The FO

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":mb5wjp6o said:
"In this moment I'd prefer to be 0-11 this season and make some drastic changes than see another season with disappointing play, barely reaching the playoffs and losing the first road game."

I can't believe someone actually wrote this. Tired of winning only one playoff game a year? Really?
I think any fan that says something like this should be forced to only follow the Browns for a decade.

How many teams in the league over the last 5 years have consecutively made the playoffs, won at least one playoff game, and been to two superbowls? Look that up and get back to me about how terrible our FO is.

Some fans need to put their expectations into perspective. The league is set up to develop parity. Lower draft status, loss of over-valued FA's, lower waiver wire status, tougher schedules all are obstacles to sustained success. Just because one organization does it, doesn't mean that it's easy for everyone to do it. The Patriots sustained success has required a top coaching staff, a great HC and a GOAT QB, some bending of rules, and a perpetually weak division.

So lets pump the breaks on lambasting the FO for lack of OL success. There are about 20 teams that have crappy OL's. It's an epidemic league wide, not just a Seahawk FO issue.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just stop with all these 'Anti-Bummerism' FACTS, and take off your "Homer Glasses" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Joyodongo":3l28fn6k said:
Sgt. Largent":3l28fn6k said:
This is the NFL, no one dominates. Ever.

Hmmmmm ... are you sure ? :) :) :)

I assume you mean the Patriots?

Five Lombardi's in 15 years, three of which they needed;

- the tuck rule
- us losing our minds on the one yard line
- Atlanta choking the biggest choke in the history of the league
- playing in a terrible conference where they got a 4-5 game head start on the rest of the AFC for almost the entire 15 year run.

So yes, no one dominates. There is no sure thing, any year. So for you guys to be mad that we're only above average instead of incredible tells me you're young, or you've only been a Hawk's fan since 2012.

Cause if you had any perspective you wouldn't say I wish we'd go 0-11. Because going 0-11 means an implosion of the ENTIRE team and probably another 25 years of sucking trying to find the right coach, GM and players. Just like we did for the first 35 years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Joyodongo":2d6cxsxh said:
Mad Dog":2d6cxsxh said:
"In this moment I'd prefer to be 0-11 this season and make some drastic changes than see another season with disappointing play, barely reaching the playoffs and losing the first road game."
I can't believe someone actually wrote this. Tired of winning only one playoff game a year? Really?
I think any fan that says something like this should be forced to only follow the Browns for a decade.
Yeah, I really feel like this, sorry maybe I deserve to be a Browns' fan. From an objective point of view, I normally don't enjoy much with Seahawks' games since 2015, even if they win (SF, Colts). The D is good, yes, and eventually, there's a good O drive but, pfffff...
And then, form a subjective point of view I suffer x 2 because ... it's my team !!!.
Every offseason since 2015 is the same with high expectatations (of course) but then when they start to play ... it's the same, same hard-to watch games, same mistakes, same liabilities ...
This team should be built (with all the talent we have) to win SBs, and if you ask me, I prefer a "wasted" season and then a real chance of being a SB-caliber team than two or three years of more-of-the-same. But I see 0 self-criticism in the coaching staff. If some reporter dares to ask PC about our OC the answer is: "DB is an excellent coach, this people (the ones who doubt about him) don't know what they're talking about". OK, you wouldn't expect the HC to throw the OC under the bus but, what I hate is the arrogant way of answering, it's like calling all who don't like DB "idiots". And I'm not going to extend on what many people say: "What about the "always compete" mantra with the coaching staff?".
And yes, I'm negative, of course this team has good things but I prefer to focus on the improvable ones. I find in general people here super-positive, maybe too positive but ... well ... good for you, you're probably happier than me ...

Well if were as bad as you say then we could have 5 years of 0 - 16 and still suck with top draft picks, Cleveland seems to do this very well, Colts other then Suck for Luck can't seem to push the right buttons, look at the NY Jets and how successful they are. There are many moving pieces aside from just making picks.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Joyodongo, if that's your real name, don't you realize we were just 2 broken legs from the SB last year? C'mon man!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":10o9mxix said:
Vesuve":10o9mxix said:
Missing McCloughan?

This is what it boils down to. Funny how many drafts have been a miss since he left.
Please go up 3 post's and push on Chapow's linky....You might be surprised.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2nnp3v5x said:
This season is over? Or this season is not even half over? If I'm wearing rose colored glasses, what color is joyodongo wearing?
Urine Yellow?.......Fart-fog green? :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2snvisox said:
StoneCold":2snvisox said:
This season is over? Or this season is not even half over? If I'm wearing rose colored glasses, what color is joyodongo wearing?

Yep, hate to be the bearer of bad news. But according to these guys, unless we dominate and win all our games 45-3, it's over! 0-11 HERE WE COME!!! THE HUMANITY!!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dyrdzaj said:
Joyodongo":2dyrdzaj said:
Mad Dog":2dyrdzaj said:
Can I ask how old you two are?

Cause take it from someone who's been a fan since day one, there is nothing...........and I mean NOTHING more depressing than being a fan of a terrible football team. That empty feeling of hopelessness.

I watched every down of the 2-14 season in 1992, throwing my Hawks hat in the garbage with every Stan Gelbaugh pick. Then dusting it off after only to go through the same awful depressing Groundhog day experience again the next Sunday.

I hate to break it to you two, but these are the salad days of Hawk's football. We may never seen this level of success again. We get to root for a perennial playoff team full of a bunch of exciting players on both sides of the ball, and we FINALLY..............my god FINALLY have a good QB.

You can have high expectations, but you two have UNREALISTIC expectations. This is the NFL, no one dominates. Ever.

I'm 53 and a fan since '83 when Steve Largent, Curt Warner and his band of warriors came to my living room via the brand new phenomenon of "Cable TV".
I stuck with the Hawks through the awful Behring era. Bought season tickets in 2003 (some may call me a good luck charm since that seems to be the year of Seahawk football dominance) and have been to almost all the games since. I've seen fans complain through the Erickson era, the Holmgren era and the Carroll era. The constant demand for perfection from some fans really wears on me. We should be savoring this era not throwing knives.

I'm not sure you were referring to me in your post but I think my opinions are much more in keeping with realism mode.

And I'm sorry that Pete Carroll values defense over offense and that bores you home viewers. But I can tell you as a legitimate 12 that screams through every home game defensive stand, nothing is more deflating than having the defense underperform while you are giving it all to bolster them. Pete's team has been a godsend in that regard.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Except for maybe Belechick I wouldn't swap our FO for any other in the league.

They have constructed a roster that has the third longest active playoff streak in the league with the potential to win the SB every year. What more can a fanbase ask for?

If Schneider ever leaves for Green Bay or anywhere else we will truly be screwed.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'd like to know, which FO would have made better decisions that the one we currently have?

richp01

Reaction score
Can I ask how old you two are?

Cause take it from someone who's been a fan since day one, there is nothing...........and I mean NOTHING more depressing than being a fan of a terrible football team. That empty feeling of hopelessness.

I watched every down of the 2-14 season in 1992, throwing my Hawks hat in the garbage with every Stan Gelbaugh pick. Then dusting it off after only to go through the same awful depressing Groundhog day experience again the next Sunday.

I hate to break it to you two, but these are the salad days of Hawk's football. We may never seen this level of success again. We get to root for a perennial playoff team full of a bunch of exciting players on both sides of the ball, and we FINALLY..............my god FINALLY have a good QB.

You can have high expectations, but you two have UNREALISTIC expectations. This is the NFL, no one dominates. Ever.

'92 was a tough year for sure as was most of the 90's. But my pick for the worst year was 2009, that team just flat out quit. Losing sticks but watching a team that does not give it there all is worse. I have things about these recent teams I would prefer to see improved, but I will take the last 6-7 years of Seahawks over any other time period. Right now is a great time to be a Hawk fan. You know you are having a good run when a lot of other fans hate your team and players.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3qzxwrtq said:
scutterhawk":3qzxwrtq said:
StoneCold":3qzxwrtq said:

Yep, hate to be the bearer of bad news. But according to these guys, unless we dominate and win all our games 45-3, it's over! 0-11 HERE WE COME!!! THE HUMANITY!!

Seriously. That's what people want to see, or they don't think we're a contender.

News flash: That insane talent collection that played in 2013, with 80% of the players in their prime? THAT team almost lost to the winless Bucs, barely beat the Titans at home, and had their OL made mincemeat of by the Texans. Few people thought we were a Super Bowl team by Halloween.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
When I was a kid (late 80s) I use to remember us leading the league in multiple years in 3rd down conversion percentage. If we started doing that or at least something close it would go a long way to progress the team, even with our current faults. Low scoring close games are fine if we are flipping the field which I believe we did in the 2012-2014 run. I can handle 3 steps forward 2 steps back, not 2 steps forward 2 steps back then hope for some miraculous play from RW. At least this is my frustration with the team at times.

Side note, many have stated over the years about the dream of combining the Hawks of the 00's with our current D. I'd take our 80's O with this D as well.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Atradees":3a2ut16z said:
We are sort of wasting RW a guy we did discover but does have a chance to be a generational great talent.

The defense is good. Whose to say the Richardson and McDowell combo won't happen?

The Offense should be better with a FO together this long. ..I agree there. The drafting has gotten comical. There is no competition on the coaching staff? To me a telling sign is a featured wide receiver in a superb owl that isn't even on the team. Rudderless...a draft we took a handful of rbs when there was deep oline talent.

I would like to see some changes to the staff soon or else they should all go. Pete Carroll was such a breath of fresh air. He did bring us out of dark times. I am beginning to wonder though if the first draft or two that got us great players wasn't do to some people no longer in the front office.

So...what happens if we fire Everyone?

New offensive direction...same qb. Same defensive stars signed for the short term that we don't seem to be replacing in the draft.

Kris Richard...anyone renember his playing days? Why is he a coordinator?
Pete Carroll...anyone remember his playing days? Why is he a head coach?

One's skill level in one doesn't necessarily correlate with their skill level in the other.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
This thread is freaking ridiculous.

Where the hell were you when the Seahawks were a perennial 7 to 9 win team, going through the longest playoff drought in NFL history, neither good enough for the post-season nor bad enough to allow us to draft our way out of mediocrity.

Not only could we not look forward to the regular season, and not only did we basically stop watching football in December, but we didn't even have the promise of a draft to give us any semblance of hope.

You have no right to complain about any front office until you've lived through the colossal blunders of Randy Mueller and Bob Whitsitt, from "hey let's blow the cap on has-beens to see if we can sell any tickets" to "let's undermine the Super-Bowl-winning head coach at every opportunity, and then for the cherry on the sunday, let's un-retire #80 and offer it to Jerry Rice without talking to Steve Largent".

When Tim Ruskell - the mastermind behind saving chump change by using the transition tag on Steve Hutchinson behind Mike Holmgren's back - is seen as an improvement, you know you were dealing with some proper clowns previously.

All the current front office has done is to make us playoff and Super Bowl contenders each year, and to bring us the only Lombardi trophy in franchise history. We went from 4-12 and 5-11 to the division championship game as soon as the current front office stepped in. We've only missed the playoffs in one season. Every other season we have not only made the playoffs, but won at least one playoff game every time.

Where the hell do you get off characterizing this front office as anything other than stellar? Quit acting like a freaking entitled millennial and show some proper respect for the best staff we have *ever* had.

Josea16

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":38t8715m said:

Where the hell were you when the Seahawks were a perennial 7 to 9 win team, going through the longest playoff drought in NFL history, neither good enough for the post-season nor bad enough to allow us to draft our way out of mediocrity.

Not only could we not look forward to the regular season, and not only did we basically stop watching football in December, but we didn't even have the promise of a draft to give us any semblance of hope.

You have no right to complain about any front office until you've lived through the colossal blunders of Randy Mueller and Bob Whitsitt, from "hey let's blow the cap on has-beens to see if we can sell any tickets" to "let's undermine the Super-Bowl-winning head coach at every opportunity, and then for the cherry on the sunday, let's un-retire #80 and offer it to Jerry Rice without talking to Steve Largent".

When Tim Ruskell - the mastermind behind saving chump change by using the transition tag on Steve Hutchinson behind Mike Holmgren's back - is seen as an improvement, you know you were dealing with some proper clowns previously.

All the current front office has done is to make us playoff and Super Bowl contenders each year, and to bring us the only Lombardi trophy in franchise history. We went from 4-12 and 5-11 to the division championship game as soon as the current front office stepped in. We've only missed the playoffs in one season. Every other season we have not only made the playoffs, but won at least one playoff game every time.

Where the hell do you get off characterizing this front office as anything other than stellar? Quit acting like a freaking entitled millennial and show some proper respect for the best staff we have *ever* had.
Damn, spoken like fan that actually was a fan before 2010. 2009 was especially hopeless even worse then the Ken Behring years mostly. 4-12 and lost and we pick Aaron Curry....worst pick ever.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Josea16":z4r7k7ol said:
Damn, spoken like fan that actually was a fan before 2010. 2009 was especially hopeless even worse then Ken Behring years mostly.
Whoa, now that's going too far. Worse than the Ken Behring years? Not in my opinion...

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1tf8u7j0 said:

Cough Cough you forgot Ken Behring, Tom Flores, Dennis Erickson.

Josea16

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9wfpx8uk said:
Josea16":9wfpx8uk said:
Damn, spoken like fan that actually was a fan before 2010. 2009 was especially hopeless even worse then Ken Behring years mostly.
Whoa, now that's going too far. Worse than the Ken Behring years? Not in my opinion...
Maybe not. But the bottom really fell out in 2009. Point is we have a Superbowl contender since 2012 and a franchise quarterback good for another 10 years

While a bunch of spoiled brats expecting 14-2 and 8 consquectative Superbowl wins or Wilson sucks. Ridiculous and stupid. It's like we're turning into New England and it's sickening.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":21wzprq8 said:
RolandDeschain":21wzprq8 said:
Josea16":21wzprq8 said:
Maybe not. But the bottom really fell out in 2009.

Ahh the year of the dirt bag and Mora losing the team and blaming the kicker, good stuff, but that was just the culmination of Ruskell's power struggle with Holmgren and his constant undermining the team to prove he could make the final decisions.