OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1myu0ktm said:
Anthony!":1myu0ktm said:
Siouxhawk":1myu0ktm said:
His thinking is just fine. He's helped us win 6 of the last 8 games with his gameplanning and game day direction. Aside from Philadelphia, can any other OC claim that at this juncture of the season?

Ahh yes any team that has a record as good or better record than ours which is 8

Ahh as to his thinking is fine, really Hmm then how come when we move the ball and score the best it is when he is least involved? Sorry dude but our OC is part of the problem, not #1 that is the oline, but he is a close 2nd, Has it occurred to you they are succeeding despite him not because of him? The only excuse I give him is because i think PC has a hand in this as well.
Nah, that's flawed logic and hell, Russell would tell you that to your face. Russell would also tell you he leaves points off the board because he's late sometimes in executing throws when our receivers have s 3-yard cushion. I don't mean to bad mouth Russ, cause he'll go down as my favorite QB of all time, but he's not infallible, just as no one on our team is infallible.

But together, along with QB coach Carl Smith, they've proven to be a pretty formidable unit.

LOL Hmm Russell would tell me, any proof of that? And yes you did bad mouth Russ to defend your guy the OC, which should tell you something. Look nearly every Expert has said our route trees our rudimentary at best, The fact we move the ball and score at will when we run the power blocking, WCO boom (PBWB) offense which also takes a lot of the power from the OC should tell you something. And FYI I know no one is infallible and Rw makes mistakes so does Brady and Rodgers. However, Rw is far down on the list of issues with this offense while your OC buddy in top 2. Here is what is funny you are willing to blame everyone but your OC HMM. I have called out RW when he has screwed up like one of this int in the Washington game etc, so far all you have done is explained how it is always everyone else's fault but the OCs despite the facts saying otherwise. Now I am of the mind PC has a large play in this as well, and it could be PCs ultra conservative offensive approach is a large issue. But until I have proof of that the OC will be #2 in the list of issues

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's not badmouthing at all. It's very evident at times that he throws too late. Against Washington, his deep throws -- and even the second interception -- had way too much loft. They corrected that Thursday, but he still was putting the ball up a smidgen too late, allowing the dback to recover. Lockett had a 3-yard cushion in the first quarter, but Russ threw late, Lock had to slow up and the pass was broken up.

And I have suggested ways I think Bevell can improve. Last week, for example, I mentioned that Bev needs to find a way to get Russ to do a better job of anticipating where his receiver is going to be and throw to that spot. He has to trust his receivers to get open and not wait until he sees evidence that they are open or it could be too late. Bev needs to sell that to him because I feel that would make him the complete QB.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1jjc2xg4 said:
It's not badmouthing at all. It's very evident at times that he throws too late. Against Washington, his deep throws -- and even the second interception -- had way too much loft. They corrected that Thursday, but he still was putting the ball up a smidgen too late, allowing the dback to recover. Lockett had a 3-yard cushion in the first quarter, but Russ threw late, Lock had to slow up and the pass was broken up.

And I have suggested ways I think Bevell can improve. Last week, for example, I mentioned that Bev needs to find a way to get Russ to do a better job of anticipating where his receiver is going to be and throw to that spot. He has to trust his receivers to get open and not wait until he sees evidence that they are open or it could be too late. Bev needs to sell that to him because I feel that would make him the complete QB.

Do you think attempting that many deep throws against washington was a good idea? Was that a good plan?

They had a bad gameplan for the washington game and didn't get their heads out until the 4th. Like planning on keeping your distance against a boxer with a longer reach, instead of getting in his face

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":gzpiuxff said:
Siouxhawk":gzpiuxff said:

Do you think attempting that many deep throws against washington was a good idea? Was that a good plan?

They had a bad gameplan for the washington game and didn't get their heads out until the 4th. Like planning on keeping your distance against a boxer with a longer reach, instead of getting in his face
And the offense provided a 4-point lead with 90 seconds to go. By all accounts, and with our vaunted defense, that should result in a win. Don't forget we left 9 points off the board because our kicker had an awful day. So pinning that loss on the offense is hysterically wrong.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3sgtk0ps said:
cymatica":3sgtk0ps said:
Siouxhawk":3sgtk0ps said:

And the offense provided a 4-point lead with 90 seconds to go. By all accounts, and with our vaunted defense, that should result in a win. Don't forget we left 9 points off the board because our kicker had an awful day. So pinning that loss on the offense is hysterically wrong.

Same question, please no deflections.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's a good question. Seattle scoring doesn't automatically validate the gameplan, especially when it's got the best improvisational QB in the league. The gameplan was conservative and bad. It's bad every time Wilson goes up against a good secondary.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Tolerant fan base to be happy with a 4 point lead against Washington late in the game. Washington blows, we should have been up 14+ late, especially in our house. A couple of more years of regression and a new staff hopefully will get us back. I am not happy with 10 wins with this squad. In the 90s I would be ecstatic but not with this talent. Underachievers

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
NJlargent":1a1zvaib said:
Washington blows

That's where a lot of people missed the boat. Washington doesn't "blow". Kirk Cousins has been one of the league's most underrated quarterbacks for a couple years now. Their WR depth was decent. They also have a talented defense, especially in the secondary.

Which means it was a quality defeat against a decent team that people slept on.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’ve heard legends that there used to be these guys who would gather films of upcoming competition and study those teams tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses, so they could devise offensive game plans specifically for opponents. May just be fantasy though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":354hba99 said:
Tolerant fan base to be happy with a 4 point lead against Washington late in the game. Washington blows, we should have been up 14+ late, especially in our house. A couple of more years of regression and a new staff hopefully will get us back. I am not happy with 10 wins with this squad. In the 90s I would be ecstatic but not with this talent. Underachievers
Last I checked, a 4-point, 8-point or 20-point win all count the same in the standings.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3lyd6q0k said:
NJlargent":3lyd6q0k said:
Last I checked, a 4-point, 8-point or 20-point win all count the same in the standings.

Last I checked we lost the Washington game. Those 8 or 20 points would have been a win.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":1rs8exbc said:
Siouxhawk":1rs8exbc said:
NJlargent":1rs8exbc said:

Last I checked we lost the Washington game. Those 8 or 20 points would have been a win.
Three missed field goals and 2 missed extra points gives you your 11 points

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The second half of 2015 doesn't translate. That was a rare spike in production that you can't just replicate because you "want to". We had a pretty good running game going that season, as Rawls kind of burst onto the scene and took over for Marshawn.

Every season is different. Results don't crossover. Remember that tear we went on in 2012, scoring 58 (vs AZ), 50 (vs Buf), and 42 (vs SF) towards the end of the season?

2017 is a whole new animal. The biggest thing holding us back right now is lack of a running threat. It is a mountainous difference from the days when we were one of the most efficient offenses. It also does not look like it will be solved. After 9 games, it is fair to say this is a huge problem.

We have a limited Tyler Lockett (no way he is 100%) as well. We are missing him making big plays in the passing game like he did before he got hurt.

Our offense basically centers around Wilson making amazing jail break plays. There is no rhythm.

It isn't sustainable and was our death knell, even before the Sherman injury. We will have good games, but it is hard to tale that kind of offense on the road and win in the playoffs.

Coaching changes needed to be made after last season, and they didn't do it. Actually, the loss of Sherman Smith is an aspect many fans have glossed over. The current RB coach (Chad Morton) does not seem to be able to teach these guys how to read the minimal blocks they get. All I ever see is Rawls running straight into defenders, with no cuts or agility. Maybe he is mentally hung up on getting hurt?

By the way, I am not anti-Bevell nor anti-Cable. I think the problems are much deeper than making them the weekly whipping boys. But, at this point, changes for the sake of changes need to be made. This offense needs re-invigorating in the worst way.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":147p3m1x said:
cymatica":147p3m1x said:
Siouxhawk":147p3m1x said:
NJlargent":147p3m1x said:

Three missed field goals and 2 missed extra points gives you your 11 points

Correct, those missed field goals would have been nice to have. That still doesn't negate the fact that our offensive approach in that game put our players in tougher positions. They were not taking what the defense gave them and looked like they were playing like it was a 3 score game.

The extra points were coaching decisions, and they were the wrong decisions. Both 2 point attempts went against convention, add the fact that it's already tough for us to get into the endzone, also add the fact it went against Pete's philosophy.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Disagree as to Washington being decent. Vikings put up 28 by halftime on the road against Washington with Keenum. And if cousins can beat you in your house you are not super bowl material.

Vikings don't appear to be waiting for the 4th quarter to
Win it or settling on FGs

Ozzy

Reaction score
Watching Minnesota/Washington start the game with aggressive opening TD drives while the Seahawks with a future hall of famer at QB go 21 straight games without an opening drive TD because Bevell is Intel gathering drive me nuts. Minnesota is about to put up 40 plus with a backup QB on this same defense that we struggled with. Feel bad for Russ....

Some aggressive up tempo stuff becoming more of the offensive game plan going forward would be nice and a definite boost instead of waiting until the 4th quarter when we're in desperation mode. I hate being that guy who rips on bevell but watching games today has me salty grrr....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Something to think about, when we won the SB, we had something that not many teams have.

Multiple Elusive Offensive players.

Wilson, Lynch, Tate, and Harvin (few games)

These guys wore down defenses time after time.

Then we lose all three, the offense had to changed and we got some speedsters and hoping for a RB to emerge, in comes Thomas Rawls, yet it was short lived. In comes Carson then it was short lived.

What we need are guys that can get yards after contact and a deep threat, our offense will be deadly again. It's hard enough for defense to run after Wilson but if you can get another elusive player this offense will take off again.

Baldwin knows this and he's mentioned he took that to heart to be more elusive, he stated that a few years back.

Tyler Lockett I hope gets his form back. Anyone remember Nick Foles crazy streak, you know what he had that gave him that confidence....Desean Jackson, guess what happened when he didn't have Desean, he got exposed. We need Tyler to be the deep threat again. I know Paul is emerging, but once Lockett is 100% watch out this offense will be fun to watch with both of them taking the top off defenses which will leave some room for Doug and Jimmy to get open.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Anyone saw what happened to Dak Prescott today without his elite RB?

When a defense know you don't have a running game, any defense can make a great o-line look foolish. 8 Sacks and 6 from 1 Falcon defender.

Wilson has been through this for many seasons. Could it be that the fault is not really on the offensive line to get the running game going but moreso that we don't have a great RB to mitigate the defense? When Carson was in he was explosive, once we put in Rawls or Lacey, they get hit in the backfield consistently.

We get a run game going and this offense will take off.

I want Mike Davis activated!

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1p9ur49y said:
The second half of 2015 doesn't translate. That was a rare spike in production that you can't just replicate because you "want to". We had a pretty good running game going that season, as Rawls kind of burst onto the scene and took over for Marshawn.

Every season is different. Results don't crossover. Remember that tear we went on in 2012, scoring 58 (vs AZ), 50 (vs Buf), and 42 (vs SF) towards the end of the season?

2017 is a whole new animal. The biggest thing holding us back right now is lack of a running threat. It is a mountainous difference from the days when we were one of the most efficient offenses. It also does not look like it will be solved. After 9 games, it is fair to say this is a huge problem.

We have a limited Tyler Lockett (no way he is 100%) as well. We are missing him making big plays in the passing game like he did before he got hurt.

Our offense basically centers around Wilson making amazing jail break plays. There is no rhythm.

It isn't sustainable and was our death knell, even before the Sherman injury. We will have good games, but it is hard to tale that kind of offense on the road and win in the playoffs.

Coaching changes needed to be made after last season, and they didn't do it. Actually, the loss of Sherman Smith is an aspect many fans have glossed over. The current RB coach (Chad Morton) does not seem to be able to teach these guys how to read the minimal blocks they get. All I ever see is Rawls running straight into defenders, with no cuts or agility. Maybe he is mentally hung up on getting hurt?

By the way, I am not anti-Bevell nor anti-Cable. I think the problems are much deeper than making them the weekly whipping boys. But, at this point, changes for the sake of changes need to be made. This offense needs re-invigorating in the worst way.

sorry, it can and we have proven it when we run the uptempo like we did latter 2015 we move the ball and score at will. So yes it can be duplicated