The After Glow

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It was a nice win, but it was against a team thats smack dab in the middle of their slump and a team Seattle owns for some ungodly reason. Heck, even I predicted a win against Philly.

I just can't get excited because I know what's coming. Same thing year after year.
And the Seahawks having lost 4 in a row isn't a "Slump"?
Wait!! is that wailing I hear in the Background there? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
Just when I thought that there was nothing more to make this old Seahawks Homer smile any harder for that HARD FOUGHT win, and JSN tying a record that's stood for SIXTYTHREE YEARS!, (1960) & VOILA!!

Last edited:

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
I look back to the days before the internet, living out of state and scouring the local papers for Seahawks writeups, watching the sports talk shows waiting for anything about the Seahawks. Usually I got maybe a paragraph or two in the paper and a couple of minutes of highlights on Sportscenter.

Now, it's hell when we lose and a little bit of heaven when we win.
I remember back in the early 90's I had a subscription to the Seahawks Digest, I think it was. It was great cuz the Hawks were hardly ever on tv and news was hard to come by.

sutz

Reaction score
I remember back in the early 90's I had a subscription to the Seahawks Digest, I think it was. It was great cuz the Hawks were hardly ever on tv and news was hard to come by.
I remember seeing ads for that. Never partook of it. Wish I had some souvenir copies now.

themunn

Reaction score
I still think you can use this game to put the other 4 losses in context:

Rams: coin toss loss against a divisional rival on a long field goal after our starting QB went down and missed the final quarter and let the Rams get back in it
49ers: short week with a not-quite 100% QB and missing our 1st choice RB against the best team in the league
Cowboys: hard fought loss against one of the other best (top 4?) teams in the league, in which our starting QB played his only full game behind our starting O-line and looked fantastic, but defense couldn't hold up
49ers: another game with the back-up QB against league's best team, still in it in the 4th quarter but defense not up to scratch
Eagles: still one of the league's best teams, defense did its job and great 4th quarter comeback to seal it.

As it stands we've played the top 4 teams in the NFC and come away 2-3, there's a good chance that if we make the playoffs we will be up against either the Lions or Eagles, both teams we have already beat (could also be the Cowboys, who we came close against), so yeah just keep the optimism for any given sunday - there's not a team in the league that I don't think we can beat on our day

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And the Seahawks having lost 4 in a row isn't a "Slump"?
Wait!! is that wailing I hear in the Background there? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
Just when I thought that there was nothing more to make this old Seahawks Homer smile any harder for that HARD FOUGHT win, and JSN tying a record that's stood for SIXTYTHREE YEARS!, (1960) & VOILA!!

The Seahawks were in a slump because they just aren't that good. Philly is in a slump because they are playing bad. Big difference.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Right. Every time the Hawks win, it's because THE OTHER TEAM sucks. Got it.

I like you Pitt, but my god, change the record at some point.

I'll change the record when the team changes theirs. I guess we're both on skip and repeat.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Man, it's been a minute since I could sit down the day after a game and enjoy watching all the NFL-related shows.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the dopamine high is a real thing. When your team wins, all is right with the world. It's amazing actually, how much emotional investment we place on our team. This place was a brutal cesspool of negativity during that 4 game losing streak and it's completely understandable. Had we lost last night, I shudder to think of the tone of .NET today.

No, a win doesn't magically erase our feelings about what needs to be done for this team moving forward. What it does do is soften the narrative if even for a day.

Did Pete save his job last night? We will never know. There's a million questions worth asking and a million answers we may not have.

So cheers. Just enjoy the day, basking in the subtle limelight of beating one of the NFL's darling East Coast teams.

We always have tomorrow to return to our regularly scheduled programming.
Aside from the Nickelodeon backwards hat Pete weirdness - The win was awesome.

Without DK that's a loss.

Lock may not be ready to take us to an OWL, and Waldron was chirping in his ear for prodding purposes.

And the Eagles might be on a slide.

And I mostly saw the game on highlights.

But I'll take it!

WTF knows if/when what we're gonna do in the playoffs..... but geez, we got a shot - and two decent QBs.

Bring on the Titans! I'm pumped. We've lost a few close ones - and I think we might be ready to run the table.

Here's hoping!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, DK was a grown man, yet again.
We have a shot, it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. It's entertainment, we have no control over it. Might as well get in the dance and see what happens.
There are certainly bigger tragedies in life than "backing in" to the playoffs.
I still stick to my opinion that they should have knocked off Dallas, Cincy and LA. All those games were in their hands.
Well, on Monday night they FINALLY finished.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I still think you can use this game to put the other 4 losses in context:

Rams: coin toss loss against a divisional rival on a long field goal after our starting QB went down and missed the final quarter and let the Rams get back in it
49ers: short week with a not-quite 100% QB and missing our 1st choice RB against the best team in the league
Cowboys: hard fought loss against one of the other best (top 4?) teams in the league, in which our starting QB played his only full game behind our starting O-line and looked fantastic, but defense couldn't hold up
49ers: another game with the back-up QB against league's best team, still in it in the 4th quarter but defense not up to scratch
Eagles: still one of the league's best teams, defense did its job and great 4th quarter comeback to seal it.

As it stands we've played the top 4 teams in the NFC and come away 2-3, there's a good chance that if we make the playoffs we will be up against either the Lions or Eagles, both teams we have already beat (could also be the Cowboys, who we came close against), so yeah just keep the optimism for any given sunday - there's not a team in the league that I don't think we can beat on our day
THIS!!!!! ^^^^^^^

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. While the league overall has seen some mediocre football this year (largely due to so many QB injuries) playoffs should be damn entertaining this year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm so happy we beat the matt patricia defense! that would have been a sickening storyline all week if not...
For Patricia-haters, even better is it was Patricia's specific defensive-call choices that opened the door for the key plays. Drew read the 1v1's on the outside both times for the big completions to DK and the game-winner to JSN. (Amusing that two of our top three receivers mostly are to by their initials? Maybe we should call Bobo JBB?)

I recall one analyst saying WTF was Patricia thinking, going single-high safety on those?

xray

Reaction score
Why isn't anybody complaining about the " anti-Seahawk " officiating this week ? Did anybody notice the jersey grab pass interference " no call " on Julian Love , resulting in his end zone interception ; or the questionable toe tap on his second interception ? " Love " got some love from officiating . Just sayin...:)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some of the Philly players are calling it out too. Props to Waldron for noticing that there was that 1 on 1 waiting to be pounced on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why isn't anybody complaining about the " anti-Seahawk " officiating this week ? Did anybody notice the jersey grab pass interference " no call " on Julian Love , resulting in his end zone interception ; or the questionable toe tap on his second interception ? " Love " got some love from officiating . Just sayin...:)
Yeah, let's just ignore the SEVERAL false starts that were not called on Philly, ALL resulting in first down plays that should been penalties.
SEVERAL times. And they all helped them get their first 10 points on the board. Questionable toe tap? Wrong, as usual. Both feet were down, CLEARLY.

That was ticky tack crap in the end zone, not PI. DK was getting mugged the entire game. Refs were for the most part just letting them play, for once.
Even if it bothers you that the Hawks won.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Feels good to wear my Hawks hat around town. People saying Go Hawks, if only for a day