The hard question on everyones mind at Kansas city.

kmedic

Reaction score
The Chiefs boast the number one pass defense in the league, giving up only 205 yards per game. I don't have an issue with that as long as we can control the game with our running. This game also hinges on the defense keeping us in the game through the first half. If we get down more than two scores at any point in the game, especially early, there is zero chance of us coming back. Their QB pressure at home is tops in the league. Can you imagine what they'll do to our offensive line?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I expect a low scoring affair. Just like when Pehawk met Rosie O'Donnell.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
marko358":jndq0yuu said:
How healthy is KC? They missing as many key starters as us?

I'll just put it this way. if we show up in KC and play the best football we've played this year, this will be a close game. If we played anywhere near what we have in the past 3 weeks, we get blown out at this home. I really don't think we have a chance here but thats not a bad thing. We will eat the Cards alive coming off a loss, even if they had palmer.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Run it right down their throat. I am also excited to see our new tight end

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
blazen2392":397pmqfr said:
marko358":397pmqfr said:

I'll just put it this way. if we show up in KC and play the best football we've played this year, this will be a close game. If we played anywhere near what we have in the past 3 weeks, we get blown out at this home. I really don't think we have a chance here but thats not a bad thing. We will eat the Cards alive coming off a loss, even if they had palmer.
This.We can beat them but we can't be sloppy we have to jump on them and get a 10 point lead and keep the pedal to the metal otherwise we're in deep trouble. Kansas City is healthy where they need to be because everything season altering happened in week 1-2 and they have adjusted.

marko358

Reaction score
blazen2392":r8dt1qdi said:
marko358":r8dt1qdi said:

I'll just put it this way. if we show up in KC and play the best football we've played this year, this will be a close game. If we played anywhere near what we have in the past 3 weeks, we get blown out at this home. I really don't think we have a chance here but thats not a bad thing.

You're talking about the same KC team that beat a terrible Jets team 24-10 in their last home game, right?

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I've started each game day since the start of the 2012 season asking myself, what will it take for Seattle to lose today.....which means I wake up each and every day and believe Seattle is the better team on the field, home or away.....when you watch other teams play and see how pedestrian they are, it's hard not to get annoyed watching Seattle play because you EXPECT so much more and don't get it on a series to series or play to play scenario.

Zipped down the field today for a 7-0 lead....throw a pick that essentially gives the Giants 7 and then outside of a disappointing defensive series before halftime, rolled with 24-0 run that put the game away, when if not for a false start on the goal line where we got a FG, would have been another 7.

There is only one other team in the league that can do what Seattle can do and it's Denver. Not SF, Not KC, nobody.....not even ARIZ.

10 minutes left in the game and Rams up 14-10 on Arizona, who got bailed out by a deep ball to John Brown, who is an impressive rookie....does anyone feel like he's going to run past our secondary for a wide open TD??? we are not the Rams....
Seattle rolls by double digits because we are the better team and it's KC.....KC is just good enough to keep everyone's attention because there are no more layups the rest of the way.....Earl Thomas and others are cruisin and saving their legs for the stretch run.....KC isn't beating Denver at home and they aren't beating Seattle either.

Hawks 31- Chefs 17.....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A lot of pessimism coming off a 38-17 blowout win.

Of course Seattle can win this game. KC certainly has a shot as well, but this Seattle team can win any game on any given Sunday. KC is also good enough to beat any given team at home on any given Sunday. But they are hardly some juggernaut. Should be a good game.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
marko358":1mlzobje said:
blazen2392":1mlzobje said:
marko358":1mlzobje said:

I'll just put it this way. if we show up in KC and play the best football we've played this year, this will be a close game. If we played anywhere near what we have in the past 3 weeks, we get blown out at this home. I really don't think we have a chance here but thats not a bad thing.

You're talking about the same KC team that beat a terrible Jets team 24-10 in their last home game, right?

I don't think you realize just how dangerous of a team KC is at home. Very few teams in the NFL could travel there and beat them at their own house. Now throw in the fact that you are playing the previous world champs who are your rivals in crowd noise? we have a recipe for disaster. This will be a much tougher game than playing the cardinals the next week.

marko358

Reaction score
blazen2392":26qyzssb said:
marko358":26qyzssb said:
blazen2392":26qyzssb said:
marko358":26qyzssb said:

I don't think you realize just how dangerous of a team KC is at home. Very few teams in the NFL could travel there and beat them at their own house. Now throw in the fact that you are playing the previous world champs who are your rivals in crowd noise? we have a recipe for disaster. This will be a much tougher game than playing the cardinals the next week.

I think our team is starting to gel at the right time. I'm seeing vicious hits from the D that I wasn't seeing earlier in the year. I feel pretty confident in this one.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to run the ball early and often if they have any chance in hell at beating our old nemesis: the KC Chiefs. They have the number one passing defense in the NFL right now yardage wise. Their rushing defense is only ranked 19th overall giving up 4.7 yards per carry.

The Chiefs secondary, while good does not force many turnovers -- they only have 4 total interceptions this year and they're giving up a lot of passes underneath while being solid on the backend.

The Seahawks should go to Lynch early, and often against the Chiefs porous run defense. This is especially important because of the Chiefs pass rush. Tambi Hali has been suffering from knee issues this year, but he also has the potential to go off at any time even if he's been having an "off year". Justin Houston on the other hand has been utterly dominate. He's consistently in the opposing QB's work space.

The Seahawks have the potential to work the read option heavily in this game. Tali and Houston are aggressive, both when defending the run and rushing the passer. The read option is exceptional at exploiting aggressive ends and linebackers such as Tali and Houston. Wilson should have ample room on the perimeter to exploit the Chiefs defense much like what he did against the Giants today. Working the pass rush will force Houston and Tali to slow down their pass rush.

As far as the passing game goes we need to give Russell, quick, easy passes to establish a rhythm and counter that pass rush. Russell Wilson needs to take what the defense gives him, and really work those underneath passes, that is where they're vulnerable in the passing game. He cannot hold onto the ball for too long or Justin Houston and Hali will make him pay. We need to give Wilson a healthy dose of checkdown options this game. If the Hawks can they need to run a healthy dose of bootlegs to counteract Houston's vicious ass rush.

On defense we need to really watch the tight ends and running backs extra closely. Alex Smith really likes to take the checkdown. In fact Golden Tate has more yards, touchdowns and receptions than the ENTIRE Chiefs WR corps. In fact the Chiefs WR's have not caught a single touchdown pass this year. We need our linebackers to be on or else Jamal Charles and company will make our day miserable in the passing game.

In order to stop Charles we're going to need a lot of luck with Mebane injured. We NEED to seal the edges, Charles is very good at running to the outside, if he turns the corner we'll be in trouble. It might be wise to have Bennett play some DT if Mebane cannot play.

Our defense will live and die by our linebacker play this game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Unfortunately our next two opponents play the type of defense that can out and out shut down this offense.

They play man defense and blitz the hounds. The way our passing game has looked of late, I don't have a lot of confidence in this game barring the defense playing out of their minds Sunday

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if we walked into Arrowhead and punched them in the mouth. Pete's teams have a way of playing to the level of their competition...almost letting Tennessee/Tampa/Oakland/Giants walk into their house and steal a win, then turning around and trashing the Saints. You never know with this team.

We need to be healthy.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Not a chance we win in KC with this team right now. When this team plays on the road we are an average team at best. Even last year. And KC is one of the toughest places to play and there team is pretty good too. Does anyone remember the days we played in AFC West and could never win there? Our overall record at Arrowhead is 5 wins & 20 losses. Our last win there was 1999.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37l6rfbq said:
It wouldn't surprise me if we walked into Arrowhead and punched them in the mouth. Pete's teams have a way of playing to the level of their competition...almost letting Tennessee/Tampa/Oakland/Giants walk into their house and steal a win, then turning around and trashing the Saints. You never know with this team.

We need to be healthy.

Very true. I don't know why our football team is so jekyll and hyde. But we havent had a season road football game this year which makes me nervous.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BTW, KC isn't unbeaten at home. They lost to the Titans 26-10 at home. Yes, the Titans. They lost three games at home last year. Arrowhead is loud, not magic.