The cost of success

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Rob12":1utwpbm5 said:
We're seeing it.

It's not just the Chancellor holdout. It's the massive egos that comprise this roster. This team is absolutely loaded with talent. Even without our SS, you can't find me another team that has more talent.

Our egos have grown as well. As fans of this team we expect wins every week, and when that doesn't happen, we collectively lose our minds. Not all, but most. Our egos have grown so much that we put stock into things like how many decibels we register, and we judge ourselves based on that. I was at the Jacksonville game two years ago when the Seahawks won handedly. I came here and read posts about how quiet the stadium was that day. And as I'm reading these posts while traversing I90 back to Eastern Washington, I wondered if my ears would ever be the same because by Ellensburg, they were still ringing.

This is the price of success. It's the cost to reach the pinnacle. Now I'm reading people that are mailing this season in (Pay Kam thread - "It's been a great run") and I just shake my head. People forget the past so quickly and how this team has proven time and time again that they respond in a huge way during the second half of the season. The lack of faith is honestly quite embarrassing.

This is a league of parity, and the Seattle Seahawks will stay on the top of the mountain for a long time. This is not a Kam thread, but his ordeal will be something that we will recover from - with or without him.

We all wanted it this way. Most of us have probably been a bit naive. This is the golden age of Seahawks football, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

If we go 0-2, so what. If GB somehow manages to beat us, we move on. Quickly. There will be 14 games left and this is a team that can run the table at any given time. I actually predicted a loss in Aros' thread, but as the game gets closer I think we have a great chance to end Rodgers' streak at Lambeau.

Have faith... Trust the process. Go Hawks.
Well this just made our football team better on the field :sarcasm_on: nothing like the . Net psychiatrists
speak for yourself this team has showed shit this year preseason and all! I want wins not a half full glass ! 0-2 so what ? Really !? Sure we could go on a tear but the real question here is can we.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Largent80":xx8vmdc3 said:
Hawk fans have been spoiled and totally forget the 90's.

I saw last weeks game as a great game regardless of the loss.

I love great games. I'd generally rather see this team win a close one, even dirty style like last year's NFC Championship, than blow another team out. The Super Bowl win over the Broncos is an exception, just because it felt good for this team to dominate the other team in front of everybody.

Most of the younger fans have no idea about how hard it is to be good. There was a time where I was pretty sure the Seahawks would never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime (and I'm about as old as the team). It's just really hard to win one, and after watching this team for a 10 year period of not making the playoffs and an 18 year period of not winning a playoff game, there's not a lot of room to think it was probable.

I'm assuming there are plenty of Browns and Lions fans that are going through this.

I'm still in shock that they won a Super Bowl. I had a hard time getting really upset about last year's game because they had won one the year before.

One thing I used to wonder is whether or not the Seahawks fan base would end up like the other teams that had won a Super Bowl recently. A lot of fans end up looking at a season as a failure without the championship and don't appreciate much that happened during the season. There's a lot of that going on in this forum.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Largent80":d7lq1wqb said:
Hawk fans have been spoiled and totally forget the 90's.

I saw last weeks game as a great game regardless of the loss.
Totally agree. Those were some bad teams. At least the Sonics were great at that time. The kemp and Peyton era was some fun ball to watch.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
What beautiful, balanced, well reasoned post. Thank you. Go Hawks!