The difference between PC and Belichick

xray

Reaction score
Belichick adjusts during the course of a game much better than Carroll , hence the rings . :D

AgentDib

Reaction score
xray":2bs2o1bh said:
Belichick adjusts during the course of a game much better than Carroll , hence the rings . :D
Or does he prepare the team better prior to the game? Or does he have better personnel? Or does he get luckier? Or does he skirt the rules more? You argue literally anything with the reasoning that Belichick must do X more because he has more rings.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
AgentDib":2vwjta3c said:
xray":2vwjta3c said:
Or does he prepare the team better prior to the game? Or does he have better personnel? Or does he get luckier? Or does he skirt the rules more? You argue literally anything with the reasoning that Belichick must do X more because he has more rings.

Yes. Yes. No. Probably.

Carroll had the making of a dynasty here and he squandered it. Belichick would not have.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There's little point in comparing Bill Belichick to anyone else. He is without question the greatest NFL coach ever, and there's a good chance none of us will ever see his equal in our lifetimes...and I'm 37 years old.

People think Brady is the GOAT....he never was. He's a great QB, but the GOAT with the Patriots is absolutely Belichick; who does not get stuck in his ways, either.

xray

Reaction score
Belichick has 8 SB rings . Two with the NY Giants as defensive coordinator ---6 with NE as HC and GM . Carroll helped
the Hawks to 2 SBs wining 1 . That's probably it for Carroll . IMO

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3o9s6ruk said:
Belichick has 8 SB rings . Two with the NY Giants as defensive coordinator ---6 with NE as HC and GM . Carroll helped

3 and 1 on paper, 2 for 3 if you take the Refs out of the first one.

Just helping with the fact checks, we know sometimes they get lost in posts from your side of the street.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3go0nubx said:
Belichick allows players to play to their strengths. Pete makes players play to his scheme rather than theirs.

Easy as that.
Yeah, I hate to admit it, I wish Pete would have let Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, & Browner all "play to their strengths" :roll:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ah1hj11 said:
Yeah, I hate to admit it, I wish Pete would have let Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, & Browner all "play to their strengths" :roll:
He sure as hell hasn't on offense, though. The stupidity of Bevell's schemes and situational personnel packages ruined our chance at a dynasty and that ultimately falls on Carroll.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":moylbbz4 said:
xray":moylbbz4 said:

Just helping with the fact checks, we know sometimes they get lost in posts from your side of the street.

Now might be a good time to bring up the differences in the Divisions, and how much tougher it is to compete in the NFC WEST, than what Billycheat with his deflated balls had to contend with.
Let's face another fact (although a minor one), Pete with an all beat to hell LOB was only 1 yard away from sealing a win for that Super Bowl....In other words, Billycheat SQUEAKED out a really close win.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2dh53qpk said:
chris98251":2dh53qpk said:
xray":2dh53qpk said:

Now might be a good time to bring up the differences in the Divisions, and how much tougher it is to compete in the NFC WEST, than what Billycheat with his deflated balls had to contend with.
Let's face another fact (although a minor one), Pete with an all beat to hell LOB was only 1 yard away from sealing a win for that Super Bowl....In other words, Billycheat SQUEAKED out a really close win.
I hate this argument. They were only inches away from beating X opponent! The results are the same, and this isn't an uncommon occurrence in NFL games, in fact it is quite common -- hence the "it's a game of inches" moniker.

Carroll got outcoached by by Bill Belicheck in that game. He knew Seattle had certain tendencies which they don't try to cover up or hide. For example, that specific play that Carroll ran on that fateful play was the only play that the Seahawks ran from that formation in goal line scenarios. Belicheck specifically had his players practicing against that play. To make matters worse we had Brandon Browner on the other side of the field. Butler and Browner knew what they play was the moment they lined up at the LOS. Pete Carroll also called on our worst route runner and arguably worst receiver on the team to make that play.

As far as divisions go, yes Billicheck has played in weaker divisions but he also knows how to take care of business against better teams. The Seahawks have a losing record in the playoffs since our last Super Bowl run.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":fuswbwgc said:
scutterhawk":fuswbwgc said:
chris98251":fuswbwgc said:
xray":fuswbwgc said:

I hate this argument. They were only inches away from beating X opponent! The results are the same, and this isn't an uncommon occurrence in NFL games, in fact it is quite common -- hence the "it's a game of inches" moniker.

Carroll got outcoached by by Bill Belicheck in that game. He knew Seattle had certain tendencies which they don't try to cover up or hide. For example, that specific play that Carroll ran on that fateful play was the only play that the Seahawks ran from that formation in goal line scenarios. Belicheck specifically had his players practicing against that play. To make matters worse we had Brandon Browner on the other side of the field. Butler and Browner knew what they play was the moment they lined up at the LOS. Pete Carroll also called on our worst route runner and arguably worst receiver on the team to make that play.

As far as divisions go, yes Billicheck has played in weaker divisions but he also knows how to take care of business against better teams. The Seahawks have a losing record in the playoffs since our last Super Bowl run.

He said 2 SB's we were in three, they biggest joke of officiating in history or has others forgot that one, 2 in the Pete Carroll era though. The Devil is in the details.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":rk4z6xe9 said:
pittpnthrs":rk4z6xe9 said:
Belichick allows players to play to their strengths. Pete makes players play to his scheme rather than theirs.

Easy as that.

He let Browner play to his strengths. Just watch that play in the Super Bowl.

I wish Pete wouldnt have lost the locker room after that play, but he did.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":4ditjjjk said:

Belichick didnt win that, Pete lost it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2umimxfq said:
Well this is Russell Wilson’s team now.

No its not. Its still Pete Carrolls team and Russ will still run the most antiquated, least innovative offense in the league. Thank God Russ is the player that he is.

D

DomeHawk

He kind of reminds me of Don James, he coaches the coaches. I have read where former players talk about how he can take over ANY position group and coach it better. PC would be limited to the defense in that regard I think. I think BB is a better big-picture coach than PC is.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3tz3uwkj said:
scutterhawk":3tz3uwkj said:

Belichick won that game. He went through our footage and was able to map our situational tendencies. It came in handy at the end. I think he really messed with Carroll and Bevell when he pulled out the no timeout in crunch time gambit. Everyone was expecting the time out to come but Belichick held onto his timeout. It flew in the face of conventional football tactics, he got into our head with that simple tactic. It was a huge gamble it almost seemed like our team panic when they saw he wasn't going to call the time out. He disrupted the tempo.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2xs0n7f4 said:
pittpnthrs":2xs0n7f4 said:
scutterhawk":2xs0n7f4 said:

Belichick won that game. He went through our footage and was able to map our situational tendencies. It came in handy at the end. I think he really messed with Carroll and Bevell when he pulled out the no timeout in crunch time gambit. Everyone was expecting the time out to come but Belichick held onto his timeout. It flew in the face of conventional football tactics, he got into our head with that simple tactic. It was a huge gamble it almost seemed like our team panic when they saw he wasn't going to call the time out. He disrupted the tempo.

Read what you just posted. Pete lost that game due to a lack of situational awareness. Unfortunately, its a common problem with Pete.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Belichick is an old school taskmasker perfectionist.

It's why he wins a lot, but it's also why players want out of NE, even after winning rings.......and not surprisingly why the Patriots have had the most players opt out this season (up to eight now?). Even they can't fathom trying to play in a shortened season with the virus looming AND having to endure Belichick.

Gronk and Brady didn't want to retire........they wanted to retire from Belichick.

Latest posts