The 38 Club

crucifyd

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1xkwnxuj said:
Proud member of the 38 club here but I see one problem with the name. We have to change it every year. Next year 39 club, 40 club, 41, etc... I wonder of maybe we 38ers should maybe get together, have a meeting and change it to 76club. If we keep going we may have a big problem on our hands in 11 years!

maybe I missed it but wasn't the original idea "38 years of waiting for a championship"? so it won't keep going up...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
crucifyd":2gwo9ass said:
oldhawkfan":2gwo9ass said:
Proud member of the 38 club here but I see one problem with the name. We have to change it every year. Next year 39 club, 40 club, 41, etc... I wonder of maybe we 38ers should maybe get together, have a meeting and change it to 76club. If we keep going we may have a big problem on our hands in 11 years!

maybe I missed it but wasn't the original idea "38 years of waiting for a championship"? so it won't keep going up...

That is correct.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":15f030n6 said:
crucifyd":15f030n6 said:
oldhawkfan":15f030n6 said:

That is correct.

Well that's a relief. I withdraw my call for a meeting. So then next year we will all be members of the 1club?!

BBQHawk

Reaction score
My mom uncovered a true gem the week before the superbowl. I can almost prove my 38'dom.

Yes helmet head is me.

Attachments

• 2nd grade.jpg
    2nd grade.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 614

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
29* Club here. I chose Seattle in 1985 when I was 6. In SBXX-era Chicago. That should count for at least a healthy asterisk.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Im a 34, earned every bleeding second of it, and have been revelling in this sucess for going on three weeks now. I am fully cognizant we are in the golden age of seahawks football, i just hope for one reason or another it doesnt get derailed by anything prematurely.

We are stupidly lucky to have Paul, Pete, John, and Russell all at once.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pmedic920":167bungj said:
chris98251":167bungj said:
Yeah been here since the Goo Ducks were a option as a name. Been a hell of a ride and feel fortuante to see our FIRST Championship and be well enough to enjoy, share, and celebrate it with so many.

Yea me too, I say that I started being a fan when the expansion was announced. I think that was actually in 74-75?
I believe it was announced in early '75 though in the works in '74. Hawkstorian would likely know for sure..............

Graduated high school in '75 and turned 19 three weeks after the team's first game so been around all along. Like Chris said, so thankful I was around long enough to see this and be healthy enough to enjoy it. Really happy I got to share it with my best buddy who is a diehard like me (known him since '83 and he's been a fan since the beginning too). He drove down here to watch the game with me and the Mrs. I broke out the Crown when it went to 36-0.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Per one of the agreed parts of the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger, the NFL began planning to expand from 26 to 28 teams.[1] On June 15, 1972 Seattle Professional Football Inc., a group of Seattle business and community leaders started by Herman Sarkowsky and Ned Skinner, announced its intention to acquire an NFL franchise for Seattle.[2] Almost 2 years later on June 4, 1974, the NFL awarded the group an expansion franchise. On December 5, 1974, NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle announced the official signing of the franchise agreement by Lloyd W. Nordstrom, representing the Nordstrom family as majority partners for the consortium. Nordstrom died of a heart attack on January 20, 1976, just months before the Seahawks played their first game.[3]
On March 5, 1975, John Thompson, a former University of Washington executive, was hired as the general manager of the yet-unnamed team. The name Seattle Seahawks was selected on June 17, 1975 after a public naming contest which drew more than 20,000 entries and over 1,700 different names, of which the suggestion of Clark McMillan was chosen.[4] Thompson recruited and hired Jack Patera, a Minnesota Vikings assistant coach, to be the first head coach of the new team. Patera was introduced as the new head coach at a press conference on January 3, 1976. The expansion draft was held March 30 through the 31, 1976, with Seattle and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers alternating picks for 39 rounds selecting unprotected players from the other 26 teams in the league.[5] The Seahawks were awarded the 2nd overall pick in the 1976 draft, a pick they used on defensive tackle Steve Niehaus. The team took the field for the first time on August 1, 1976 in a pre-season game against the San Francisco 49ers in the then brand new Kingdome. 9PP The Seahawks are the only NFL team to switch conferences twice in the post-merger era. The franchise began play in 1976 in the NFC West division but switched conferences with the Buccaneers after one season and joined the AFC West. This realignment was dictated by the league as part of the 1976 expansion plan, so that both expansion teams could play each other twice and every other NFL franchise once during their first two seasons. In 2002, the Seahawks were returned to the NFC West as part of an NFL realignment plan that gave each conference four balanced divisions of four teams each. This realignment restored the AFC West to its initial post-merger roster of original AFL teams Denver, San Diego, Kansas City and Oakland.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
We were almost the Kings..........

Attachments

• kings.jpg
    kings.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 526

Wartooth

Reaction score
Thanks Aros!
I was a transplanted mid-west boy (Navy) that saw his first Hawks game in San Diego in 79'.
Been with them the whole rest of the way!
This Championship feels good!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
drdiags":25drg9u8 said:
I think the 38 club is something special. Not everyone can get a prize. I am jealous but membership has its privileges. I think it would be a great patch to put on a jersey as well.

just means we're old...

but happy

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Uncle Si":25ldzuve said:
drdiags":25ldzuve said:
I think the 38 club is something special. Not everyone can get a prize. I am jealous but membership has its privileges. I think it would be a great patch to put on a jersey as well.

just means we're old...

but happy
Yes it does, on both accounts. :D

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm also a 37...but wouldn't be caught dead wearing the number 37.

Yes, I know.

Latest posts