The Cutler's vs SC

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
SF49r":6r1jgklw said:
Welp good day for cardinals fans
I think back to the 2012 season, when the Cards started 4-0, had some possession of 1st for that week too.

In the end it will be SF/SEA regardless of the week 2 oddities. I could see losing to the Chargers, they balled out and kept the ball out of Seattle's hands. I couldn't see the Bears winning in SF though.

Lxx

Reaction score
10614280_1480708728852302_4284416217034624615_n.jpg

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3e1y29gw said:
SF49r":3e1y29gw said:
I think back to the 2012 season, when the Cards started 4-0, had some possession of 1st for that week too.

In the end it will be SF/SEA regardless of the week 2 oddities. I could see losing to the Chargers, they balled out and kept the ball out of Seattle's hands. I couldn't see the Bears winning in SF though.

I think the niners didn't see it either. They played big headed. Sloppy and the stupid penalties sustained drives for the Bears. And gave them short field. Kapernick has not changed. He needs to be a game manager not a gun slinger. Now he is spitting racial cuss words and being penalized. Man what a Christian. This is not the same niners. They don't even have the same home anymore.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":382ck2qu said:
Wenhawk":382ck2qu said:
So worth the lose to SD

Wait, the 9ers losing is worth watching for favorite team also lose? Seriously?

Your favorite team is the Super Bowl champs, man. You beat the 9ers to get there. You gotta get them out of your head a little bit. :lol:

Yeah. For playoff seeding this week could be the difference.

In my opinion the two least important games this season would be at San Diego and at Kansas City. Only reason our game vs Denver and Oakland mean more is because they are at home and I will be going to them so I don't want us to lose.

It is not realistic to go 16-0 so I can truly say that this lose no longer stings.

rlkats

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qgkqwks said:
@rlkats - I didn't see what Kaepernick said to get that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. What'd he say, exactly? (Dress it down to be safe for this forum, if need be.)

They wouldn't say it either. But the lip reading was the N word. You know recently the league is watching for that one. Lost all respect for him.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
rlkats":3mw1c9gd said:
RolandDeschain":3mw1c9gd said:
@rlkats - I didn't see what Kaepernick said to get that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. What'd he say, exactly? (Dress it down to be safe for this forum, if need be.)

They wouldn't say it either. But the lip reading was the N word. You know recently the league is watching for that one. Lost all respect for him.

I did too and I never had any to begin with.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Teflon kaeperchoke. collinsworth finishes the broadcast saying what a great player he will be.

and glad he is a 9er

NINEster

Reaction score
It really sucks to lose the home opener. Losing at home and/or to Chicago is not so bothering.

I say this every time when predicting W/L over the course of the season -- the 49ers (and I'd say the same for the Seahawks and every single good team in the league) will always lose a game they shouldn't and win one that they might be in over their head. Cowboys in 2011, Vikings and Rams in 2012 come to mind.

Unfortunately I was 13 hours ahead in time zone so could only watch the game up to 10-0 and had to track it through the game day feed on WZ. I saw that there was a ton of penalties being called on the Niners, and homer biases aside I'd imagine there was a lot of unnecessary calls for both teams.

What is disturbing is this is the 2nd straight prime time home game for the team and they played rather mediocre in both. Going back over the years (even through the dark ages), primetime SF was almost always a guaranteed W, or at least a hardfought game (nearly beat Saints in 2010 MNF). It was the closest thing to a surefire W for this team, and now it's become a lousy trend.

Another thing I was hearing was how the Niners game plan looked like crap, like they were trying to be too clever in their schemes to beat Chicago -- being Buffalo 2.0 instead of SF. As a chess player I sorta know that mentality, when instead of going for the surefire, thorough, boring way to defeat an opponent when they're clearly weaker, you try and get too cute and it backfires.

Can't win them all, and Niner fans and most fans around the league of a top team cannot seriously believe their team will start 9-0 or 10-0.

Hard to point the finger on execution vs. heart. Not showing up for a game is easily correctable......having real issues with O or D is another story.

I still predict a W in Arizona, maybe more so now than before.

Division opponents tend to eliminate the nonsense. I remember we get doused by the Giants two years ago and then thought we would drop to the Seahawks at home, and we played real SF football that night.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rlkats":flkd9a57 said:
Ouch. Considering the fact that the NFL flat-out said it wouldn't be tolerated going forward this past off-season...Yeah.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rlkats":2arb443p said:
RolandDeschain":2arb443p said:

But he's mixed race why would he ever use that word?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":qppoj7y3 said:
At the risk of this thread rapidly devolving, uh, my ears have heard that word come out of the mouths of black people WAY more than white people. Just my experience.

rlkats

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":382twcdo said:
MizzouHawkGal":382twcdo said:
At the risk of this thread rapidly devolving, uh, my ears have heard that word come out of the mouths of black people WAY more than white people. Just my experience.

Doesn't matter who says it more it's an ignorant word and even more when said out of anger like he did.

SF49r

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2soigwuv said:
SF49r":2soigwuv said:

True that on the Cardinals. Chargers really deserved that win; Philip Rivers was on fire, and there whole team came to play. As for the bears game, its the exact reason why I go by "any given Sunday".

dbmack

Reaction score
mr dbmack is watching the game delayed on dvr. He has no clue they have lost yet. I can't wait to see his reaction. (He is a 49er fan but also roots for the Seahawks)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rlkats":tzoh29fc said:
Doesn't matter who says it more it's an ignorant word and even more when said out of anger like he did.
Aye, very true. Hopefully the NFL's emphasis on penalizing racial language will help curtail it over time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mikeak":asg810oe said:
Good news is the late games vs 49ers may become epic in importance
I was thinking the same and possibly Arizona also. But they remind me of that 4-0 start then epic collapse honestly. I think both the 49ers and the Seahawks will be fine when it's all said and done.

ringless

Reaction score
That 4-0 start reminds me a lot of this year as well, that year we just had luck bounce our way more than not. The wins weren't solid but they were wins. There are a lot of differences from this team as to then of course. All new coaches, and all new players except for the stars.... Back then we had huge QB drama, no running threat and only one threat receiver.

This year we have more talent, but its quickly being depleted.. Week 3 is a monster week for us and could decide the rest of the year.

mikeak

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2t6unm7p said:
mikeak":2t6unm7p said:
Good news is the late games vs 49ers may become epic in importance
I was thinking the same and possibly Arizona also. But they remind me of that 4-0 start then epic collapse honestly. I think both the 49ers and the Seahawks will be fine when it's all said and done.

To early to say how it ends up but regardless those three games may be nail biters and people who want tickets may end up poor...