The FO

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Josea16":2xouvuia said:
Damn, spoken like fan that actually was a fan before 2010. 2009 was especially hopeless even worse then the Ken Behring years mostly. 4-12 and lost and we pick Aaron Curry....worst pick ever.

Ummmm.... Do you not remember this guy? :34853_doh:

Lamar King (born August 10, 1975) is a former American football NFL defensive end.[1]

He was drafted in the first round with one of two 1st round selections the Seahawks had. He was the first draft pick under newly hired head coach and general manager Mike Holmgren. He played with the Seahawks for the first 5 seasons of his NFL career.[2] He did not start a game his rookie season and was only active for 14 games because he dislocated his left shoulder while tearing his labrum. King was able to pile up 6 sacks on the season. King was a productive NFL player when healthy but his problem was that he couldn't stay healthy. He spent most of his NFL career injured. King's down fall was that he could not demonstrate that he could stay healthy throughout his career which caused him to miss a large number of games. He never played an entire 16 game schedule and averaged just 7.6 starts with the Seahawks largely because of injuries. During 2002 King tore his calf muscle which caused him to miss half the season. He started 3 games in 2003 while only active for 9. King has had dislocated left shoulder, torn labrum, calf strain, tears, multiple knee problems which cause him to get micro-fracture surgery on his left knee. After the 2003 season he was signed as a free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and spent the season on IR because he again tore his left calf muscle. He has been out of football since 2004.

Josea16

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":13jo110l said:
Josea16":13jo110l said:
Damn, spoken like fan that actually was a fan before 2010. 2009 was especially hopeless even worse then the Ken Behring years mostly. 4-12 and lost and we pick Aaron Curry....worst pick ever.

Lamar King (born August 10, 1975) is a former American football NFL defensive end.[1]

He was drafted in the first round with one of two 1st round selections the Seahawks had. He was the first draft pick under newly hired head coach and general manager Mike Holmgren. He played with the Seahawks for the first 5 seasons of his NFL career.[2] He did not start a game his rookie season and was only active for 14 games because he dislocated his left shoulder while tearing his labrum. King was able to pile up 6 sacks on the season. King was a productive NFL player when healthy but his problem was that he couldn't stay healthy. He spent most of his NFL career injured. King's down fall was that he could not demonstrate that he could stay healthy throughout his career which caused him to miss a large number of games. He never played an entire 16 game schedule and averaged just 7.6 starts with the Seahawks largely because of injuries. During 2002 King tore his calf muscle which caused him to miss half the season. He started 3 games in 2003 while only active for 9. King has had dislocated left shoulder, torn labrum, calf strain, tears, multiple knee problems which cause him to get micro-fracture surgery on his left knee. After the 2003 season he was signed as a free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and spent the season on IR because he again tore his left calf muscle. He has been out of football since 2004.
Ouch. I'm holding out faint hope Procise isn't this guy. I actually never heard of him. I try my best to know stuff but living in Missouri makes it hard. But I do remember him, Holmgren wasn't perfect but he changed our team culture to winners and Carroll cemented it

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1abpzb0n said:
Cough Cough you forgot Ken Behring, Tom Flores, Dennis Erickson.
No, Erickson was a coach, not a GM, and while Behring was a bad owner, I'm excluding ownership from "front office".

Flores was a poor GM and couldn't handle the head coach / GM position, but Mueller was a much larger catastrophe.

Mueller mortgaged the future in a win-now attempt to save Erickson's job, but spent the money very poorly on aging vets which ended up in a salary cap hangover when Mike Holmgren took over, which hamstrung his ability to build the team he wanted, which caused Whitsitt to interfere with Holmgren and eventually to replace Holmgren as Seahawks' GM.

Because of Mueller, Holmgren never had a chance to succeed even if he could, and as a direct result we ended up with Whitsitt. That's a massive trail of destruction.

Josea16

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":l6y4drzy said:
chris98251":l6y4drzy said:
No, Erickson was a coach, not a GM, and while Behring was a bad owner, I'm excluding ownership from "front office".

Flores was a poor GM and couldn't handle the head coach / GM position, but Mueller was a much larger catastrophe.

Mueller mortgaged the future in a win-now attempt to save Erickson's job, but spent the money very poorly on aging vets which ended up in a salary cap hangover when Mike Holmgren took over, which hamstrung his ability to build the team he wanted, which caused Whitsitt to interfere with Holmgren and eventually to replace Holmgren as Seahawks' GM.

Because of Mueller, Holmgren never had a chance to succeed even if he could, and as a direct result we ended up with Whitsitt. That's a massive trail of destruction.
Wow, I'm impressed someone way outside Seattle, let alone the PNW knows enough to shut them up for a second.

They need to accept the Seahawks left regional after 2005. At this point they're not only a team with a national fan base but starting to be international. So damn fun for a guy stuck in Chief's Kingdom.

Damn hilarious to wear my colors at the bar on Sunday. There are Seahawk fans here and they are shocked I come in with full colors with my crew/friends in full Chief colors.

Man, to be honest blue really stands out against red. :17:

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":371gaykp said:
chris98251":371gaykp said:

Then you really don't understand the dynamics of that Era, Behring and his son were Owner GM's, all Flores had was a title, who do you think personally selected Dan McGwire?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Josea16":2zupkags said:
KiwiHawk":2zupkags said:
chris98251":2zupkags said:

Wow, I'm impressed someone way outside Seattle, let alone the PNW knows enough to shut them up for a second.

They need to accept the Seahawks left regional after 2005. At this point they're not only a team with a national fan base but starting to be international. So damn fun for a guy stuck in Chief's Kingdom.

Damn hilarious to wear my colors at the bar on Sunday. There are Seahawk fans here and they are shocked I come in with full colors with my crew/friends in full Chief colors.

Man, to be honest blue really stands out against red. :17:
Keep up the good work representing! I'm the same way, only with a backdrop of Vikings colors.

Atradees

Reaction score
And Richards' credentials "were" failed db. That's it. We cant do better? Taken out of context we can sure twist what I said.

I just want better offense. Even Mudd Bone had better teams in terms of offense. Quick beat me over the head with stats.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
This thread isn't very unique, but the OP is more ridiculous than the usual stuff.

There's always been things to be critical about, even in 2013. There' s obvious problems with this team, and we all (well maybe except for a few people) see them. The trick is if they can fix or mask these enough then there is still enough here to win a Super Bowl. That's still really exciting.

I think this weird thing happens with a lot of people where they start obsessing over certain things and see "easy" fixes. If they just had gotten better OL in the draft. If they had just fired the OC, it would all be amazing and they would dominate like they Patriots do (except when you look at the Patriots they don't even reach this high standard).

The problem with this is that it assumes that the moves that they would make to do these things have a high probability of success; they don't. They could work out or they couldn't. And even when this team is winning and an on a streak these obsessions continue; I wonder if some people even enjoy watching this team. You should, even with its flaws.

Other people have indicated this in the thread: what we're seeing is unprecedented. After sitting through 15 to 20 years of crap and ineptness we've been rewarded with one of the most consistently good teams in the league, who has been in three Super Bowls in the previous 12 seasons. Regardless of your age, there's a reasonable probability that we'll never see this again in our lifetimes. If you can't enjoy what we have now, why are you even watching it?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":33drj9xf said:
This thread isn't very unique, but the OP is more ridiculous than the usual stuff.

There's always been things to be critical about, even in 2013. There' s obvious problems with this team, and we all (well maybe except for a few people) see them. The trick is if they can fix or mask these enough then there is still enough here to win a Super Bowl. That's still really exciting.

I think this weird thing happens with a lot of people where they start obsessing over certain things and see "easy" fixes. If they just had gotten better OL in the draft. If they had just fired the OC, it would all be amazing and they would dominate like they Patriots do (except when you look at the Patriots they don't even reach this high standard).

The problem with this is that it assumes that the moves that they would make to do these things have a high probability of success; they don't. They could work out or they couldn't. And even when this team is winning and an on a streak these obsessions continue; I wonder if some people even enjoy watching this team. You should, even with its flaws.

Other people have indicated this in the thread: what we're seeing is unprecedented. After sitting through 15 to 20 years of crap and ineptness we've been rewarded with one of the most consistently good teams in the league, who has been in three Super Bowls in the previous 12 seasons. Regardless of your age, there's a reasonable probability that we'll never see this again in our lifetimes. If you can't enjoy what we have now, why are you even watching it?
Wholeheartedly agree. They have a successful formula in place that has made the Hawks a perennial Super Bowl contender. That's saying a lot in the era of free agency. The CLink is always sold out, so their business plan is also running at high efficiency.
I come to this site to see smart posts like this, learn a little from the educated and respected members and enjoy video and audio links from folks like ivotuk. The current cast of ownership and mods do a good job keeping it together. The negative posts are more comical than anything to me. Good entertainment.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
John Schnieder is a HOF gm. He gets high-impact players every year at every level of the draft. I LOVE it when he trades down. The Seahawks were a dumpster fire when the FO took over, now they're threats to run the table every year if they can stay healthy. Some people out there be trippin.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

OpHawk

Reaction score
Joyodongo":18a1zmmn said:
I'm deeply disappointed with this FO. They were supposed to be a very smart bunch of people but this is what I've seen the last years:
- They have no good drafts since 2012 (Frank Clark, Tyler Lockett maybe the best players in 5 drafts). They keep on trading back to accumulate 3rd round picks that they use to reach players like Rees Odhiambo, one of the worst players in the league right now.
- Horrible, horrible trades (let's see how SR's turns out but: Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham ...)
- They have for many years neglected the importance of the O-line
- They have horrendously evaluated O-linemen: not only in the draft, but free agents (Webb, Sowell...)
- As a consequence the are spoiling (maybe they have already spoiled) their franchise QB
- Complacency with the results: as we reach playoffs everything seems to be OK ...
- Complacency with the coaching staff: I can't stand PC's loyalty to his coaches (this is a business, not a friends' meeting). The results with the O-line, with the O in general are bad: make no excuses and try something/someone different, we can't be worse than this (at least with the O-line), and if we get even worse well, at least we tried something different

In this moment I'd prefer to be 0-11 this season and make some drastic changes than see another season with disappointing play, barely reaching the playoffs and losing the first road game.
Besides that, this team is very hard to watch, Why can't we see a Seahawks game like this last KC-Oakland, like the end of the 2015 season?

Yet, there is a lot of truth here.

evergreen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n222vzq said:
Joyodongo":1n222vzq said:
Sgt. Largent":1n222vzq said:
This is the NFL, no one dominates. Ever.

Hmmmmm ... are you sure ? :) :) :)

I assume you mean the Patriots?

Five Lombardi's in 15 years, three of which they needed;

- the tuck rule
- us losing our minds on the one yard line
- Atlanta choking the biggest choke in the history of the league
- playing in a terrible conference where they got a 4-5 game head start on the rest of the AFC for almost the entire 15 year run.

So yes, no one dominates. There is no sure thing, any year. So for you guys to be mad that we're only above average instead of incredible tells me you're young, or you've only been a Hawk's fan since 2012.

Cause if you had any perspective you wouldn't say I wish we'd go 0-11. Because going 0-11 means an implosion of the ENTIRE team and probably another 25 years of sucking trying to find the right coach, GM and players. Just like we did for the first 35 years.

I've been here since Tampa bay came into the NFL with us. No Tony Dorset for us... it wasn't all Ken Behring. We had some very good seasons and teams then. Never forget how awesome that '84 D was. Super Bowl for sure if Curt Warner doesn't go down. It sure didn't help having elway and those great Raider teams in our division. I remember '86 when we had the best team but lost a tie breaker to Cincinnati. Anyone remember Warren Moon almost coming here in '85? That would've been a hell of a team! But I do admit this offense is nearly unwatchable.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Josea16":3jpf7n9c said:
KitsapGuy":3jpf7n9c said:
Josea16":3jpf7n9c said:

Ouch. I'm holding out faint hope Procise isn't this guy. I actually never heard of him. I try my best to know stuff but living in Missouri makes it hard. But I do remember him, Holmgren wasn't perfect but he changed our team culture to winners and Carroll cemented it
Procise is of the same mold,I'm sorry to say but warned all when he was drafted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":moq4t7sf said:
bmorepunk":moq4t7sf said:

Wholeheartedly agree. They have a successful formula in place that has made the Hawks a perennial Super Bowl contender. That's saying a lot in the era of free agency. The CLink is always sold out, so their business plan is also running at high efficiency.
I come to this site to see smart posts like this, learn a little from the educated and respected members and enjoy video and audio links from folks like ivotuk. The current cast of ownership and mods do a good job keeping it together. The negative posts are more comical than anything to me. Good entertainment.

Well before you claimed to be a Seahawks Fan and were worshipping TJack and Bevell in Minnesota, the Seahawks have been selling out the Kingdome and the Clink pretty much since our existence, the Business Model is Seattle Fans love Football, check out the Huskies as well, they also sell out regularly. We were contenders in the 80's with Knox, again in the late 90's with Holmgren. When times have been bad it really was just the Bering Era, Patera years expansion team but exciting and entertaining, Knox years in arguably the best division in football rivaled by only the AFC North in any other division we would have been a regular playoff team, instead we traded places competing and beating up and getting beaten up in our own division with Denver and Elway, the best years of the Raiders, Chargers and Fouts and a Kansas City team that was physically dominant. The Behring years where we had Erickson, and Flores and the mess they made was the worst, hoping to keep the team in Seattle all the while watching the team being hamstrung by bad decisions. Holmgren years once again rising and competing and a regular playoff team, and now Pete.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1b0l2kw7 said:
KiwiHawk":1b0l2kw7 said:
chris98251":1b0l2kw7 said:

Then you really don't understand the dynamics of that Era, Behring and his son were Owner GM's, all Flores had was a title, who do you think personally selected Dan McGwire?
I do understand the dynamics quite well, and I do know that Behring was quite the hands-on (read: meddling) owner. I'm just comparing the eras, and while Flores was bad and posted the worst ever Seahawks record, that era didn't have the lasting impact that Mueller's incompetence fostered.

Don't let where I live put you off - I was an impressionable youth in Tampico, Washington when St. Helens blew and have closely followed the Seahawks for the past 38 years. Because I spent so much time out of Washington I've done a hell of a lot of research simply to get any news possible about the Seahawks. So I am well aware of the trials and tribulations of all things Seahawks over the years.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
How can you look at the development currently going on and start these threads?

- Reed is starting to become a wrecking ball in his 2nd year. Many have written him off as a bust already, yet here he is, 2 games in a row making big turnovers
- Griffen is going to be a pro bowler and soon
- Signing Mckissic as CJ insurance
- Trading for Justin Coleman
- Pocic looked good yesterday
- Naz Jones has made a big impact as a rookie
- Carson was looking like a steal of a 7th rd pick before the injury
- Aboushi has done fairly well, especially for such a cheap FA signing

This team is trending up. How many other teams in the league right now can say that?

homerun1970

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":ts9suc81 said:

- Reed is starting to become a wrecking ball in his 2nd year. Many have written him off as a bust already, yet here he is, 2 games in a row making big turnovers

This team is trending up. How many other teams in the league right now can say that?

Trending up from a place where many teams in the league would love to be. It is quite possible that Seattle has just reloaded .

homerun1970

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":32c43ktn said:

Trending up from a place where many teams in the league would love to be. It is quite possible that Seattle has just reloaded .