OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2tjmh3lo said:
JSeahawks":2tjmh3lo said:
DomeHawk":2tjmh3lo said:
Jeremiah Martin Visit Report: 1 out of 10? He Gives Husky Visit a”15″

“It was one of the best visits I've been on”, Martin said, “I mean, everyone else….the others were okay, but this was amazing. It was the best.”

https://realdawghuskies.com/2018/02/05/ ... visit-a15/

You can't read this unless you have a Realdawg subscription but I just wanted to post the quotes anyway.

He does look very good in purple though.

Ah, good ol’ Ruth. I miss her since her site went underground/pay for view only. That’s one crazy woman but she’s definitely got a passion for her huskies.

Ha! Yeah, I don't subscribe there, but she is ALL-OVER-IT as you say though. It seems eDuck has done something similar, lots of changes lately. Bit of paranoia too.

When Ruth’s site was part of 247 network she and I used to have a love/hate relationship. We’d joke around, have fun, then I’d take it just a little too far and BAM two week ban for me. It was good times and all in the spirit of fun.

I’ve never been on educk, I’ve heard mixed opinions on it. I used to be on 247, but I don’t think their Oregon mods now are very good, they’re more tied in with basketball recruiting than football recruiting. Now I spend all my time on scoopduck, which is awesome and busy.

D

DomeHawk

I don't assign as much value to the rankings as some do and as much as 247's logarithm says it doesn't favor volume, all you have to do is look at USC's ranking to know it does. I think avg. pts. per recruit is maybe more accurate, but in the end, it's somewhat subjective anyway.

NEVERTHELESS, it's something to do when you can't actually watch the greatest game in the world AND it definitely adds some suspense to the equation. Unfortunately, I will be traveling out of state by car :evil: tomorrow unless I can figure a way to get out of it.

Anyway, here's a look at the schedule of signees.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ceremonies

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Well looks like UW flipped Tuli, So in response SC flipped Winston from the Ducks. SC gets Solomon The linebacker class is going to be amazing.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1h9ty8w2 said:
Eli’Jah Winston has flipped from Oregon to usc. I’m actually happy about this one.
Me too, as long as this is for Tuli and not Solomon.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Well I'm looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow. The USC guys that have been accurate in the past are very quiet and confident. They're saying buckle up, tomorrow could be a wild ride.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Wonder what QB ends up transferring out at UW. No way do all of them stay. Kind of hope its Browning if he loses the starting job this year.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Anajimmc":c6ci5ysx said:
Well I'm looking forward to an exciting day tomorrow. The USC guys that have been accurate in the past are very quiet and confident. They're saying buckle up, tomorrow could be a wild ride.

Sounds like momentum is shifting towards usc, tomorrow might be a real bleak day for Oregon.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
JSeahawks":mt9v7lhl said:
Anajimmc":mt9v7lhl said:

Sounds like momentum is shifting towards usc, tomorrow might be a real bleak day for Oregon.
That's the best part, nobody really knows. It's like Christmas eve.

D

DomeHawk

Glasgow Seahawk":3945z0r8 said:
Wonder what QB ends up transferring out at UW. No way do all of them stay. Kind of hope its Browning if he loses the starting job this year.

There is no way Browning loses his starting job to a true freshman his senior year. And, at least one or both of those QB's will likely redshirt.

The only reason Jake Browning started his freshman year was that there wasn't enough competition at the position and he was a high school phenom. In fact, Browning is the ONLY freshman QB to EVER start a season-opener at Washington.

If one of them transfers out it would likely be 2-3 years down the road.

D

DomeHawk

Anajimmc":3jasulw8 said:
JSeahawks":3jasulw8 said:
Anajimmc":3jasulw8 said:

Lol, for some, for others it's like the night before your 6 AM bypass operation.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":29pdtaz3 said:
Anajimmc":29pdtaz3 said:
JSeahawks":29pdtaz3 said:
Anajimmc":29pdtaz3 said:

Lol, for some, for others it's like the night before your 6 AM bypass operation.

Nah, even if the ducks go 0’fer tomorrow it’s still one of the most fun days of the year. It’s entertaining watching my fellow duck fans go in full on meltdown mode.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
UW Football Recruiting's twitter hinting someone else is signing tomorrow. Jeremiah?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":t1rz5zzj said:
Glasgow Seahawk":t1rz5zzj said:

There is no way Browning loses his starting job to a true freshman his senior year. And, at least one or both of those QB's will likely redshirt.

The only reason Jake Browning started his freshman year was that there wasn't enough competition at the position and he was a high school phenom. In fact, Browning is the ONLY freshman QB to EVER start a season-opener at Washington.

Man, I really hate to say this and I can’t believe it’s come to this, but.... I agree with DomeHawk. Browning, as long as he is healthy is the starter. Eason is ineligible. With the new redshirt rules Yankoff and Sirmon can both play in up to 4 games and retain their redshirt. As long as they have the playbook down, which shouldn’t be a problem with them being early enrollees, they’ll probably both get some mop up duties next season.

The fun will be in 2019 when it’s a 3 way battle between Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon. After that is decided is when one of them will likely transfer.

My guess: Yankoff is your 2019 starter. Eason backs up. Sirmon leaves.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":crwq2ogb said:
DomeHawk":crwq2ogb said:
Glasgow Seahawk":crwq2ogb said:

Man, I really hate to say this and I can’t believe it’s come to this, but.... I agree with DomeHawk. Browning, as long as he is healthy is the starter. Eason is ineligible. With the new redshirt rules Yankoff and Sirmon can both play in up to 4 games and retain their redshirt. As long as they have the playbook down, which shouldn’t be a problem with them being early enrollees, they’ll probably both get some mop up duties next season.

The fun will be in 2019 when it’s a 3 way battle between Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon. After that is decided is when one of them will likely transfer.

My guess: Yankoff is your 2019 starter. Eason backs up. Sirmon leaves.

Yeah, the ONLY thing that changes this is Jake getting hurt.

As far as who's leaving, anything could happen, but if you knew Jacob's background he would seem the least likely to leave with a grandfather who played at UW, and his cousin who he grew up with wanting to be Huskies coming all the way across the country so they could play together.http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 26873.html

The thing that stands out to me is just how confident all of these QB's are. They didn't flinch for one moment in their decision even with other highly-touted QB's headed this way. Whichever one/two/three we wind up with will undoubtedly be a very strong individual. I have said it before, it's a good problem to have.

drrew

Reaction score
DomeHawk":28wgyr0f said:
As far as who's leaving, anything could happen but if you knew Jacob's background he would seem the least likely to leave with a grandfather who played at UW and his cousin who he grew up with wanting to be Huskies coming all the way across the country so they could play together.http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 26873.html

Dad is also a Professor at UW in the School of Business who is on a tenure track and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Also what is WSU's Qb situation like now that Hilinski isn't there. Do they have any promising freshman they can put their hope on or a senior transfer? Does Bledsoe jr have a chance at playing?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3pbi72u6 said:
Also what is WSU's Qb situation like now that Hilinski isn't there. Do they have any promising freshman they can put their hope on or a senior transfer? Does Bledsoe jr have a chance at playing?

They have a pretty good freshman coming in this year, but ive heard that Leach's air raid offense is pretty tough for a freshman to pick up on. The kids name is Cammon Cooper. I'll put some of his highlights below. I also read one article that said they were kicking the tires on bringing in a senior transfer QB that would be eligible right away, but it wasnt specific on any names.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3313671/59 ... 21ccaf7eeb

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3mwr6ocy said:
Does UW have a future LT in place for when Trey Adams leaves?

But the biggest hit came when the Huskies lost star junior left tackle Trey Adams to a season-ending knee injury in early October.

Trying to find Adams’ replacement going into the second half of the season was a problem. UW would find a solution. All the Huskies did was reconfigure the left side of the line, alter their offensive approach and prepare themselves for next season in the process.

Petersen and Scott Huff, the team’s offensive line coach and running game coordinator, initially filled Adams’ spot by alternating between senior Andrew Kirkland and redshirt freshman Luke Wattenberg.

Kirkland had 35 games of experience while Wattenberg was a former four-star prospect, who Rivals rated as the No. 18 offensive tackle in the nation in 2016.

Both did so well that Huff and Petersen, after two games, kept Wattenberg at left tackle and moved Kirkland to left guard.

The Kirkland-Wattenberg pairing was one of two big changes for the offense. The other? UW’s decision to load up on the run.

Shelton’s graduation means UW will need to find a center but the team should have options on the left side.

Adams is said to return for his senior year and could be paired with Wattenberg at left guard. Or in the event Adams goes to the NFL, the Huskies can keep Wattenberg at left tackle.

If so, Wattenberg could be paired with junior Jesse Sosebee, who was the starting left guard for UW’s first eight games this season.

Either way, the Huskies will need to find a way to play Wattenberg.

Both McGary and Shelton raved about Wattenberg creating a role within the offensive line. Shelton said he liked how Wattenberg plays through the whistle and isn’t afraid of contact.

“It’s physically imposing your will over someone else who’s trying to do the same,” McGary said. “It’s you coming out on top and that’s gratification and it just feels good to kind of be the bully.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/co ... 13504.html

Latest posts