USC for more than nine months, four-star prospect Tuli Letuligasenoa will be coming to Washington instead.

Letuligasenoa decided Monday he would back off his pledge from the Trojans to join UW and be part of the Huskies’ historic 2018 recruiting class. The story was first reported by Realdawg.com. It was later reinforced when members of the Huskies’ coaching staff tweeted about the team getting better. Huskies coach Chris Petersen soon followed by tweeting “Woof!!!!” which has become the official sign that they’ve locked up a recruit.

Petersen and his staff have built the best recruiting class the school has enjoyed in the modern recruiting area.

It’s a group that now features 11 composite four-star prospects. Both 247 Sports and Rivals deemed UW’s class as the No. 1 group in the Pac-12 prior to Letuligasenoa’s commitment.

This is an amazing class and not just because of all the multi-star players but the makeup of the class. Somehow, Chris Petersen has been able to convince two of the top QB recruits to come here and compete with each other, that's no mean feat. We have a linebacker who is as good as any linebacker in the country, huge OL's including a 4-star offensive linemen, national top WR's, highly sought-after defensive backs who have witnessed multiple UDub defensive backs being drafted in the early rounds, and now a defensive tackle in the mold of Vita Vea.

Enjoy the ride because: IT'S GREAT TO BE A HUSKY!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ppkbirx said:
KitsapGuy":3ppkbirx said:

This is an amazing class and not just because of all the multi-star players but the makeup of the class. Somehow, Chris Petersen has been able to convince two of the top QB recruits to come here and compete with each other, that's no mean feat. We have a linebacker who is as good as any linebacker in the country, huge OL's including a 4-star offensive linemen, national top WR's, highly sought-after defensive backs who have witnessed multiple UDub defensive backs being drafted in the early rounds, and now a defensive tackle in the mold of Vita Vea.

Top QB's together usually means one a redshirt at least one year and a stagger so you get two senior seasons from them, good way to get them in one will start at some point and you have competition to see who is the back up to the typical incumbent.

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":y8iwpzgm said:
DomeHawk":y8iwpzgm said:

Top QB's together usually means one a redshirt at least one year and a stagger so you get two senior seasons from them, good way to get them in one will start at some point and you have competition to see who is the back up to the typical incumbent.

There is another possibility also. Jacob Eason, the former Gatorade National Football Player of the Year, is transferring from Georgia and is said to be thinking of joining those two at UW. Brock Huard said about Eason in a tweet: "I've seen a lot of talented throwers in person through my years: Patrick Mahomes, Favre, Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson...but as far as a teenager throwing the rock, this kid has no peers that I've seen."

So, what happens if Eason beats out both of them? He has two years of eligibility left so here's my best scenario to keep all three of them:

Redshirt one of the two as you say, Jake graduates, Eason plays two years, one of the two starts his senior season and then the redshirt plays his senior season the next year.

Sounds like wishful thinking? Not necessarily, if you remember the James' era that's kinda how it went, you waited your turn. Yes, I know there were some exceptions (Billy-Joe) but for the most part that's how it went.

Voila!

https://twitter.com/brockespn/status/951896578075213824

D

DomeHawk

Jeremiah Martin Visit Report: 1 out of 10? He Gives Husky Visit a”15″

“It was one of the best visits I've been on”, Martin said, “I mean, everyone else….the others were okay, but this was amazing. It was the best.”

https://realdawghuskies.com/2018/02/05/ ... visit-a15/

You can't read this unless you have a Realdawg subscription but I just wanted to post the quotes anyway.

He does look very good in purple though.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Optimism level lowered in duck land today. Yesterday Devon Williams was thought to be a duck lock, 100%, today it sounds like usc still has a chance. Folks getting nervous as it comes down to the wire. I swear Oregon fans are the most insecure in the world.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1xvoo8n3 said:

“It was one of the best visits I've been on”, Martin said, “I mean, everyone else….the others were okay, but this was amazing. It was the best.”

You can't read this unless you have a Realdawg subscription but I just wanted to post the quotes anyway.

Ah, good ol’ Ruth. I miss her since her site went underground/pay for view only. That’s one crazy woman but she’s definitely got a passion for her huskies.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2rap4stt said:
DomeHawk":2rap4stt said:

Ah, good ol’ Ruth. I miss her since her site went underground/pay for view only. That’s one crazy woman but she’s definitely got a passion for her huskies.

Ha! Yeah, I don't subscribe there, but she is ALL-OVER-IT as you say though. It seems eDuck has done something similar, lots of changes lately. Bit of paranoia too.

Latest posts