Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/961007777387720704[/tweet]

Yankoff and Sirmon are 4 stars

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Sounds like Devon Williams is going to choose usc. Sewell Oregon. Ezeike UCLA.

Not set in stone, but that’s the feeling of Oregon’s staff.

Supposedly Williams has been telling both Oregon coaches and usc’s coaches that he was going to their school. Sounds like hometown is going to win out.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":170ps1bm said:

Supposedly Williams has been telling both Oregon coaches and usc’s coaches that he was going to their school. Sounds like hometown is going to win out.
Solo announces at 9:00 this morning, I'm hearing good things about OG & ITS, DW has been around campus lately. Those 4 might take us to the limit.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":1vvqluv9 said:
JSeahawks":1vvqluv9 said:

Solo announces at 9:00 this morning, I'm hearing good things about OG & ITS, DW has been around campus lately. Those 4 might take us to the limit.

I think in the future I might become a USC fan just for signing day, haha. Curious, what do you think about Helton getting an extension? Looking at usc boards, a lot of fans not very happy about it.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":20ljwcja said:
Anajimmc":20ljwcja said:
JSeahawks":20ljwcja said:

I think in the future I might become a USC fan just for signing day, haha. Curious, what do you think about Helton getting an extension? Looking at usc boards, a lot of fans not very happy about it.
Fans are morons, we don't know S#!%. Helton is not flashy, he is not an extreme personality, he was not a big name when he was hired. All he's done is win, the kids love him, he's done and outstanding job of recruiting and stabilized the system. The only downside that I can think of is player development, and that's only because of a limited sample size. I see a lot of Coach Petersen in him, and that's a good thing.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
KABOOOM!!!! Solomon is a Trojan. SC might have the best linebacker class in the nation. Later today we I'm hoping to say the same about defensive backs!!!!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":bzeijshp said:
JSeahawks":bzeijshp said:
Duck boards on full meltdown mode. It’s awesome.
Why's that?

Because most of them started being duck fans during the Chip Kelly era and at the slightest sign of adversity they freak out, whine and cry.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3w09ucdy said:

What a crazy few months it's been for Oregon fans. You were looking at maybe the greatest ever recruiting class in Oregon history about 60 days ago, it was easy top 10, maybe even higher, and I realize the sites still have Oregon around 15 right now, but it certainly doesn't feel like a top 15 class at the moment.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ddiwarb6 said:
Anajimmc":ddiwarb6 said:
JSeahawks":ddiwarb6 said:
Why's that?

Because most of them started being duck fans during the Chip Kelly era and at the slightest sign of adversity they freak out, whine and cry.
See, I'm right, fans are morons.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":3gyxm1bp said:
JSeahawks":3gyxm1bp said:

What a crazy few months it's been for Oregon fans. You were looking at maybe the greatest ever recruiting class in Oregon history about 60 days ago, it was easy top 10, maybe even higher, and I realize the sites still have Oregon around 15 right now, but it certainly doesn't feel like a top 15 class at the moment.

I’m actually pretty happy with the class. It kind of finished with a whimper rather then a bang like we were hoping too (although Sewell is still a pretty Big Bang!) but we’ve covered all our needs. The one thing the class is lacking is a natural pass rusher, which we could have used.

Ducks are only going to be at 75 total scholarships, so they have a lot of room to bring in senior transfers to fill holes if needed.

15ish isn’t where we thought we’d finish a couple months ago, but coming off two disappointing seasons and 3 coaching changes in this recruiting cycle, it’s pretty damn good. I’m excited to see what this staff can do for next years class.

drrew

Reaction score
Jeremiah Martin to Texas A&M so UW is done for this recruiting season.

Couldn't be much happier with the class. Lots of Poly kids, not sure whether that's a renewed focus or just how things fell.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":8i954y10 said:
Jeremiah Martin to Texas A&M so UW is done for this recruiting season.

Couldn't be much happier with the class. Lots of Poly kids, not sure whether that's a renewed focus or just how things fell.

Whether intentional or not , that’s a good look going into the next class. Those kids tend to like to play with other poly’s and Hawaii is loaded in this upcoming class.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":2le4ptok said:
drrew":2le4ptok said:
JSeahawks":2le4ptok said:

I’m actually pretty happy with the class. It kind of finished with a whimper rather then a bang like we were hoping too (although Sewell is still a pretty Big Bang!) but we’ve covered all our needs. The one thing the class is lacking is a natural pass rusher, which we could have used.

Ducks are only going to be at 75 total scholarships, so they have a lot of room to bring in senior transfers to fill holes if needed.

15ish isn’t where we thought we’d finish a couple months ago, but coming off two disappointing seasons and 3 coaching changes in this recruiting cycle, it’s pretty damn good. I’m excited to see what this staff can do for next years class.

If I was an Oregon fan I would be absolutely thrilled with this recruiting class, while it may not have turned out like they wanted, their expectations weren't very realistic anyway. Having said that, it was an excellent example of damage control.

The Oregon recruiting class was never going to be top-5 as reported in this thread. Top-5 classes have multiple 5-stars and a high ratio of 4-stars to 3-stars, Oregon never had that and was never going to have that. What Oregon had was a lot of recruits and a new coach dragging his former recruits across the country. For a NW school to attract those 5-stars that project into the upper echelons of recruiting they are probably going to have to win a national championship or two to have that kind of exposure.

The biggest problem Oregon has is that recruits are not picking them because they are good but because they are not. Oregon has gaping holes at positions of need and the higher-rated recruits are looking for early playing time. This is the opposite of why recruits choose the Alabama's, USC's and now Georgia. Even UDub, which went through a very significant downturn has revived and has recruits picking them for their winning outlook. Will that continue? Yes, at least for the immediate they look very good with all those QB's and a proven coaching staff but you have to keep winning.

And no, this isn't duck negativity or hatred, it's simple reality. College football is very cyclic and today's hero's can easily be tomorrow's goats. We all have our day in the barrel, and like I always say, "I don't seek humility, humility seeks me."

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
We’ll never know but if Willie had stayed I bet it would have been top 5. But oh well, it’s cruitin, happy about the ones we got, not gonna worry about the ones we didn’t.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1qz15pfx said:
JSeahawks":1qz15pfx said:
drrew":1qz15pfx said:
JSeahawks":1qz15pfx said:

If I was an Oregon fan I would be absolutely thrilled with this recruiting class, while it may not have turned out like they wanted, their expectations weren't very realistic anyway. Having said that, it was an excellent example of damage control.

The Oregon recruiting class was never going to be top-5 as reported in this thread. Top-5 classes have multiple 5-stars and a high ratio of 4-stars to 3-stars, Oregon never had that and was never going to have that. What Oregon had was a lot of recruits and a new coach dragging his former recruits across the country. For a NW school to attract those 5-stars that project into the upper echelons of recruiting they are probably going to have to win a national championship or two to have that kind of exposure.

The biggest problem Oregon has is that recruits are not picking them because they are good but because they are not. Oregon has gaping holes at positions of need and the higher-rated recruits are looking for early playing time. This is the opposite of why recruits choose the Alabama's, USC's and now Georgia. Even UDub, which went through a very significant downturn has revived and has recruits picking them for their winning outlook. Will that continue? Yes, at least for the immediate they look very good with all those QB's and a proven coaching staff but you have to keep winning.

And no, this isn't duck negativity or hatred, it's simple reality. College football is very cyclic and today's hero's can easily be tomorrow's goats. We all have our day in the barrel, and like I always say, "I don't seek humility, humility seeks me."

I am curious where you see the gaping holes for the ducks though? Starting 22 is going to be really solid, there are a few positions that don’t have great depth. But I don’t see any gaping holes.